· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 55 of 57 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Belated Birthday! - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

1 Not allowed!
    Yeah, I've seen how bad the weather has been up that way, no way I could deal with all of that....when does Spring start, lol
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   

2 Not allowed!
    Woke up to 1/2 of snow and a lot of people who had no clue how to drive. Last week the weather was 200% worse and people drove like madmen. Today there was no snow on the major roads and everyone was driving like they had never seen snow in their lives.

It will be-is snowing all day today/night. Not as much accumulation as last week-but still not going to be fun. Was planning on driving out to Orland Park to go to Animal Island to see what kind of plants they have since I want to get some anarchis, wisteria, hornwort and/or foxtail going in the fish tub. Would buy them online but they will probably freeze in transit, though I am not looking forward to the drive since it is quite the distance from home. the only alternative would be in Skokie at Old Orchard Aquarium or Hoffman Estates at (A**Adventures-the ones that gave my plants away to the person in front of me (last ones in the store) and the manager said he didn't care and what did I want him to do about it?)

Sis is looking to get a carnivorous fish, she wants to have something to eat the baby guppies :(

Even though Sis got the 40 set up so nice, I still want to set up a 30 river style tank for the two phantom plecos I have, especially since I have a QT full of leopard danios that I bought for the 30 river tank, lol. So this snowy weekend will be good to make some room for the tank and set it up as much as I can. We are out of the large river rocks so I would have to see if the local landscape store is open to grab some more, but I can put the sand, plants, filter and heater in the tank.

Geeze I need to actually work today

5.5g- Shrimp tanks
    75 Gourami/Eel tank
    5g Salty Tank
    Fish room-*pending*

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room
    Salty Tank

DebinWhitmore

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Sweet setups! This is my dream fish room build!

Source: https://turtletanksetup.com/safe-snacks-treats/

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   

0 Not allowed!
    Wow, that room makes me feel a bit claustrophobic, lol. WC must be fun.
    5.5g- Shrimp tanks
    75 Gourami/Eel tank
    5g Salty Tank
    Fish room-*pending*

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room
    Salty Tank

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Belated Birthday! - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah, that's a mess....and the "jars" of bettas make me ill

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Maybe the clutter is somehow soothing to me hahaha

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    So Sunday we drove down to Midlothian/Orland Park to the Animal Island pet store. Initially looking for plants for the goldfish tub-they didn't have anything other than some bad looking rooted swords. Instead I got some algae wafers and floating and sinking pellets. The floating are larger for my big mouth fish the goldies and Vanillica-the snakeskin gourami. The other fish loved the small ones and I ran out a month-ish ago so i got some more. Also saw they had some of the Sun-Sun internal filters I wanted to get off Ebay. My sister's friend-the manager at Fish Planet recommended them. They were reasonably priced pus the 20% off sale, and I didn't have to pay shipping or wait for delivery from China. sis picked up 3 eels for her 30 gallon, the one with the paradise fish. They didn't have the other fish she was looking for.

Since I didn't get the plants I wanted we decided to stop at the Old Orchard Aquarium, plus they were on the way home. They did have some plants-not the best looking and a smidge on the $$$ side. So I got 3 of the Indian fern/watersprite for $15. They had some narrow leaf anarchis and hornwort but neither was doing as well as I wanted and they were also 3 for $15.

Was going to place an order with Planted Aquarium Central, but went to Old Orchard Aquarium for my lunch break and got a bag of Red Flint coarse sand/fine gravel for the 30 river tank. Already blew my fish budget for the week.
    5.5g- Shrimp tanks
    75 Gourami/Eel tank
    5g Salty Tank
    Fish room-*pending*

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room
    Salty Tank

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Was going to move the 15 gallon shrimp tank last night to make room for the 30. Got home and got sick. Tried to go to bed early but the walls in the house are thin and i wan't able to fall asleep till after 10. Then I woke up at 1 am so congested, till I took meds its was another hour to go back to sleep-then up at 5 am. I feel so refreshed! The drive in was scary-Mom can't drive though, so no alternative. So I am floating in a fog today-trying hard to get work done... but focusing is hard.

Have had a coffee and an working on some black tea but with limited success. Hope I can move the shrimp tank tonight, have to drain 90% of it and move the tank. Its got the baked "volcanic" clay substrate (little clay/dirt balls pin head sized-forget the manufacturer) so not heavy substrate, plus its a 10 gallon so not heavy even with a little water left.

Anyway back to work.
    5.5g- Shrimp tanks
    75 Gourami/Eel tank
    5g Salty Tank
    Fish room-*pending*

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room
    Salty Tank

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Sorry to hear of the illness

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks Matt, hate the head congestions. Haven't had one this winter until now.
    5.5g- Shrimp tanks
    75 Gourami/Eel tank
    5g Salty Tank
    Fish room-*pending*

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room
    Salty Tank

DebinWhitmore

Page 55 of 57 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 LastLast