· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 64 of 69 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Belated Birthday! - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

1 Not allowed!
    Tank came out great....and yeah, that plywood is trash
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   Thanks for the feedback, have a hot dog, LOL - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Thanks Matt, glad I wasn't being fussy about the POS wood. It was .5", the pieces I got from Menards are 3/4" and for less. Was nice cause every employee stopped to ask if I needed help (through their masks). At HD 5 employees walked by me bringing carts in as I waited before one stopped to ask me what I wanted since the store was closed.

Its a gloomy day here by me, so I am making plans as to what to do. Late start since sometime last night I developed a migraine and didn't want to take the Excedrin since it has caffeine. Lol-no sleep due to feeling like someone was pounding me with 2x4, or no sleep due to caffeine. I should have just taken the pills Since my head doesn't feel like its in a vise anymore I can work on something

Have to physically take down the 30 gallon river tank and 75 that are still sitting on the rack and move them to the other side of the basement. Zelda our 2 year old kitten likes to walk in the empty-but still damp tanks especially when she feels like she needs our attention.

Also planning on bringing the 30 gallon cube from the garage, was going to set up a small salty tank but decided to move the brackish gobies into it instead since they don't really use all the space in the rectangular 30 they are in now. Not sure if I will actually be able to transfer tanks this weekend, but can give it a try. Still want to cut and glue the pipe caves for the honeys and I have some household chores (boo) and minestrone soup to make.

Oh and some WC on the bigger tanks/tubs, not a big deal as I let gravity empty the tanks into the sump for the 125 and 150 tub.

Have a great day/weekend everyone.
    75 Gourami/Eel tank
    Fish room-Astt tanks;all sizes

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

1 Not allowed!
    You are busy as ever!

Lovely new tank - your 50 lowboy. I really like your rocks and the way you've arranged them.
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   Thanks for the feedback, have a hot dog, LOL - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Thank you, I love those round lava rocks I found. Wish they were a little cheaper, then I would have gotten a bunch more. I have a L141 that I temporarily placed in a 40B, think I will move him/her this weekend-or Friday since I took it off.
    75 Gourami/Eel tank

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

1 Not allowed!
    How long have you had your L141? Is he/she shy or out and about for ya? Is it going into your 50 lowboy? What else do you have planned for this tank?

I think those rocks you've found are in just the right amount. If you had more, perhaps these would not be as special. That's my thought anyhow.
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by RiversGirl View Post
    How long have you had your L141? Is he/she shy or out and about for ya? Is it going into your 50 lowboy? What else do you have planned for this tank?

I think those rocks you've found are in just the right amount. If you had more, perhaps these would not be as special. That's my thought anyhow.
    Sorry, been busy. My prior L141 was a bit shy, but this new one is younger and more out and about. They are beauties, which was why I was so upset when the prior one died. I had picked that one up in December or January--so I didn't have her too long. Yeah, it's going in the lowboy.
    I was going to get another group of 20 habrosus Cory and that's it. If I can get more of the honey cats in the future I will add to the population.
    Re: the rocks, thank you. I agree it's a perfect amount, just, love the lava-wish there were more to swap out the other rocks with.
    Last edited by Boundava; 05-08-2020 at 05:41 AM.
    75 Gourami/Eel tank

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you!  Miss you at the forum. - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   
    Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Silbar   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Silbar   Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - Silbar   

2 Not allowed!
    Hi Nat! I'm sorry to hear about all your losses last month
    Sil's 2nd Time Around 75G...Journal
    Sil's 75G...Journal
    Sil's 20L...Journal
    Sil's 10G...Journal

RIP Deb, we miss you.

Real courage is moving forward when the outcome is uncertain~~Fortune Cookie

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Silbar View Post
    Hi Nat! I'm sorry to hear about all your losses last month
    Thanks Sil, I am glad to say it seems we are done with losses. Last loss was in my Sis's 30 gallon which had 4 hypancistus, one paradise fish and 3 eels. The three hypancistrus that she is watching for a friend, the one different one was a L262 and she called her Mellon Seed. One of the three developed ich and it spread to Mellon Seed and unfortunately she died and the one of the other three died as well. The other two went back home to her friend. Kathy was pretty devastated, Mellon Seed was thumb sized and a little active thing. Hope that's the last loss for a while, she was a bit overwhelmed with all the death this late winter/early spring. She lost a lot of her favorite fish and if she didn't love keeping fish so much (and her eels) I think she was ready to call it quits. Having been in the hobby so long, I get sad when my fish die-but not to that extent anymore. Guess you kinda get hardened to it over the years, sad to say.

Nothing too new to report in the fishroom. I have an empty 120 in the garage still, think its going to stay there as 1. $ is a bit tight now with this stay at home thing to stock it as I want to, 2. with COVID fish stocking has been limited, 3. Mom has been needing a lot more care so less time for myself or sis to be able to get away without her needing help, and 4. seems like we may be moving hopefully within the next 2 years (yay I HATE this house) so taking it downstairs/stocking just to break it down.
    75 Gourami/Eel tank

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - ApistoJoe   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    I thought you liked that house... After all that work you've done, why are you moving again?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by SueD View Post
    I thought you liked that house... After all that work you've done, why are you moving again?
    No I never liked the house, I love the basement...but that is a very long story. Mom got the house as we were down to the last day to get a house to close before our house closed. Also taxes have gone up so much that the affordable mortgage has gotten to be $600 a month too much, especially since she has been furloughed from her job due to COVID.

When we moved Dad went and got a separate house with his Mom and has been living there the past 2-ish years. Seeing how bad Mom has gotten these past few months (my Mom) he now wants to move back together as soon as he can. He was going to wait till his Mom passed but it seems that isn't happening as soon as Dad thought it would be. So since his house and this house are too small (this one is officially a 2 bedroom) , both will move and we will get a house that can accommodate all of us and hopefully be better property tax wise.

Oh and I jinxed myself talking about no fish dying. Doing WC on the goldfish and dojos, I found my poor Teddy dead in the goldfish tub. Seems he died within the past day, not sure of what-the other goldfish look fine and were very active. Guess its a 4 fish tub.
    75 Gourami/Eel tank

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room

DebinWhitmore

Page 64 of 69 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 ... LastLast