· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Thread: My endlers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No platys in the gift shop, so have a cookie - Slaphppy7   Welcome to AC! - Silbar   Congrats on winning the DT! - Silbar   

Default My endlers

1 Not allowed!
    Hello everyone, a little over a month ago I got some new chili endlers. I had them in QT for a month-ish and put them in my display (75g) a week or two ago. Iíve really fallen for these guys! Itís been years since Iíve had any livebearers and now I have these and some swords on the way.

I must say, they are much more docile than my platies or mollies ever were. Even when the males breed they arenít as obsessive as the platies or mollies.

Iíve already got around 20 fry, 6 from QT and the rest from a female I put in a breeder tank. They seem to be doing very well!

Iíll likely be updating this and use this as a breeding log a bit.

Now for the the pics!

"you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags it's tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."
    -Cheshire cat

"You know, aquariums are submarines for fish."
    -Kevin, Ghost Busters!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    Nice pics, congrats on the fry....I really like my endlers (while they lasted), but for some reason they all died off...they were breeding well, too...just one of those things, I guess
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

ďIf there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they wentĒ - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

0 Not allowed!
    Yes, congrats on your fry. I hope you get to enjoy these lovely little fish for a long time!
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No platys in the gift shop, so have a cookie - Slaphppy7   Welcome to AC! - Silbar   Congrats on winning the DT! - Silbar   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    Nice pics, congrats on the fry....I really like my endlers (while they lasted), but for some reason they all died off...they were breeding well, too...just one of those things, I guess
    Iím sorry yours didnít live for s long period.:( I used to have the worst of luck with guppies, but Iíve changed a lot in my aquariums so Iím hoping my endlers will do well.

What kind of endlers did you have?
    Quote Originally Posted by RiversGirl View Post
    Yes, congrats on your fry. I hope you get to enjoy these lovely little fish for a long time!
    Thank you! Iím really enjoying the little guys! Iím probably going to have a ton of fry now because Iíve got endlers and swords now lol, but thatís fine. I want to start selling and shipping out so theyíre a good species to start with!
    "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags it's tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."
    -Cheshire cat

-Kevin, Ghost Busters!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    They were gifted, not sure which variety they were

ďIf there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they wentĒ - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Little update! The fry are doing very well, they all seem to still be alive and are growing. Iím also moving some celestial pearl danios in with them(the celestials are still to small to room with my australes) and have tested, the danios do not care for the fry at all. Probably because theyíre practically the size of fry themselves!

I also found 5 more Endler fry in my community tank, they were in the only place they could really even hide. A clump of java moss near the top of the tank.
    I got three but I donít know if the other two made it or were eaten.

Last part of this update, my white albino swords have come in! They are beautiful and I think Iíll add updates on them on here too (will probably change title). Hereís a photo of the male-
    -Cheshire cat

-Kevin, Ghost Busters!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    I've never seen an albino sword, pretty cool looking...congrats on the newbies

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    I've never seen an albino sword, pretty cool looking...congrats on the newbies
    I believe theyíre pretty rare. I got lucky and won an RAOK on another forum. The member who hosted has all types of cool species, so I got put on the wait list for a trio of these swords.

Iím probably going to move a male and female over to the community this weekend and keep one female in the QT for when she drops some fry. I need to start floating some mops in my community as well.

Thank you! Iím very happy with them!
    -Cheshire cat

-Kevin, Ghost Busters!