· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 56 of 69 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Belated Birthday! - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

1 Not allowed!
    I'm sure the weather is lovely there, as well
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   Thanks for the feedback, have a hot dog, LOL - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Snow by us crusted with ice. In the lower/mid 30s high and upper 20s low, not too bad. It will almost be 40 on Friday-hope some snow melts but it will be cloudy all week so I doubt it. 40% chance of more of the white stuff Saturday but its supposedly going to be 37-so maybe it will be rain instead

I have had my quota of the white stuff. Lets move on now...nothing to see here.

BTW this was last week-Friday, beautiful but it was what dumped the most snow. Click the link for a brief video-8 seconds. I felt like I was in a snowglobe. The flakes were the size of quarters++
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/F29H8o3ozuAhGU4SA
    IMG_20200124_194638896.jpg
    Last edited by Boundava; 01-28-2020 at 06:26 PM.
    75 Gourami/Eel tank
    Fish room-Astt tanks;all sizes

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Belated Birthday! - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

1 Not allowed!
    Wow...what a mess
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Welcome Back! - Boundava   Here is a coral to tide you over until you decide what to get for your 40 - bpete   Sorry for the ich, you'll defeat it. - mch1984   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   

0 Not allowed!
    I hope you are feeling much better today, Nat! We got snow last night and this morning here in southwest Missouri, but barely enough to cover the ground.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   Thanks for the feedback, have a hot dog, LOL - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    Hey there stranger!

I am feeling much better-thank you for asking. Lots of rest and vitamins and soup ( I was craving shrimp Ramen soup of all things!) and I feel 100% today.

Snow is still on the ground, and we haven't seen the sun for a week now
    https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2020/01...f-cloud-cover/
    It is supposed to be sunny this weekend with possible 50s Sunday
    75 Gourami/Eel tank

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Welcome Back! - Boundava   Here is a coral to tide you over until you decide what to get for your 40 - bpete   Sorry for the ich, you'll defeat it. - mch1984   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   

2 Not allowed!
    We had nice weather over the weekend and yesterday. Today is a crapfest with rain, falling temps and predictions of snowmageddon.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Oh no, that is scary. Hope they are wrong with the snowmageddon! We are also supposed to get more of that white stuff around Thursday-hoping they are wrong for that too.

90% of the snow melted Sunday when we got our first day of sun in almost 10 days! We were busy cooking an cleaning so just got a brief outdoor adventure when I took our male cat Bowie outside on his harness to play in the melting snow. Of course Wednesday our tortie had to slip out, but she can go without a harness as she is good and stays at our side.

Spent this weekend moving two carpet remnants downstairs. Have been wanting to do something to address the cold that just radiates from the floor-but options are limited as to the current setup and $$$. Menard's (hardware-all in one store) has had some nice remnants but we always walk by and say "next week" just to have it sold the next week. So since I was there to get some lumber for a new lid for my turtle's enclosure I checked out what they had and they had a 12'x4' 11" piece and a 12'x8' 4" piece of nice plush matching tan carpet, its so thick and soft and was 10% off. I paid for both and took the smaller one home. Got my Dad's van (Kia Sedona will fit a 8" long carpet where a CRV will not) and went back to get the bigger one. Spent rest of Saturday cleaning up the basement; straightening, organizing and vacuuming the "finished" side. Then I put the remnant's down and vacuumed all over again as they were shedding just a little bit. Basement looks a bunch better and is noticeably warmer. I hope we can keep it that way.

Here's a link for a short video, please let me know if you can't view it and I will upload to youtube. For Matt-since you can't hear it, the big tan carpet is the new one, and the "runner" that matched is by the area where the racks/goldfish tub is. They are so plush I think they look like area rugs-you can't tell they are unfinished/not bound on the sides. The Berber piece/wide runner behind the 125/120 tanks and in front of my turtle-Hippie's enclosure is one I picked up a couple weeks ago and is 12' by 4' for $27! The white one (5'x 8') by the computer desk's has been there since we set up the basement and is an actual area rug Menard's sold for $40-they don't seem to have then anymore.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Ah6p6f6WeLgNuJqW7

Still have to set up the 30 river tank, have to empty and move the 10 gallon shrimp tank to the other rack to make room-or at least rotate the tank so its facing the other direction.
    75 Gourami/Eel tank

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    I like the new carpet. It does look comfy for the toes and it's good to see your fish room coming together.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Thank you!
    75 Gourami/Eel tank

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

3 Not allowed!
    Well I got the 30 gallon set up (finally!) I saw a video of stiphodons natural habitat and it was a lot of lava rocks and smooth river rocks, so it got me thinking about lava rocks. I have some pancake river rocks and other smooth rocks I was going to use in the tank and didn't want the usual jagged lava rocks. Bit of looking and saw that you can purchase tumbled lava rocks for fire pits and fireplaces, so I got 8 of the tumbled rocks (3"-5") and put 6 of them in the tank along with the other river rocks I had. I set up the 2217 on the tank (yup on a 30 gallon) and had to cut down the spray bar by about 2". Also had to find a different intake, fortunately my sister's friend, the manager at Fish Planet gave her this stainless steel surface skimmer/intake valve from aquavitro. I stuffed the 2217 half way with as many of the sponges I had in my 15 gallon cycling media tank, and filled the other half with some misc ceramic media I found from Fluval, Aqua Clear and some chinese filter I purchase but filled with some already cycled ceramic media I had lying around. It seems to be working well and I was planning on adding another internal filter but the 2217 provides 294 gph which is just about 10X turnover so I may be OK.

I have a nice assortment of anubias (butterfly, nana, nana petite and golden coin) coming in Tuesday or Wednesday next week. Also have a couple scrap pieces from the 75 sis set up as well as a huge piece I got from Fish Planet Friday when I went and picked up 2 huge albino BN plecos for Ghost, lol. They are his size and Sis and I are going into the business of BIG BN plecos. Plan right now is to make sure the 30 is cycled, move the Danios that are in the tub with the 2 albino BN girls and add ghost to the tub to do his magic, lol

Here's some shots of the tank
    IMG_20200208_215925203.jpg
    The new intake front view
    IMG_20200208_220008049.jpg
    Back view
    IMG_20200208_220626755.jpg
    The two laval tumbled rocks I didn't use (3"-5")
    IMG_20200208_215827646.jpg
    Well I have some time, will see what the readings are tomorrow
    IMG_20200208_212452673.jpg

125 gallon shots (bonus!- lol)
    IMG_20200208_220401371.jpg
    IMG_20200208_220414158.jpg
    There are 2 chubby plecos in this shot, can you spot #2?
    IMG_20200208_220420438.jpg
    IMG_20200208_220432385.jpg
    Plants are going crazy!
    IMG_20200208_220517312.jpg
    IMG_20200208_220548910.jpg

The new BN ladies, well one of them; all ready for Ghost, lol.
    IMG_20200208_220255330.jpg
    Just so you get idea of the size of the tube
    IMG_20200208_220307390.jpg
    Last edited by Boundava; 02-09-2020 at 04:30 AM.
    75 Gourami/Eel tank

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room

DebinWhitmore

Page 56 of 69 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast