· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 51 of 54 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Belated Birthday! - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah... a wise man once said "Life is what happens to you, while you're busy making other plans"
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   

3 Not allowed!
    Well it seems like we may be done with the issues, hope I don't jinx myself.

Still have to set up the goldfish tub downstairs. I would but I need Sis's help caring the tub downstairs, its not heavy just bulky and I don't want to damage the walls (or myself) taking it down the stairs.

Have WC on all of the tanks tonight, didn't get a chance to do it yesterday as we did a belated Thanksgiving meal for Mom, she loves Turkey; sis and I are not fans.

Today's Mom's first day of work since her stroke, hope she's not too overwhelmed.

Oh boy I have to work all week this week, I am already looking forward to the weekend...
    5.5g- Shrimp tanks
    75 Gourami/Eel tank
    5g Salty Tank
    Fish room-*pending*

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room
    Salty Tank

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   

4 Not allowed!
    YAY its Friday! I cannot wait to get the heck out of here!

Sis got some caves for the 75 gallon upstairs, mainly for the eels but in hopes that maybe the candy gang would like them. Seems like they may have tweaked their interest.
    1.jpg
    Mr(s) Goodbar
    2.jpg
    Twix
    3.jpg

Of course Ghost was so mad he could not squeeze anything other than his schnoz in the caves so sis got him a giant Frontosa cave from Pleco caves too. Does he use it...hmm? Absolutely NOT!

4.jpg

BTW the candy gang are my three clown plecos/panaque Mars Bar, Twix and Mr. Goodbar. Two of the three are females. Those are the two checking the caves out.
    Last edited by Boundava; 12-13-2019 at 09:29 PM.
    5.5g- Shrimp tanks
    75 Gourami/Eel tank
    5g Salty Tank
    Fish room-*pending*

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room
    Salty Tank

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

4 Not allowed!
    Got some fish this weekend from Fish Planet and Pet Supplies+. Snagged some more (4) broken line tetras for the lowboy and one more moonlight gourami for the 125. I will be getting another snakeskin gourami female once the weather is a bit better from my Sister's friend in OH. That will be the last fish for the 125 and lowboy.

Pet Supplies + has had a tank of golden barbs for about 3 months. I made the mistake of ordering them from live aquaria and not only did they all die but stupid me didn't QT them and they killed 2 of my adult dojos (the wild colored male and an older albino female).

Since the barbs were at the store so long and only $1.99/ea I got what they had left. I thought it was 14 but actually 17 so rather than leave 3 I got all of them. They are currently in QT...
    5.5g- Shrimp tanks
    75 Gourami/Eel tank
    5g Salty Tank
    Fish room-*pending*

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room
    Salty Tank

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

3 Not allowed!
    I forgot to mention that I got the goldfish a Christmas gift on black Friday. Petsmart(ie pants) had 50% Fluval FX filters so I got the last FX4 from them for just under $150! I was going to do my second Eheim 2217 and a bunch of sponges and maybe a big HOB marine-land knockoff it it would work on the tub's trim for the 150 gallon tub. However the FX4 is rated for 150 gallons so that plus a giant Hikari bacto surge sponge and 2 other medium sponges should be good for the goldfish.

I need to get the filter set up, maybe tonight but definitely this weekend so I can see if the media I have is still cycled; i.e the tub is cycled when I fill/dose it with ammonia. If yes, then I should be getting Roxi and Butterscotch in ASAP. Plan is to add another 3 adult goldfish to the tub within 2-3 weeks. I had purchased a number of babies/juvi and they all died on me. Fish Planet has some monster goldies from Israel that are a bit pricey but will be worth it. They range from just larger than a tennis ball to one that is slightly smaller than a softball (would love to get that one).

Another busy weekend coming up but if I get a chance I will try to get some pics of the tanks. The fish I got this weekend are on a week of QT and look fine. Fish Planet treats their fish too so I am going to be moving them to their relative homes this weekend too.

Along with a list of stuff we will be baking some holiday gifts (whiskey cakes, some more cookies and a Kransekake-well 2; one for work and one for home).
    5.5g- Shrimp tanks
    75 Gourami/Eel tank
    5g Salty Tank
    Fish room-*pending*

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room
    Salty Tank

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on 3,000, have an oyster! (?) - Slaphppy7   For giving your daughter a tank, scaping rights included! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   sorry to hear about your knee. since you dont drink herea a slice - bpete   

1 Not allowed!
    Hey, Natalia. Tanks look great. Eels are so cool. Sorry you're having such an eventful couple months. How's your mom doing?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    @whistleingbadger
    Mom is doing well, well at least stroke wise. The meds they have her on means she can't take the meds for her torn ligament so she is again in considerable pain in the knee she had surgery on. It's getting bad where she is near tears and her orthopedic surgeon has nothing he can currently prescribe. Hoping when she sees the follow up doctors for the stroke they remove some of the 5 meds they put her on and that means she can go back to a stronger pain med.

We are all so thankful that she made such a great recovery from the stroke though.
    5.5g- Shrimp tanks
    75 Gourami/Eel tank
    5g Salty Tank
    Fish room-*pending*

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room
    Salty Tank

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on 3,000, have an oyster! (?) - Slaphppy7   For giving your daughter a tank, scaping rights included! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   sorry to hear about your knee. since you dont drink herea a slice - bpete   

0 Not allowed!
    That's pretty amazing that she recovered so well. I hope the docs can get her pain under control. She's lucky to have such a great daughter. :)

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Docs think she may have had a mini stroke before as the clot they found looked established and there was a lot of new vessels that grew to compensate for the blockage. That's how she was able to recover so fast and so well. She had regained control of her right side between the time she was in the ambulance and ER CT. Her speech was slurred and bit rough for 36 hours, but for the most part she is back to how she was before. They didn't do anything about the clot though, just put her on blood thinner, blood pressure and cholesterol meds. I am so thankful to have her with me this Christmas.
    Last edited by Boundava; 12-25-2019 at 05:26 PM.
    5.5g- Shrimp tanks
    75 Gourami/Eel tank
    5g Salty Tank
    Fish room-*pending*

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room
    Salty Tank

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Well, it often seems that the best thing is to just support the body while it heals itself...maybe this is one of those cases? Hope she continues to do better. And I hope you had a wonderful Christmas.

Page 51 of 54 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast