· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 72 of 75 FirstFirst ... 22627071727374 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   Thanks for the feedback, have a hot dog, LOL - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    I got the fish moved from the 15 to the rimless. I also got some gold spot mini poso snails in finally. I only ordered/purchased them on the 11th from eBay, the seller waited until 2 days ago to send me tracking-though it stated 2-3 days for shipping, not a week.

I also moved 2 of my chopstick snails from the 20 gallon. The one with the white tail is a cappuccino snail and I had purchased some more from Aquatic Arts but they came in black like the other chopstick I show in the video.

75 Gourami/Eel tank
    Fish room-Astt tanks;all sizes

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   Thanks for the feedback, have a hot dog, LOL - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    I totally forgot, the 150 gallon tub has been turned into a breeding tub. One (large) female pleco went in last week and 2 days ago I got Ghost out of the 75 and in the tub. Within 24 hours the stud muffin had eggs! Lol, can count on Ghost for babies-such a good Dad. Now need to get the female out of the tub and in the 125 with the other female so that she doesn't eat any babies.
    75 Gourami/Eel tank

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Moved the second albino female into the 125 and later on my sister confirmed my worries. One of the sultan's (male) went up to an albino and tried to pierce her with his fangs. She shook him off but it may not turn out so well next time. Sis's 120 is up the girls will go in there temporarily. Ultimately they will be going into my 120 when its set up, though I think we may give one away-already have an interested party in MI.

Those Sultan's have nasty fangs, good for pulling snails out of shells and injuring other fish and plecos. I had a school of a dozen Australian rainbowfish (which sleep at the bottom of the tank) and they managed to get 8 of them in a matter of 2 nights. Lol, they other 4 are still going strong and the males are just gorgeous.

Pic courtesy of planet catfish https://www.planetcatfish.com/common...&image_id=7470

8.jpg
    Last edited by Boundava; 08-23-2020 at 05:14 PM.
    75 Gourami/Eel tank

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Some changes in the comming months for the fishroom and Family. Mom has not been doing well since the mandatory COVID quarantine in late March. Work sent her home (thankfully) but allso furlowed her. This has lead to a decline in her health which resulted in her going to ER, hospital, rehab center, back to (better) hospital and back to rehab center. This has cemented plans to sell our current house and move somewhere a bit less expensive. So for the past 3 Fridays and this whole next week (took 4 days off to take advantage of labor day) I have been/will be packing, cleaning and doing some minor fixes (within the budget) to get the house a bit more respectable for sale hopefully by the end of the month. Some of the minor issues when we moved in have become a bit worse over the almost 3 years we have lived here, and unfortunately which just have to be resolved by whomever purchases the home.

Biggest headache is going to be figuring out a plan to move the fishroom, but right now that isn't even 20 on my list of things to do. Anywho, got to finish coffee and start packing (again).

Happy Saturday.
    75 Gourami/Eel tank

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Forgot how much I hate packing... up to 17 boxes with most of living room/dining room, and family room packed. Working on packing most of the kitchen stuff up, just have the pots/pans and some small appliances left.

Kermit our newest furry addition wanted to be with me as I packed. He is now 8 months old and over 10 lbs. Monster kitten!
    75 Gourami/Eel tank

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Couldn't add the photos yesterday, but edited them to fit...

Here is my packing buddy, Kermit. He is only 8 months old!
    IMG_20200906_151913_01.jpg

After packing a total of 30 boxes since Friday I feel like this:

IMG_20200907_193350.jpg
    Zelda is half the size of Kermit and is almost 2

Its also my face when looking at my list-the To Do (not really going to happen but somehow has to) List. Yes I said no major renovations, but lots of small things to do including painting the outside of the front door, lots of deep cleaning of the inside and outside and garage, and still some more packing and moving boxes. We have a lot of stuff in the basement that we just never had time or room to open, so they are still packed and ready to go. I go back to work Monday and want to have 90%-100% of my list done.

Know its not really fish journal, but it is affecting me and eventually my fish too.
    Last edited by Boundava; 09-08-2020 at 12:59 AM.
    75 Gourami/Eel tank

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Belated Birthday! - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    Wow, crazy life, hope you guys find some calm soon...
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - ApistoJoe   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Have you already found a place that will accommodate your fish room? I know you have soooo many tanks, that's gonna be a tough one. Really sorry you're having to go through this type of move again so soon. An already finished basement would be a dream

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Sue, we saw a house that would have worked, but it's bank owned and could take months for it to close, we were going to see it tonight when the realtor called to tell us it was bank owned. Currently still looking and many of the homes I am looking at seem to have finished basements, if a little dated or needing minor repairs.

On fishy note; the 125 had a spike in nitrates (as dark as it could get), this along with the sultan plecos going after Oblanda's tail (my large Borneo eel) and my betta Cumberland and the gold gourami Udon had some mouth fungus starting. Sis did a 90% WC last night and dosed with metroplex. Today the nitrates were around 60 . So halt on packing/cleaning to catch Oblanda and put him in the 120, do another large WC, about 40% and suck up as many of the osmacote pellets I could find. We had this issue when Oblanda first went into the tank as we had placed some osmacote under the substrate and he dug it up since he digs in the sand. I recently added 3 Pavo eels (they look like baby Oblandas but are full grown) which have been doing more digging and uprooted more osmacote. I also spent another hour setting up the FX4 I had gotten for the 120 I didn't set up yet. Figured I could get a bit better turnover with it VS the air driven filtration, though I am still using the corner matten filter. I just set the intake behind the filter so the water is forced through the sponge. I also found a new package of nitra-zorb in my box of fish tricks and set that up inside the Fluval, along with the rest of my Matrix and some sponges I had shoved behind the matten filter to seed it initially way back when I set the tank up.

I also re tested the nitrates and they are now at 20ppm. Will test them again tomorrow.
    75 Gourami/Eel tank

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

1 Not allowed!
    I'm so sorry to hear about your mom's health struggles. Also sorry to know that your family needs to move again so soon.

I hope y'all find a lovely place to call home very soon.
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Page 72 of 75 FirstFirst ... 22627071727374 ... LastLast