· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 83 of 85 FirstFirst ... 33738182838485 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   Thanks for the feedback, have a hot dog, LOL - Slaphppy7   You need a friend for Beauty, since Ghost was a meany - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Well no news from the Buyer's/lawyers on the inspection. Probably will happen today...I hope?

All the fish seem to be doing well, ran over to the other house yesterday to feed the fish, throw some clams/shrimp and cut up a bell pepper. Forgot to bring the ammonia to keep our tub of media alive, we threw in some dirty fish water and a pinch of flakes for *food*. I would like to be able to control the ammonia(=beneficial bacteria) levels so have to bring over the ammonia today as well as our testing kit. Also going to pull the peppers out of the tanks and possibly cut up another.

Fish here are doing well, went to Fish Planet on Monday and I picked up two female banded gouramis for the 120 (to be 180) group of gouramis. They also had some scarlet badis, you can't imagine just how small they are until you see them! (they are about the size of my thumb-nail) So I got a male and two female to put into my 16 gallon cube with the eye-spot gourami and rabbit/faunus snails. This tank is going to be upgraded to a 22 cube sometime between now and the move. The 22 cube is built like the fluval spec V where it has a pump and a chamber for filtration built in, the slots for water flow are big enough for the badis and even the eye-spots to slip through.
    75 Gourami/Eel tank
    Fish room-Astt tanks;all sizes

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   Thanks for the feedback, have a hot dog, LOL - Slaphppy7   You need a friend for Beauty, since Ghost was a meany - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    I don't know how many of you remember my last living grandparent (grandma on Dad's side) had pneumonia about a year ago. Ever since then she has been slowly going downhill from mild to severe dementia, being fully mobile to unable to stand, eating and drinking to not wanting anything...well Dad has been caring for her this whole time. Though retired he was still working prior to this, had to stop working to care for his Mom as no one would take her in nursing or hospice (and her monetary funds would not cover anything.

Well this past month has been the worst-stopped eating/drinking/knowing where-who she is/we are. Hospice still refused to take her, though they did send over a hospital bed and a nurse to check on her 2 times a week(?!) Its been so hard on her and my Dad. Well she finaly passed away last night, a true blessing for her and my Dad. RIP Darinka P, thank you for everything you did for us.
    75 Gourami/Eel tank

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Belated Birthday! - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

1 Not allowed!
    RIP to your grandmother, bless your family
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Thank you Matt. Dad is doing well, relieved she is finally at piece. I am glad as well.

Unsure of the wake/funeral due to COVID.
    75 Gourami/Eel tank

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    So funeral today, just waiting on Dad to get us.

Had a nice snowstorm with ice last night. I shoveled after the snow stopped so thankfully there is just 1/2 snow with ice topping to manage.

No news on the inspection, however an appraisal has been requested for Saturday. Oh-time to go!
    75 Gourami/Eel tank

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

0 Not allowed!
    RIP to your grandmother
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Thank you Rivers. We had a snowstorm so not too many were able to come to the funeral Wednesday.

Speaking of which, woke up to snow with a weather advisory for 4+ inches with snow 11 pm, an hour ago it was 2-4 inches, and 2 minutes ago it changed to 1-2 inches; stopping in 40 minutes.

Glad to hear since 1) we are at the new house making lamb roast with roasted baby potatoes, mushroom in white wine and tortellini with marinara sause for New Year dinner.
    !
    On another note.... Yesterday the agent told me the buyers accepted the credit for the inspection! Signed the addendum. Oh and appraisal is happening again tomorrow, they will have fun outside...
    75 Gourami/Eel tank

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boundava View Post
    Thank you Rivers. We had a snowstorm that morningso not too many were able to come to the funeral Wednesday.

Speaking of which, today I woke up to snow with a weather advisory for 4+ inches with snow ending at 11 pm, an hour ago it was 2-4 inches, and 2 minutes ago it changed to 1-2 inches; stopping in 40 minutes.

Glad to hear since 1) we are at the new house making lamb roast with roasted baby potatoes, mushroom in white wine and tortellini with marinara sause for New Year dinner.

On another note.... Yesterday the agent told me the buyers accepted the credit for the inspection! Signed the addendumfor their credit today. Oh and appraisal is happening again tomorrow morning they will have fun outside in all that snow....
    So sorry for the typos...was cooking and typing, seems I have a limit to my multitasking abilities.

Have to finish some cleaning tonight and tomorrow, and shovel again...not home yet so can't see what the damage is snow wise.
    75 Gourami/Eel tank

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boundava View Post
    we are at the new house making lamb roast with roasted baby potatoes, mushroom in white wine and tortellini with marinara sause for New Year dinner.
    oh my, that sounds delicious!

Also great news on the progress of the sale moving forward with the old house.
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Got home a bit late and after New Years dinner at the new house with Dad, and the cleanup after I was just too tired to shovel, and it was too cold. Just saw that TX was hit hard with snow too, home you guys/gals were OK.

Wow, stressful morning today getting ready for the appraisal at 10am. I had asked the guy who plowed for me to clean up the outside by 9am. Got finished with the inside and looked outside to see snow on the path/driveway, after I texted him at 9:35 he let me know his truck broke down and he wasn't coming. Was just going to open the door to go shovel when the appraiser rang the bell 20 minutes early! He said not to bother with shoveling, he was fine. After checking the outside he came in and was done by 10! Sis and I were going to leave-but he said it was OK to stay so we did. Its been an oddly relaxing day at home, last week has been very stressful. Have to go through the house and make a new moving list, we have moved a lot of stuff ourselves and sold a bunch of furniture that we won't need.

Mom was moved over to a new facility on the 31st and I did all I could to get the medicaid paperwork that I could find to the facility to get Medicaid started for her long term. I think there is one document that may be packed away that I have still to find-but the facility hasn't gotten back to me if they need it. BTW she has called every day (this is Day 2) to say how much she hates it and how everything is horrible. I told her to give it more time since its brand new to her. The other facility she was previously housed was the same she went to for physical therapy and to recover in after her knee surgery- so she felt more comfortable there; they just don't accept medicaid and her medicare ran out.

Regarding the fish stuff left for the move...
    So we still have the brackish tank, 16 gallon with my rabbit/faunus snails and scarlet badis and eye spot gourami, Sis's 20L with her small shell cichlids (not shellies) and more rabbit snails/faunus snails, and Sis's 40B river tank with the rare serpentine loaches and hillstream loaches in the basement to transfer over to the new house. Oh and my Sister's two 15 gallon pea puffer tanks. We set up a shelf for the tanks, but need to fit some plywood down for extra stability since its just wire NSF shelf similar to what we has the shrimp tanks set up on in the prior house. This shelf system is just a little longer and wider at 48"x 18" vs the 36" x 16". Still holds 350 lbs per shelf which will be fine for the smaller 15-20 gallon tanks that will be sitting on it. Of course we still have the 125 and 120 set up downstairs, though the 125 is mostly empty-just the 5 pavo eels, 2 banded gouramis and a very bad angelfish couple that destroyed the fins on 5 other angels and killed my Sister's new altum angel in the 120.

The close date ( that doesn't change) is 1/22 however we already have a house so I would like to schedule the move on 1/14./ Why (???) well 1) Sis and I are done trying to maintain a mostly empty house-not being settled is very stressful, 2) with Grandma gone Dad is now by himself in said new house, and 3) the moving rates are the cheapest on Thursdays. Added bonus is this house will be empty so I can do a final clean up so when we close and they do the walk through it won't be any additional stress having to do all that within two days (dealing with moving out/in on the 21st, cleaning the 21st and then walk through and closing the 22nd).
    Last edited by Boundava; 01-03-2021 at 02:02 AM.
    75 Gourami/Eel tank

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room

DebinWhitmore

Page 83 of 85 FirstFirst ... 33738182838485 LastLast