· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family :-) - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you too! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Congrats! - Slaphppy7   

Smile Garden Before and After: Signs of Spring

6 Not allowed!
    Matt had the awesome idea that we could show our signs of Spring: growth, budding flowers, or "lack of"( maybe, flower beds covered in snow?) in our yard. Then, when Spring starts, when the same area is beginning to grow and bloom, do an after photo.

Might be fun :)

I have little of interest in my yard atm- it is rainy and cold ( for California).
    But, here are my "before" and will add "afters" in April.

Daffodils blooming next to the succulent garden. The tree they are planted under is a Snowball Viburnum. The red succulents are Paddle plant and Euphorbia "Fire-sticks"

The succulent garden is holding up well. Was worried all the rain might make the succulents rot; but, so far holding up well.

Im loving these golden succulents.

Lets see yours! :)

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   

5 Not allowed!
    This is a fabulous idea. I'll have to go outside and take a picture of my snow-covered garden and the empty bird feeders I can't get to. Sorry, birdies!
    As Spring begins, I can photograph the daffodils that come up and other floral beginnings, and follow that progress into late Spring, Summer and Fall. Several "after" pics. As some of you know, I firmly believe in sharing the beauty. Look forward to several stages of garden growth and development -- providing I am still able to upload photos when the forum is transferred to the new server. Hope everything will still work ...
    20 gal. high: planted; 5 white cloud minnows, 4 golden White Clouds, several RCS, 2 blue shrimp, 5 Amano shrimp, several snails; Azoo air. 65 gal: planted; 6 rosy barbs, 6 yellow glofish, 3 red glofish, 3 zebra danios, 5 white cloud minnows, 3 dojo loaches, 6 crimson spot rainbow fish, 12 large Amano Shrimp, several snails; AC110.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family :-) - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you too! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Congrats! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    I would love to see your snow-covered landscape! I know it is a burden for all of you that have to deal with it, but it would be so great to see it!
    Yes, please do mark its progress in photos. This will be a really transformation. :)

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's a betta for you. - Slaphppy7   For your oscar heimlich rescue :) - BluewaterBoof   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    very nice pics and garden. I am looking forward to seeing some spring weather.
    Brian

I wish I had a Fish Wish Dish.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   

2 Not allowed!
    As a native southern Californian who grew up around succulents and cacti, and mild climate most of the time, your garden brings all of that back to me. You've been suffering a terrible drought down there, and while all of that current rain you're getting is causing some flooding, enough of it will, hopefully, soak into the ground to end some of those tinder dry conditions that lead to such devastating wildfires every year.

I recall 1980, when we were living in east Oceanside, a short distance from Mission San Luis Rey. The whole north San Diego county area had similar nonstop torrential rains for days on end. Waves were crashing on Highway 101 as I drove home from work at night, and I could see fish flopping on the pavement in my headlights. The San Luis Rey river overflowed its beds and we had flooding on all of our roadways. Douglas Drive got closed off and I had to drive an alternate route to work. A couple of days, even that was so badly flooded I had to call in to tell them I just couldn't get out. All the roadways in and out were closed off. They understood, and they told me to stay home and stay safe. Our trailer park was beginning to flood, and we were on evacuation alert. We were scrambling to get together important items we would need to take with us, and then we finally got a last minute reprieve. The rain finally stopped, in just a niche of time. We were able to stay put, but came very close to having to pick up and get out of there.

I remember it well.
    20 gal. high: planted; 5 white cloud minnows, 4 golden White Clouds, several RCS, 2 blue shrimp, 5 Amano shrimp, several snails; Azoo air. 65 gal: planted; 6 rosy barbs, 6 yellow glofish, 3 red glofish, 3 zebra danios, 5 white cloud minnows, 3 dojo loaches, 6 crimson spot rainbow fish, 12 large Amano Shrimp, several snails; AC110.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on 3,000, have an oyster! (?) - Slaphppy7   For giving your daughter a tank, scaping rights included! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   sorry to hear about your knee. since you dont drink herea a slice - bpete   

1 Not allowed!
    My garden,too, is under a foot of snow, and probably will be for another month or two...then there's a month of mud before the ground thaws enough for anything to actually start growing. It does make for dramatic before/after pics, but I am sometimes envious of those of you who live in places where things actually grow. :) Enjoy it!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    I sure would like to see some snow pictures.

Here is my idealized one. :)

Beautiful-Snow-Image.jpg

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Ideal, indeed. That elk can't eat any of your flowers or mine, with all that snow on the ground.

I've taken some photos of my white garden plot with all the tall berms around it. As soon as they're processed and on a CD, I can upload some. It's white on white for as far as the eye can see around here. And still coming down.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on cycling your tank! - Silbar   Thanks! - Boundava   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   
    Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - KENR   

2 Not allowed!
    Still have snow on the ground but seeing the sun on my way to work and not pitch seeing it setting on my home tells me spring is on way..... no fun dark in morning dark when you get home.
    If it's too loud you're too old
    If it's too fast then it must be thrash

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Okay, here's my winter garden scene, as of February 16, this year: