· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Another plant for your tank - Cliff   

Default BN and L333 King Tiger Pleco

0 Not allowed!
    I’m gradually stocking a 75 gal, set up in September to replace my 37, which I had for years. Planted tank, lots of wood and rocks, currently holding 4 SAE, 4 Amano shrimp, 12 Rummynose, 7 Corydoras, and an small albino BN (1 1/2”) that I picked up a few days ago.

The LFS also had a few Plecos listed as “L333 Yellow Tiger Pleco” - King Tiger Plecos, I believe. I have to go back this weekend - forgot to pick up filter floss - and was contemplating bringing home a L333 too. They’re about 2” long right now.

Would the BN and L333 be Ok together?

Do you think I’m overdoing the lower level feeders?

Thanks for any thoughts.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Have a frontosa, to start your collection - Slaphppy7   4 the help - rookie   

0 Not allowed!
    I keep 3 longfin bn's and 4 L066 king tigers together, and they seem fine.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by fissh View Post
    What size tank...that's a good amount of bioload

I think the BN and the tiger would be fine in a 75G
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Have a frontosa, to start your collection - Slaphppy7   4 the help - rookie   

0 Not allowed!
    The tank is a 39 tall. All the fish seem happy, I've had them together for over 2 years now, along with some elephant ear guppies.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    Nice. I think you may have posted pics of them here on the AC in the past, if I'm not mistaken
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Wishing You A Happy New Year!!! - Jill   Happy New year - Celtic Fins   May the Anti troll force be with you. - Celtic Fins   2001 posts! - Northernguy   For your helpful fry advice - Cliff   

0 Not allowed!
    I kept L333's in a 30 long with several breeding pairs of BN for a few years w/out any issues. The Hypancistrus are very slow growing, take several years to mature, unlike the Ancistrus that will be spawning size 8 months after they hatch. I presume your lfs is selling juvies, not adults?

^^^Please click the eggs/dragons, thanks...^^^

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Wishing You A Happy New Year!!! - Jill   Happy New year - Celtic Fins   May the Anti troll force be with you. - Celtic Fins   2001 posts! - Northernguy   For your helpful fry advice - Cliff   

0 Not allowed!
    I kept L333's in a 30 long with several breeding pairs of BN for a few years w/out any issues. The Hypancistrus are very slow growing, take several years to mature, unlike the Ancistrus that will be spawning size 8 months after they hatch. I presume your lfs is selling juvies, not adults?

^^^Please click the eggs/dragons, thanks...^^^

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family :-) - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you too! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Congrats! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Doesnt this pleco get to 6 inches? How long does it take to get that size?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family :-) - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you too! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Congrats! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    In a 39 tall?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Wow, I have 3 adult BN plecos in my 90g and the male is aggressive enough with the females as it is, maybe because they are breeding? You must have lots of caves and levels of substrate. I'm interested because I'm considering leopard frog plecos with my BN pleco in a 120g.
    Last edited by angelcraze2; 01-06-2019 at 04:01 AM.
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat