· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on 3,000, have an oyster! (?) - Slaphppy7   For giving your daughter a tank, scaping rights included! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   sorry to hear about your knee. since you dont drink herea a slice - bpete   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nautilus291 View Post
    Ya basically. I can string three of four chords together fine, but adding in anything else and I get stuck.
    Is there a particular key you like the sound of? Lots of guitarists (including me) favor the key of G. Anyway, I can probably give you some tips that might provide some direction for your experimentations, if you like. Chords go together in certain, semi-predictable ways, and once you understand that, away you go!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on 3,000, have an oyster! (?) - Slaphppy7   For giving your daughter a tank, scaping rights included! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   sorry to hear about your knee. since you dont drink herea a slice - bpete   

3 Not allowed!
    Well, got my MRI results back. The knee is worse than I'd hoped, but better than it could have been. Among other things, I have a loose, partially torn MCL, which, in medical parlance, is what we call "a serious boo boo." I'm going to be on crutches and in a brace for six weeks at least.

But there seems to be no bone or cartilage damage, which is good, and I am still expected to recover fully with no lasting damage. And I am cleared to swim and lift weights with my brace on, which is exciting.

Oh, and that fifth grader, the one with the broken ankle who edged me out in the crutches race up the hall this morning? She totally cheated.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas to You and Yours! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Win or lose, here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Cheers! - Slaphppy7   

3 Not allowed!
    No surgery on the knee ligaments is a good thing I guess. Six weeks is about the same time immobilized as if you had surgery though. Don't worry about that 5th grader too much as you're still just a rookie, you'll catch up. Attitude is every thing, you've got a good one.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   

1 Not allowed!
    Glad your knee isn't going to need surgery and you can do some activities with the brace and crutches. for the good news!
    5.5g- Shrimp tanks
    75 Gourami/Eel tank
    5g Salty Tank
    Fish room-*pending*

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room
    Salty Tank

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Well, I must admit that my attitude took a turn for the worse a couple days ago. Mostly it's because the weather has FINALLY taken a turn toward spring around here, and I can't really do anything about it. And that is unfair. I endured Wyoming Winter, and doggone it, I EARNED me some spring time! But I'm going to miss the best part of it. That's hard to take.

Along the same line, I am denied most of my big decompression activities: Can't run, can't hike, can't shoot my bow, can't work in the yard. That's hard to take, too. I have the doctor's OK to swim, but I really can't do that either since dressing myself is a 15 minute ordeal that just isn't happening in a locker room. At least I still have music.

Third, I'm getting really tired of watching my beautiful wife work her tail off, and there really is very little I can do to help out. It's amazing how much one needs to stand and use one's hands at the same time.

I think I'm going to get one of these free-standing pull-up bar things and put it outside. At least that way I can work up a sweat while I look at the mountains and dream of better things. I have a great hope, and a great family, and faith in a great God who is much bigger than all this, and we're going to be OK. But man. Spring time happening without my participation. 'Tain't fair.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family :-) - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you too! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Congrats! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Hope the recovery is swift so you can get outside and move!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks, DL. I could use some positive thoughts, friends. What are you thankful for?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   

1 Not allowed!
    How about affectionate pets -- do you have any of those? A dog or cat might not be able to jump up onto your lap right now, but I'll bet you could still (somewhat) pet them. Sounds like you have a very devoted and supportive wife. Family is important, and where there's love, there's hope, joy and security.
    20 gal. high: planted; 5 white cloud minnows, 4 golden White Clouds, several RCS, 2 blue shrimp, 5 Amano shrimp, several snails; Azoo air. 65 gal: planted; 6 rosy barbs, 6 yellow glofish, 3 red glofish, 3 zebra danios, 5 white cloud minnows, 3 dojo loaches, 6 crimson spot rainbow fish, 12 large Amano Shrimp, several snails; AC110.