· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family :-) - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you too! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Congrats! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Did any of you have problems with the Tidal getting things inside filter and rattling continuously? I would get snails or particulates etc... inside the motor casing constantly and they would bounce off the plastic.
    It drove me bat a-- crazy because I would have to take it apart ( I had 2- 1 on my 60 gallon and 1 on my 30 gallon) and get these objects out regularly.
    I have little patience so ended throwing both in garbage and ordered Fluvel canisters.
    Maybe it was just me- but, I loathed these filters.

I would second the Aquaclear recommendation.
    Last edited by discusluv; 02-02-2019 at 11:02 PM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - ApistoJoe   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    I use prefilters on mine so haven't had that issue. They do draw in quite a bit of stuff, though, which I like about them. Can't believe you tossed them - someone would have surely taken them off your hands.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family :-) - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you too! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Congrats! - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    No, no one to take the Tidals off my hands. The people I know that are close enough nto take them all use canister filters.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    I would have sent you postage to send them to me, I love my Tidal. Mine is on the goldfish tank and I do have some larger snails but no issues with rattling. Sometimes the water level needs to be topped off due to evaporation but the filter does such a great job that it isn't an issue for me. I would second (or third?) the vote for the Tidal 35.
    Last edited by Boundava; 02-04-2019 at 07:33 PM.
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Thanks everyone

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    hi again guys.

So i got an Aquaclear 30 and put it in my tank instead of the old one. the tank looks much better now without an ugly filter taking a lot of space, and the water much more clear as well. i had it for like 2 weeks and i am happy with it.

i have an additional sort of related question. do any of you guys use only this filter to create surface motion? or do you have an air stone as well? i have had an air stone from the beginning, but now thinking maybe i can get rid of it and just keep the filter doing the motion? You think that would be enough for my 15g tank?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    I think it will create plenty of surface agitation, as long as you have the water level filled to the bottom of the waterfall lip of the filter; you can get rid of the airstone if you don't want it
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers