· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 69 of 71 FirstFirst ... 19596768697071 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

TGIF and here's to over coming difficulties! :-) - Taurus   pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie   Merry Xmas To You! - Sandz   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Good to have you back! - Slaphppy7   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - KevinVA   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - KevinVA   Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - KevinVA   

2 Not allowed!
    Incredible selection and beautiful fish! I love how you dip into the unique varieties, like the loaches and eels. Thank you for sharing the vids of the tank room and the upstairs 75. I love your Gourami tank, especially. I often forget that you can house many together in a community. Inspiring, especially now that I get to select new fish for the newish 125.
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

If you don't do it, who's going to?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   Thanks for the feedback, have a hot dog, LOL - Slaphppy7   

3 Not allowed!
    Thank you! The 125 was originaly going to be a pearl gourami tank with some other Asian barbs and loaches. Then a friend of my sister said "Hey I have a large borneo eel that is being picked on by my other borneo eels, you want him?" How could I say no to that? So no small fishes (he has been eating the danios-fast as they are) So I saw the large Snakeskin gourami in a pet store for $15, and had to have her, so the tank has evolved into a med-large gourami tank. I have never been one to say no to a pleco, so the Sultans are in there too. My Sister is the one who started with the eel love, I find them endearing and engaging, and like other serpentine fish (kuhlis, dojos, weather loaches...lol). I know some can't get over the snake like reference, but I don't mind snakes either.

Here is an older video of the eel (was hoping he was a she at the time), he was sleeping when I got this current video. Sorry for my excitement, as I say in the video-we had just got the eel and I hadn't really had a chance to see him out and about in his full size. He has since grown some (no one picks on him anymore) and is a bit bigger now.

So Sis and I were at Petco yesterday getting cat food when we saw a group of 5 brochis cory (Green Emerald) for $3.99 each. There were only 5, but I got them. I called another Petco who said they had 3, but drove up to it 2 minutes after they closed So today after work I an going to give them a call again and hopefully get them as well and I will try another Petco and see if maybe they also have them. TWS sells them for $8 each plus shipping, just a bit too much $$ for me right now. Though I did place an order with Aquatic Arts for a dozen Kuhli loaches, as I mentioned my Kuhli are (mostly) +10 years, and have been dying and I have been wanting to add to their #s. I am looking to add some black/silver loaches as well, when I can find them in stock at a reasonable price and from a decent vendor.

Last edited by Boundava; 07-02-2020 at 11:21 AM.
    75 Gourami/Eel tank
    Fish room-Astt tanks;all sizes

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Belated Birthday! - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

1 Not allowed!
    Congrats on the new corys!
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

TGIF and here's to over coming difficulties! :-) - Taurus   pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie   Merry Xmas To You! - Sandz   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Good to have you back! - Slaphppy7   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - KevinVA   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - KevinVA   Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - KevinVA   

1 Not allowed!
    Holy smokes... that eel is big and awesome. That's a fun fish to watch/feed. Does he hide often, or is he out and about?

Congrats, also, on the corys!
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

If you don't do it, who's going to?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

1 Not allowed!
    Congrats on your new fish!
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Gods Country, Eastern High Sierras, California

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

It's a hot toddy. - Taurus   Here's to the "blue ribbon" tetra! - Slaphppy7   Hope you had a happy birthday! We are both March babies :) - discusluv   Good to hear from you again! - Slaphppy7   Happy Independence Day! - Slaphppy7   
    Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Thanks for the update on your fish room and congrats on the new fish ;-)
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.” ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   Thanks for the feedback, have a hot dog, LOL - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    Thank you all! Once I found the 5 at the first petco (along with 3 green aneus) I went to the other petcos in the area (I have 4 more in a 30 mile radius of the house). I found 6 at the 2nd, four at a 3rd and 8 at the 4th, along with 2 more green aeneus. Unfortunately since bringing them home I has 1 die the night of, 4 more die the next morning and 1 later the day. I returned the 5 to the first store for a refund (along with a water test which surprised the manager cause it was 0-0-10).

I still have a nice # of them and would like to bump the aeneus up by at least 6-7 so they have a good group, though they think they are emerald green corys right now, lol.

As for Oblanda the eel, they way the tank is set up he has his home among the DW, and that is where he stays during the day-lounging around, usually asleep. That is until he hears the dinner bell (really smells it). It is fun to see his lump go from 0 to 60 once he realizes the gouramis are being fed. He suddenly emerges from the back and his pectoral fins are flapping around making him look Dumbo-ish.

I did get my kuhli loaches in as well, did a redo of the tank, added some filtration and switched out some sand/decor. Aquatic Arts was fantastic and sent me 14 of them (ordered 12), They are nice and small which gives them a better survival rate-from what I read.

I also ordered 10 neon kuhli loaches ( p. dorie) and 5 more black kuhli loaches ( p. oblongus) from Aqua Imports, however with the weather being in the 90s they will hold off shipping until it s a bit cooler.

I wanted to add to the p. angularis I already have, but they aren't in stock. The "neon" p. dorie are almost identical except for the barbels in front, otherwise coloration/size is so similar I hope they will school well together. Even the addition of the 12 Kuhli have made the other loaches in the tank a whole lot more active.
    https://www.seriouslyfish.com/species/pangio-doriae
    https://www.seriouslyfish.com/specie...o-anguillaris/
    https://www.seriouslyfish.com/specie...ntella-maassi/

On the "to do" list for today is to get the Dojo loach tank redone. There is a ton of diatoms on the glass and I would also like to remove the majority of the decor and Vals as they just aren't doing well. I have some new DW pieces I would like to put in there as well as reusing some rocks. This would be another tank I am contemplating adding fake plants as the loaches are forever snuffling in the sand and real plants don't like the roots . Also the sponge needs to be cleaned, too.
    75 Gourami/Eel tank

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Belated Birthday! - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

1 Not allowed!
    Sorry the corys didn't work out, but then again, it WAS Petco, so...
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Yeah, the chain stores are a bit iffy on quality, but I sill have 17 of the emeralds left even with the 6 deaths. Based on a suggestion of a friend in the fish industry, we are dosing metroplex and have had no more deaths.
    75 Gourami/Eel tank

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    So a little update:

The corys in the lowboy are doing fantastic, no more losses from the emeralds or the aeneus. It is such a hopping tank now-such busy guys!

My eggs, the laetacara araguiae have doubled in size already and are almost ready to be moved to the empty 50/lowboy.

The kuhli loaches I got from Aquatic Arts to bump up my loaches in the loach-50 Lowboy are doing fantastic. I had placed the order for 5 more black kuhlis and 10 neaon kuhlis 3 weeks ago, but they didn't want to ship due to the weather. Well I finally got those yesterday! They went in without any issues and I have seen the black kuhlis and they look well. The neons are much thinner so easier to hide .

I got an exceptional deal on a 16 gallon Aqueon rimless tank from PetCo. They are currently 50% off plus mine had a special 10% Oops tag on it, so from $79.99 I paid $32 for it! I saw/was given a "chopstick" snail from a local fish store an thought I would do a nano tank with some mini snails and emerald dwarf rasbora. I got some small seiryu stone pieces from same local fish store and some black eco-complete for the substrate. I am going to put this tank upstairs, so am going to build a stand/shelf cabinet for it, and try to make it look nice. Still working on the plan as I am not a carpenter. It will be 16.5"Lx16.5"Wx37"H .Can figure out the frame, but covering it is a tiny bit out of my league. Also don't have the saw needed to cut the wood, so I will got over to Dad's to borrow his tools/time to get the frame possibly the wrap on it. Hoping to get it done some time in the near future but with work and taking care of Mom and the house and keeping sanity I have to try to squeeze in some time that is longer than an hour or two.

Will try to get a video in when I get back from some errands. I hate to go out, but I hate the extra fees with the shopping delivery services-or trusting someone else to pick out produce. It hasn't turned out well the past few times; bad produce and even some spoiled meat.

Also while I was at the store I saw Australian rainbows for $1.99 so I got the 14 they had. They will be going into the 125, but are in QT right now.
    75 Gourami/Eel tank

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room

DebinWhitmore

Page 69 of 71 FirstFirst ... 19596768697071 LastLast