· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 39 of 47 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   

1 Not allowed!
    Thanks Matt, I am finally feeling better, cut the grass last night and was leeched by a dozen mosquitoes and a couple flies-Ouch and Yuk! they seemed to have sucked most of the crud, lol.

Mom is also getting better, still has some sniffles but better than a fever. Grandma seems to be slowly improving, Dad said she was able to walk for the physical therapist yesterday.

As for the moving, it won't be for 2 or so years, but Sis and I both agree that it will be easier to break down a few tanks versus a dozen-ish so we will continue to be patient.

I did forget to test the water on the 125 yesterday: sunset was 6:45 and we got home at 6:15 so I ran outside to cut the grass in the back ASAP. Was gross when I came back in with the free buffet of me, and the grass clippings, plus I pooped out and got to sleep earlier than usual which also may be why I feel back to my normal self finally.

No confirmation or receipt from TWS for my shipping tomorrow. Sis and I also agree that we will try to avoid purchasing from them in the future. Not too happy with the customer service of late.
    5.5g- Shrimp tanks
    75 Gourami/Eel tank
    5g Salty Tank
    Fish room-*pending*

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room
    Salty Tank

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   

3 Not allowed!
    Well I tested the 125 and ammonia is down from 2ppm to 0.50 ppm, no nitrites though. As i was testing I noticed the tank was quiet, too quiet. Seems the pump had gotten clogged with debris already! So I pulled it our and attached two air lines from my air system and its running even more than it was with a 600gph pump hooked up! Bonus is I won't have to worry about the pump clogging again, as I will re-purpose it for the goldfish trickle filter I am going to try and build this weekend. Also the two massive sponges for the 75 gallons are cycled so this weekend we can set up the one 75 for the dojos and the other for the syno and congos (which should be delivered tomorrow, TWS was able to notify me at 5:37pm of the delivery for tomorrow). I had to laugh when I saw the scientific name for the blue tetras, k. borki, reminded me of the Swedish Chef (bork-bork) which reminded me of Larry; where is that guy, I miss his humor

Hope this link works;
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/1LdgCJVr3vNC9onQA
    5.5g- Shrimp tanks
    75 Gourami/Eel tank
    5g Salty Tank
    Fish room-*pending*

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room
    Salty Tank

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on 3,000, have an oyster! (?) - Slaphppy7   For giving your daughter a tank, scaping rights included! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   sorry to hear about your knee. since you dont drink herea a slice - bpete   

2 Not allowed!
    Sorry to hear things are so crazy; glad you're feeling better and hope your mom is soon. That's a bummer about TWS; they've always been my go-to for anything the LFS can't get me.

Why are you having to move again? That doesn't sound fun.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    To be honest I would not have chosen this house. The only space I love is the basement. So I am excited to find a home, not just a house. Lucky a majority of our stuff is still packed because there just isn't any room for it.

Its not the only reason but one of many. Bummer is the water parameters here on municipal well is perfect for the fish. Where we are thinking of moving has Lake Michigan water again, which is OK pH wise, but a lot harder from a 7 to an 11/12.
    5.5g- Shrimp tanks
    75 Gourami/Eel tank
    5g Salty Tank
    Fish room-*pending*

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room
    Salty Tank

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on 3,000, have an oyster! (?) - Slaphppy7   For giving your daughter a tank, scaping rights included! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   sorry to hear about your knee. since you dont drink herea a slice - bpete   

1 Not allowed!
    Yeah, you need a house that feels right. I hope you find the right place soon...although I do enjoy hearing/seeing all your nomadic fish set-ups. ha ha It's remarkable how well you take care of them in temporary quarters!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Lol... Poor fish will be in a tank and just get used to it then we pack them up again.
    5.5g- Shrimp tanks
    75 Gourami/Eel tank
    5g Salty Tank
    Fish room-*pending*

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room
    Salty Tank

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    They won't know what to do with themselves when they finally get into permanent quarters...be like a homeless guy who wins the lottery! ha ha

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Well the 125 may be cycled this weekend. I hope so but am not sure if I will have time to move fish, a lot on my useless list for the weekend, a craft fair sis and I want to try a go to and since the club has a meeting on Friday and we have some guppies to try and sell. So grocery shopping will be moved to Saturday after the craft fair. Plus we wanted to try an ddecorate the house for Halloween/fall besides the usual cooking/cleaning and the current mess in the basement of us re setting up the racks on the other side of the basement and moving tanks and stuff around...oh and i will be setting up my turtle too.

I am officially overwhelmed. So wish I could take some time off to get things done, can't right now though and it stinks.
    5.5g- Shrimp tanks
    75 Gourami/Eel tank
    5g Salty Tank
    Fish room-*pending*

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room
    Salty Tank

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    So I got Hippie's new home done last night and a little update on the fish room and the fish we got from TWS recentl. BTW the eels are Macrognathus circumcinctus and the variety that TWS couldn't verify are Macrognathus tapirus;

https://www.fishbase.in/summary/Macr...s-tapirus.html

BTW when I say the eels are going upstairs with the honey cats, I meant honey gouramis

Hippie may move in tonight or this weekend-not 100% sure as it will depend on how the enclosure is today when I get home. The radiant heat panel was out-gassing (it smelled like hot plastic) and it is supposed to go away but I am not going to move her until its gone and I know its ok for her heat wise.

If I get a chance today i have to try and make a game plan for the weekend. I want to have some fun going to the fall craft fair, but I have a lot of work that needs to get done.
    5.5g- Shrimp tanks
    75 Gourami/Eel tank
    5g Salty Tank
    Fish room-*pending*

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room
    Salty Tank

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

1 Not allowed!
    Those eels are cool!
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Page 39 of 47 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast