· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family :-) - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you too! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Congrats! - Slaphppy7   

Default Heater Malfunction

0 Not allowed!
    A bit sad today... last night when I came home from San Francisco at around 9:00 pm and went to feed my fish I had dead fish floating in aquarium.
    It is my 30 gallon that I had set up just recently with the Alenquer discus pair, 8 Orange-lemon tetras, and a L129 Pleco.

The discus were barred up in corner and all the Orange-lemon tetras were dead. Talk about freak-out on my end.
    The heater was stuck on 94 degrees!

I was able to locate the pleco and he was fine as well because prefers the same temps as discus.
    Added some cool water a bit at a time and then moved them until get a new heater.

Not a good day.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - ApistoJoe   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    So sorry to hear this. What kind of heater was this?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family :-) - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you too! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Congrats! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Cobalt Neotherm

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - ApistoJoe   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    That's what I was thinking. This happened to one of mine, too (stuck on 94 and unable to reset it), but I caught it right away. I unplug heaters when doing water changes and when I plug back in, I check every time. If under warranty, they will replace. I sent an e-mail through the Cobalt website and attached a copy of my receipt, explaining what happened. New one was sent with no return required.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    This one is about three years old and dont have a receipt.
    Been using their heaters for a long time (maybe 10 years or so), but trying out a different heater to replace this one.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Fortunately I buy a lot of this stuff on Amazon so an invoice is readily available. Mine was about 2 years old when it went after the water change. I had another one go before this one after the power came back on following a 2 day outage. I have 5 running now and I really like them, but I have to keep my eye on them when disconnected from a power source for a time.

It seems all of the ones I've tried have had issues at one time or another. I used to have the Stealth heaters years ago until they were all recalled. I liked the Aqueon Pro heaters, too, but the 2 small ones I have now in my Spec V tanks have to be set lower at about 70-72 to get a temp of 76. And the Eheim I had gave me problems as I could never figure out how to calibrate it properly. Heaters are probably the most frustrating piece of equipment for me.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Aqueon Pro was what I ordered this time. Will see, I haven't used this one before.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

1 Not allowed!
    Sorry to hear of the losses, how devastating this is.
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Thank you :(

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas to You and Yours! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Win or lose, here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Cheers! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by SueD View Post
    Heaters are probably the most frustrating piece of equipment for me.
    Truer words have not been spoken. Sorry for the losses.