· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ammonia Spike

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    Spray bar may be better, I've never used a nozzle

I'd keep it submerged, just below the water line, at a 45 degree angle upward toward the water surface
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   My fish say thanks - KoryKat   

1 Not allowed!
    I have no problem submerging any nozzle or spray bar. Just point it up at 45-60 degree angle to the water line.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For doing a fine job with your first tank. - Slaphppy7   

3 Not allowed!
    Happy Day! No ammonia in my tank. Much thanks again to Rocksor and Slaphappy7 for your expert advice. I learned yet another valuable lesson from both of you. Everything should go well now. As soon as my 20g finishes cycling, I will be getting new fish to add to my 75g; after quarantine of course
    I Am A Freshwater Fish In A Saltwater World
    Be The Rainbow In Someone Else's Cloud

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    Glad to help.

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    That is great Slaphppy7 and Rocksor were able to quickly resolve the issue for you.

I have learned something as well. And I have a question for @Rocksor. Is a soft ripple ok?
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   My fish say thanks - KoryKat   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by angelcraze2 View Post
    That is great Slaphppy7 and Rocksor were able to quickly resolve the issue for you.

I have learned something as well. And I have a question for @Rocksor. Is a soft ripple ok?
    If you have ammonia and nitrite or fish gasping, then no.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocksor View Post
    If you have ammonia and nitrite or fish gasping, then no.
    Ok tx. I misunderstood your advice. A large ripple? What is the optimal spraybar setup pls? Even if there's no ammonia or gasping fish?
    Last edited by angelcraze2; 01-30-2019 at 05:30 AM.
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    I prefer no sound, so submerged with it pointing to the surface.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Help! I am a newbie - my tank has been going since the end of March this year. I have tropical guppies, plecos and kuhli loaches and some tetras. All was going great - guppies breeding happily. About 2 weeks ago now, I lost an adult guppy - she became very thin and would spit out any food she tried to eat.
    She then lay on the bottom for a day - then curled up like the letter C. The other fish started to harass her and she was in obvious distress and obviously dying. I removed her from the tank and put her out of her misery painlessly. Then I lost a young fry - then another adult male guppy in a similar way. I do weekly water changes and couldn't think of anything I had done differently, so I shot off to the Pet Shop for help. I bought an API Test Kit and my first text showed .50ppm Ammonia. Panic stations. I did a 50% water change - then the next day another 30% water change. Yesterday I did another 60% water change as my Ammonia was now 1.0ppm (!!!) and I had lost another adult guppy. I added 13mils of API Ammo Lock (I am adding the 2nd dose of that again tomorrow). My Ammonia tested at .50ppm this morning. Do I keep doing large water changes and continuing with Ammo Lock until my Ammonia stops spiking? This has been really upsetting to lose my fish like this. Is this New Tank Syndrome? Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me.

My tank is an Aqua One 90L and I run it at 25degrees Celcius.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Welcome to the AC

It would be best to start your own thread in the Beginner Section of the tank, so that we will have all of the info we need about your tank in one place. Simply copy the above, and paste into a new thread in the Beginner Section, and we will take it from there.