· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 73 of 77 FirstFirst ... 23637172737475 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   Thanks for the feedback, have a hot dog, LOL - Slaphppy7   You need a friend for Beauty, since Ghost was a meany - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by RiversGirl View Post
    I'm so sorry to hear about your mom's health struggles. Also sorry to know that your family needs to move again so soon.

I hope y'all find a lovely place to call home very soon.

Thank you, Mom is doing better with the care she is getting. The additional meds the hospital gave her seem to be helping her heart rate and I think she has a couple/few more weeks in the physical rehab center and am hoping she will be able to walk then. We are looking at another house tomorrow. Hoping it looks as well as the photos online. Has two bedrooms on the 1st floor for Mom and Grandma and 2 upstairs for Sis and me, plus a partially finished basement.

Back to the fish, our poor Borneo eel didn't make it. RIP Oblanda, I am so very sorry. In hindsight Sis and I don't think the Sultans had anything to do with the rotting of his tail as we have had a few too many fish waste away from weird skin eating bacteria in this house. Water is municipal well, nice and soft but Sis and I are wondering if something they add to the water is contributing to this. The Grayslake house had Michigan water and we didn't have any skin eating bacteria there. Just issues with the CO2 overdosing. This house we will be looking at will also have Michigan water, which is a bit harder and higher in TDS than where we are at now.
    Last edited by Boundava; 09-13-2020 at 02:09 AM.
    75 Gourami/Eel tank
    Fish room-Astt tanks;all sizes

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Belated Birthday! - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

2 Not allowed!
    Sorry for the loss of the eel....
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

3 Not allowed!
    Sorry you have lost your eel. RIP Oblanda

Fingers crossed that the house y'all look at today is the one for your family.
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   Thanks for the feedback, have a hot dog, LOL - Slaphppy7   You need a friend for Beauty, since Ghost was a meany - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Thanks you two.

Well we saw the house today and it didn't meet all the criteria 100% but many important things like HA bathroom for Mom, two bedrooms on main level, nice location and a decent basement sealed the deal. We made an offer this afternoon and they already accepted it!!

Next step... inspection.
    75 Gourami/Eel tank

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - ApistoJoe   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boundava View Post
    Thanks you two.

Well we saw the house today and it didn't meet all the criteria 100% but many important things like HA bathroom for Mom, two bedrooms on main level, nice location and a decent basement sealed the deal. We made an offer this afternoon and they already accepted it!!

Next step... inspection.
    This is great news for you. Is your current house listed yet?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    No it's not, but will be by the end of the month. When Sis and I moved with Mom, Dad moved with Grandma. He listed his house Monday and it sold within 23 hours of listing. So we will be moving back together temporary to care for each other but as neither current home can accommodate we needed to find one that could- and have.
    While Dad is closing we will finish getting this house on the market as soon as possible.
    Last edited by Slaphppy7; 09-14-2020 at 12:20 PM.
    75 Gourami/Eel tank

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Wow, inspection on Friday.
    75 Gourami/Eel tank

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on 3,000, have an oyster! (?) - Slaphppy7   For giving your daughter a tank, scaping rights included! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   sorry to hear about your knee. since you dont drink herea a slice - bpete   

2 Not allowed!
    Good luck, Nat! I hope you find what you're looking for.

We're working on moving, too. Weird to think of leaving this place where the Badger family has lived its entire existence. It's weird to think of life without a pond, a pasture, half-mile walks without leaving the property, all the trees we planted as twigs that are bigger than the house now. But if we move into town, I could have a woodshop and a music room, the Badgerling could be close to her friends, and we could be debt-free by next summer. It's the right thing to do.

I'm also considering jumping back into the fish hobby with a small (5-6 gallon?) rice paddy biotope (with blue rasboras and a pair of licorice gouramis), and eventually a paludarium in my old 29g. But not until we figure out where the heck we're living!
    Last edited by WhistlingBadger; 09-21-2020 at 03:20 AM.
    Friends don't let friends use clown-puke gravel.
    www.whistlingbadger.com

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Default Podu Girls Fish Room

1 Not allowed!
    Love the ideas for a new tank too.
    75 Gourami/Eel tank

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Wow Taptalk ate my full post!

We like the house alot, its an old cape cod with an addition both on the mail level and to the basement. Its in a town that is very near Lake Michigan and has a touristy marina and it feels like Door County WI to me (minus Al Johson's grass covered roof complete with goats and fish boils)
    Recommend you play this at 1.25 speed or go to 7:20 for the boil-over. Been at one once, wanted to go here this summer but life happened.

Anywho the house is older, and does need some repairs; big and small. Fortunately the bathrooms are new and they turned one into a handicap accessible dream bathroom with walk in large-huge shower and built in seat, as well as supports everywhere and easy access to everything. they also re-did the other, normal full bathroom too. New plumbing throughout the house and new electric. Though they didn't add any additional outlets and at the time the outlets are not to the code however many feet they are supposed to be today (think its 8 or 12', but not 100%). Basement will work but is going to take some planning by Sis and me. We will be seriously trimming down on the tanks and incorporating some other tanks. Planning to get one more 125 or 120 so we can get rid of two 75, 40B and a 30. However that will wait until we are settled in. Also the 150 gallon tub will be put to use in the future as an outdoor pond (also in the future).

Wow on your planning to move, that is HUGE. Big sacrifice with all the land and hunting you guys do, but sounds like it will be the best for everyone. I feel you with the debt. The biggest surprise we got the year after we moved was taxes going up 4K and the mortgage going from affordable to making it a tight paycheck to paycheck existence. With the housing market being so good right now (Dad sold his house within 22 hours of it being listed; and almost had a bidding war) we (sis and I) are trying very hard to get everything sorted (keep/donate), update some minor things that are doable, pack up the stuff we are keeping (upstairs is 95% done, but basement had hundred-ish boxes that we haven't touched since moving in-mainly because they are guest china/crystal and we don't have space to store it like we did at the last home. Fortunately Sis and I are barreling through and have gone through 85% of the boxes and donated a good half of everything (would have done more but the china/crystal is Mom's and she is at the rehab center right now getting strong again). Once we are done sorting and packing the basement I will be going through the fish supplies and the tanks-getting pics of them to sell on Facebook or Craig's list.

I sold 3 pieces of furniture using Facebook marketplace, pretty much the same day they were listed.

But I wont be done then. I have to paint the rooms that had the intercom systems (all of them), paint the front door (is a faux woodgrain vinyl that they stained but never sealed so the stain is peeling/flaking off on the outside), Paint and caulk the back double door, fix some wood trim on the outside by the fireplace (the old owners replaced the wood but didn't nail it correctly and failed to caulk it so its warping horribly), fix the front columns and repaint them (also shoddy work using pressboard to wrap the bottom 12" of the wood column, with the pressure washing of the outside the MDF board shoddy paint failed to keep out water and the slightly swollen look turned into a fiber fan ) Plus do a deep cleaning of the house to make 18 years look respectable, yup this house is only 18 years old and it a clusterfudge of repairs and shoddy patches by the prior sole owners.

Good thing I will have some time on my hands starting next week as my work told me today that I was going to be furloughed for 30 days pending a review of the current state of the workload. I had an odd feeling today that something was up as Thursday I had asked for a Friday off next week but didn't have the immediate response I always do. I will have lots of time next week and it being the first week of October (when the heck did that happen? :headbang: I am hoping to get it al done so the realtor can come in finally.

Sorry to be so wordy and winded, its been a heck of a day and its nice to be able to put everything down on paper-as it is. Now it is time to get back to the basement until the dust chases me away again.
    75 Gourami/Eel tank

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room

DebinWhitmore

Page 73 of 77 FirstFirst ... 23637172737475 ... LastLast