· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 42 of 48 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

1 Not allowed!
    I have both of those, may be worth considering...thanks
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    Sorry you fell ill :( Glad you are slowly getting over it. Had to pipe in here, @Slaphppy7 definitely worth considering! So important to QT and not that difficult to set up in a pinch when you know what you're doing. I keep sponges for filters in my canister filter to use when I need it.
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   

2 Not allowed!
    So this weekend was aggravatingly unproductive fish wise.

Usually go grocery shopping on Friday nights, but Sis wanted to go home halfway through shopping which meant we had to finish on Saturday. Saturday we were going to head up to WI to get pumpkins and be there at 9am. Sleepyheads dragging their feet meant we left at 8:50-its an hour drive north

Fortunately it was so cold they weren't busy and we weren't fussy on which pumpkin as we didn't want to freeze.
    After pumpkins we stopped at home to unload (got $48 worth of pumpkin/pumpkin-like squash for $0.39 /lb so had a lot of squash in the car

The we headed over to Dad's to see how he was holding out and how Grandma is doing. Not well on both sides as Grandma doesn't sleep at night just coughs up spittle and is almost 100% out of it mentally during the day. She didn't recognize either of us and I think she should be somewhere with 24-7 care. However the nurses that come in every other day to check her vitals say "everything is normal" so no reason to move her. Seems if this goes on and she doesn't sleep for much longer she will just die as she looks very, very bad. As a result Dad doesn't sleep either and that is not safe for him as he is 71 years old and looks pretty worn out withe all that's been going on.. He is retired but still works (or wants to) part time as a consultant and R&D designer/manufacturer but is caring for his Mom now 24-7. He tries to nap during the day but is going on a month of no more than a couple hours of sleep and at his age he shouldn't have to deal with this.

After that we had to go finish shopping so guess when we got home for real...almost 6! I was so mad and disgusted.

Sunday I got up early and made meatloaf for the week, then went to Menard's to get some cinderblocks and plywood and twin-wall polycarbonate sheeting for the goldfish tub. Guess the tariffs are messing with the lumber as I needed a 2'x4' sheet of 1" but there was nothing in 2'x4' in stock. Had to get a 4'x4' sheet that just fit in the car but had to be slid in the back (CRV). Forgot that I had used Dad's mini-van when getting the last polycarbonate sheet so I had to bend it length and width wise to get it to fit since it is 4'x8'. Then squeezed 9 8"x8"x16" cinderblocks anywhere else they would fit in the car. It took too long to get the items, what I thought would be an 45 minutes with the drive to/from turned into almost an hour and half! the cinderblocks were outside and though it wasn't as cold as Saturday, it was still cold enough that when I got home and unloaded I was tired and thawing out for another half hour.

All I wound up doing after that was breaking down the little tub that Hippie had called home for the past 2 years and cleaning off the top of the credenza that had suffered from some damage from the heating pad and maybe moisture though she was on a waterproof mat that Dr. Foster and Smith sold when they were open. Some elbow grease and a wood re finisher/protector took off most of the damage, well 60%. Seems the backing on the mat fused with the wood and left waxy raised spots over 65-70% of the surface. Looks good so long as you don't run your hands over it.

Later on Sunday Sis decided to decorate and plant the 50 low boy and moved the loaches (kuhli pangia, oblonga and the forktail Vaillantella maassi) and broken-line tetras and 4 pearl danios into it. She also emptied the 40 breeder they were in of water, with the plan to break it down soon which just entails emptying sand.

We still have a lot to do to get the living room emptied as I still have these in the tubs:

Tub1
    Ghost and his 1 son, we had 2 but the other is going on a trip to Ohio tomorrow via USPS priority
    The 3 clown plecos; Mars Bar, Kit-Kat, and Mr. Goodbar (lol)
    One banded gourami

All of these will be going into the 75 upstairs-BUT I have to move the dojos downstairs and set up the 150 gallon stock tub for the goldfish. I need the 2 pieces of plywood that the tubs are sitting on in order to set up the 150 gallon stock tub. Why not buy extra wood? Simply because I don't want to store extra wood since I have two 2'x4'x1" pieces under the stock tub and I need 3 pieces in total for the 150 gallon.

Tub2
    Aneus cory 8-12
    asst pygmy corys #unk
    possibly 1-2 panda corys
    2 chubby plecos Krofne and Knedle ( donut and dumpling)

The chubbies are going into the 125, easy fix.
    The plan is to move the aneus into the lowboy and the pgmy into the 40B with the honey cats and the blue tetras.

Then we have the planted tub which is 90% empty other than my buce, some aponos and swords and a smattering of misc (little crypts, vals, sag, suswassertang).

Also my two 5.5 gallon shrimp tanks. Plan is to breakdown the red tank and move it along with my expensive crypts from both 5.5 gallon tanks into a 20 long. Then I will redo one 5.5 gallon or maybe bump it to a 10 for the blue shrimp. All of my buce from the plant tub and shrimp tanks are going into a plastic tub to slowly become emmersed. The buce form the blue shrimp tank has had an on/off fight with hair algae for a couple years now so that will fix the algae without killing the buce as Excel and peroxide tend to do.

Throw in the fact that we would like to decorate fro Halloween/thanksgiving before the end of the month, I have to clean the garage for winter since my multiple DIY projects have left it a mess, and I am still waiting on weather to allow me to cut the grass without it being a bogey mess. Getting sick really screwed me up the week before too. I need a week off work to get this done, weekends are a joke.
    5.5g- Shrimp tanks
    75 Gourami/Eel tank
    5g Salty Tank
    Fish room-*pending*

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room
    Salty Tank

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

0 Not allowed!
    Nice plans! You will get what you need to done, I am sure of it.
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   

1 Not allowed!
    Lol was looking forward to a productive weekend but Dad wants me to help get Grandma to the Doctor so he can possibly provide some alternative care. Appointment is at 2, but I will be by Dad's for a few hours. Hope Grandma will be able to make it there and back ok. Last time I saw her she was ashen in color, frail and entirely out of it.
    5.5g- Shrimp tanks
    75 Gourami/Eel tank
    5g Salty Tank
    Fish room-*pending*

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room
    Salty Tank

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Well last night as we were starting our grocery shopping at Costco I get back in the car and try to start it and the battery is dead! Till we were able to get a jump and get home it was 9pm. So along with the cooking, cleaning, laundry, doctor, and fish set-up/break-down... I have to finish the majority of my grocery shopping. The car just turned 2-delar sent me a card for the anniversary. Was reading that the CRVs tend to have leaky batteries, also putting a new battery in showed some corrosion at the connections. The battery should still be under warranty so I will call the dealership some time today. Coffee is done, time to do something before I have to go to Dad's and the doctor.
    5.5g- Shrimp tanks
    75 Gourami/Eel tank
    5g Salty Tank
    Fish room-*pending*

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room
    Salty Tank

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Well regardless of the craziness that was this weekend, Sis at least was able to be productive fish wise.

I did go to the doctor with Dad and Grandma Saturday. Left the house about 12:15 and got home at 6:45pm. After the doctor we took Grandma for chest X-rays across the street. she may have something going on in her lungs. Though the consensus with the doctors and nurse is that she may stabilize but will never get better or back to how she was before passing out and going to the hospital over a month ago.

Before I left to go by Dad's I caught the (5) plecos and banded gourami that were left in the one tub. Also found a surprise additional baby kuhli loach-though s/he forced me to hunt it down. The tub was being emptied so the two goldfish I have could temporarily go in there as we broke down the upstairs 75 goldfish tank. The tub had a smattering of assorted size gravel and lots of mulm (lots and lots and lots and lots... ). Before the goldfish could go in there it had to be cleaned of gravel (they can choke on it) and the mulm as the water needed to be clean. Also the 3 sponge filters and one Aqueon 55/75 needed to be cleaned. I was a able to do all the cleaning except for the tub itself before I had to go by Dad's.

So I left the house with the plecos in a bucket and the tub draining of mulmy brown water and spent the rest of the day with Dad & Grandma.

Meanwhile my Sister caught the dojo/weather loaches and the syno in the upstairs 75. She also harvested all of the anubias I had from my old 75 gallon and tied/glued it to rocks and driftwood for the 75 African tank that would house the syno, possibly a krib and a school of Congos.

She also broke down a 40B that had been temporarily housing my other loaches (kuhli and forktail). She had set up my 50 low boy/frag on Wednesday, and the loaches and my broken-line tetras (Hemigrammus ulreyi) are now in there along with 6 zebra danios.

She also cleaned and rescaped the 75 gallon upstairs. It is now the home of Ghost, his son Gryere (Sis named him), and my 3 clown plecos Mars Bar, Kit-Kat and Mr. Goodbar (though it should be Mrs. lol).

Sunday I gave myself an early B-day gift bu heading over to my fav (not quite) local fish store; Fish Planet. I had headed out with the intention of picking up two female moonlight gouramis and half a dozen female honey gouramis and 4 pearl gourami. Lol-best intentions; First I got two plants-some type of renicki (lol-redneckii) and an apono bovinase. They were a bit short with gouramis so I got 1 male and 4 female honey gouramis. The moonlight were all males and were chasing each other around the tank very aggressively, so I skipped them. They only had two pearls left so I took them as my 125 is empty with the two pearls and one snakeskin gourami,
    they are almost stressed as to the emptiness of the tank.
    They had some baby golden Dojos and while I was looking at them I saw they had some almost thread-thin loaches. Hmm, well crud I had found the other rare loach I wanted, Pangio anguillaris. They had 3 left so I got them; cause-why not.... Also we know the manager and she knows I am moving my 2 goldies into the 150 stock tub with the expectation of adding a couple more goldfish. Seems they got in a no-eye goldfish with their last shipment and s/he was free to whomever wanted it. It was a nice thumb size (in body) fish with orange and calico spotting and the poor guy has no eyes, so of course I said yes, and heck I may as well get two other tiny goldfish while I am here-right? Yup. So I went home with 2 plants, 5 honey gouramis, 2 pearl gouramis,3 fantail-ish goldfish, 3 Pangio anguillaris, and 3 serving of blackworms and it was less than I thought.

So she got a lot done Saturday and after grocery shopping Sunday, and then cooking; Sis and i pooped out and went in the basement to watch part of my B-day gift, the original restored back to its roots, SW-IV New Hope on blue ray.

Now I really need to try and focus and actually work at work. I will try get get a video or at least photos of the new tanks up tonight. Nothing special for my B-day, sis made me a cake yesterday. Sorry if this post is rambling and not too linear. I have a lot going on in my head lately, and it tends to make me a bit scatter-brained.
    5.5g- Shrimp tanks
    75 Gourami/Eel tank
    5g Salty Tank
    Fish room-*pending*

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room
    Salty Tank

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

1 Not allowed!
    Very productive weekend for Sis, and nice purchases for you...congrats!

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Sis was able to get a female moonbeam gourami yesterday. Here are a couple videos.
    Sorry the Second is a long one.

5.5g- Shrimp tanks
    75 Gourami/Eel tank
    5g Salty Tank
    Fish room-*pending*

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room
    Salty Tank

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    That bamboo tank came out so nice!

Page 42 of 48 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast