· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

Default Let's see those wheel guns!

2 Not allowed!
    I know several of you folks have some firearm collections! I recently got my first revolver after 15 years of being a semi-auto guy and I am in love with it. I've already got a few more picked out for purchasing in the near future haha

Short vid of me playing with it at the range last week with some fairly beefy loads. It was only my second time with .357 magnum so go easy on me!

I'd love to see and hear about your favorite wheel guns and/or hear about bad experiences so I get an idea of what to look for or stay away from.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas to You and Yours! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Win or lose, here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Cheers! - Slaphppy7   

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

0 Not allowed!
    That's a handsome firearm. I like that they put Hogue grips on it. I added Hogue to mine and it made it much less uncomfortable to shoot.

I shot 70 rounds the day I made the video and my hand was bruised and tender for three days hahaha

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas to You and Yours! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Win or lose, here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Cheers! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    LOL...it aught to be handsome for what it costs. Never liked the Hogue grips either ... had'em on a Dan Wesson .357 once and took'em off. I could control the gun much better without them so I just went back to the walnut grip that came on the gun. Any .357 snubby like that is going to be hard to control. The CZ Dan Wesson had an 8" target barrel on it so it didn't kick to bad.
    Last edited by Taurus; 01-24-2019 at 07:03 PM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Hahaha I picked myself up some Buffalo Bore 180gr hardcast rounds for hiking/camping. Not too excited to practice with them out of my little snubby but I'm a firm believer that you practice with what you plan on carrying. I've seen people say they practice with lighter loads or even put in .38 special and I'm not really sure why they think that is a good idea. If you are caught in a situation in which you have to defend yourself, the last thing you'll want it to be caught off guard with your accuracy out the window because you're not familiar with the load in your gun...

Do you have any revolvers currently? Care to share photos/thoughts on them, if you do? Revolvers are a new passion for me so I'm hungry for as much info as I can fit in my brain haha

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by BluewaterBoof View Post
    Do you have any revolvers currently? Care to share photos/thoughts on them, if you do? Revolvers are a new passion for me so I'm hungry for as much info as I can fit in my brain haha
    I don't currently own any revolvers at this time Boof. I was offered a handsome sum for the Dan Wesson a few year ago so I sold it to a friend of mine that I knew would treat it right and be responsible with it.
    Last edited by Taurus; 01-24-2019 at 08:36 PM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurus View Post
    Never liked the Hogue grips either ... had'em on a Dan Wesson .357 once and took'em off. I could control the gun much better without them so I just went back to the walnut grip that came on the gun.
    Welp, my Hogue grip lasted one session to the range before I put the factory grip back on. Actually made the gun hurt worse, even trying lighter loads. Not only did it have a nastier felt recoil, but it would also slip forward a bit and expose a pretty gnarly edge of the backstrip which cut up the webbing near my thumb. I was pretty floored at how awful it made the gun since it had such glowing reviews online. Pretty disappointed.

I guess I will stay with some lighter loads for this one and use it strictly for CCW. I'm thinking of picking up a 6.5" .44mag and using that for a woods gun.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by BluewaterBoof View Post
    I'm thinking of picking up a 6.5" .44mag and using that for a woods gun.
    .357s are so much more versatile. I think you'd be happier with a longer barrel though but that all depends on the planned use. If you go to a .44 that's just any cartridge that you have to have around. Any time someone mentions a .44mag I always think of this:

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    It's funny you brought that up this morning. Last night I made the decision to order another .357mag but with a longer barrel. It's 38oz, while the snubby is only 24oz. Should make it a tad more comfortable to shoot the hotter loads.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Good, yeah I hope you're happy with it Boof.