· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: No BB

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For doing a fine job with your first tank. - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    It has been a week since I got new babies. I took Slaphppy's advice and got 6 Black Neons and 6 Glowlights to start with. I did not want to overwhelm my quarantine tank. The water parameters have been great: 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite, and nitrates are a little less than 5.0ppm. The little guys are all growing very quickly and so far seem very healthy. I will wait at least 2 more weeks before putting them into my 75g. How long does it take for Ick to manifest itself? I am very worried about it since I previously lost an entire tank of fish to Ick. So far so good
    I Am A Freshwater Fish In A Saltwater World
    Be The Rainbow In Someone Else's Cloud

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    Luckily, I haven't dealt with ich much, so no idea how long it takes for it to get so bad you can actually see it...2 more weeks in QT should work fine....good luck, congrats again
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

0 Not allowed!
    Congrats on your new fish!
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   My fish say thanks - KoryKat   

2 Not allowed!
    It could take a month for an outbreak of ich to be visible (replicating unseen). The ich could be tiny enough not to be seen or hidden behind the gill plate. This is why I treat the QT with 86F and salt at 1 tablespoon per gallon (added over a 3 day period) for the first 2 weeks since that is a stressful period. This makes sure that the ich is not replicating in the QT. The fish then stay in quarantine for another 3 months or so.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For doing a fine job with your first tank. - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Wow! That seems like a really long time. I was hoping to put them in this weekend. That will be the 3 week mark for the quarantine, They all look good are are growing very quickly. I look at their gills every day and have seen nothing that should not be there
    I Am A Freshwater Fish In A Saltwater World
    Be The Rainbow In Someone Else's Cloud

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   My fish say thanks - KoryKat   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by KoryKat View Post
    Wow! That seems like a really long time. I was hoping to put them in this weekend. That will be the 3 week mark for the quarantine, They all look good are are growing very quickly. I look at their gills every day and have seen nothing that should not be there
    How do you look at the gills? Do you take the fish out and open the gill cover?