· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

3 Not allowed!
    Just booked the room!
    Last edited by Boundava; 08-08-2019 at 07:25 PM.
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    Well got done with morning rush at work and find myself with a little break. I am hoping today is slow-I really need a slow day. We usually leave at 3 on Fridays in the summer as the taxi industry slows down in the summer, but two weeks ago I had so may quotes and new business to process I didn't leave till 4:50! The president was there (small company) though everyone else left (as they should) and he said I could take and extra hour off whenever. I may cash that in today, if it stays slow and they don't swamp me in the afternoons like they usually seem to do.

Sis's friend is coming in too late on Sunday for Bristol Ren-Faire Sunday, but we have until Labor day to go, they are open on weekends only. So that opens up Sunday for another work day. I f I can stay on track I should be able to get Hippie's new home sanded and work on the new trim and silicone the seals and maybe framing the top for a lid and her radiant heater. I can also get a coat of drylock on it-maybe two or three.

I don't think i will get it 100% done since I am still not 100% on what I am doing for her pool feature. I haven't seen anything I could use that is sturdy enough. I may just have to try and build something again though I didn't really want to take the time to do that.

I also want to work on the background for the 125. I have a better idea of what i want to do and once I get that plan in my mind i am good to go. Unfortunately Hippie's home isn't "locked" in my head yet so I am not as eager to do her new home as I am to do the background.

I would also like to set up tow ten gallon tanks to move my shrimp in. At the summer picnic I picked up another bag of Dream blues for just the cost of 150 points out of 300. I will be putting sand in these tanks and minimal landscaping with blyxa japonica and maybe a cypt or a tiger lotus, they are cute when they stay small.

I would love to move the plants, but not sure how all will play out and how much of this I can do by myself, it is a lot of plants to move and duckweed to clean out. Could take one day of backbreaking work just to rinse and repeat, rinse and repeat, rinse and repeat, and rinse and repeat the plants for duckweed removal. I don't want this problem in the basement, though a couple of them have popped up since we have some nets that have dried bits on them which seem to resurrect themselves.

Anyway there's my ramble for today...
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Welcome Back! - Boundava   Here is a coral to tide you over until you decide what to get for your 40 - bpete   Sorry for the ich, you'll defeat it. - mch1984   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   

1 Not allowed!
    As I sit here and read your plans and to-do lists, I admire your drive, energy and patience. This massive build is a labor of love, heavy on the labor.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Thanks but my plans all fizzled up. Its so hard doing anything when you have to care for your Mom and your sister's friends dog and everything else (Sis's friend from OH is over and she brought her little Pomeranian with her-they have been in WI for 3 days and at home they are out of the house all day long so I was letting him out of his crate to do his business every time he started whining or barking-as my Mom called me/texted me while I was working in the garage to let the poor thing out).

The only thing I got done was sanding the shelf, removing the trim and bottom shelf, adding a new plywood backing and bottom piece, giving me a few more inches and then silicone the seams on the inside f the bookcase. The plywood has taken the time in the garage to warp a bit so the bottom piece I added didn't sit flush-that or the num nuts at HD can't cut straight. Maybe it was both.

Sigh, I will have to make up it when I can after work and such. I can't believe its Friday already. I am not prepared for the weekend...or shopping tonight. Sis's friend is here till Sunday so I will have to be on doggie potty duty Sat and Sun, along with everything else (cooking, cleaning, laundry, WC, filter cleaning, hopefully some more work on the enclosure and maybe the 125 background...). Hope work is better today than yesterday, I need to get my thoughts and things to do organized. See what I can try to get done this weekend.

5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Well got a little more done last weekend. Seems the particle board seperated/warped a bit more so after I re-sanded everything and cut two vents on the side I had to re-apply the silicone. So no painting got done. I did start on the 125 background...just a little start; cut the back piece and played with how to get the foam pipe covers to possibly look like bamboo.

So feeling like elasta girl right now, have to do the background, Hippie and now my goldfish need to be moved sooner rather than later. The Dojo Loaches are very active in the colder waters-and when I am feeding the tank the loaches go after the goldfish first-instead of the food all over the substrate. By going after them I mean they will swim like those parasitic fishes and attach themselves to the goldfish's gills trying to suck food out of them. My one goldfish Choux is so stresses he sits on the substrate until he sees anyone walk by. Then he gets excited and swims about just to stop and sink to the bottom again.

My plan had been to get the 125 up and a 75 for the corys in order to get all of the fish downstairs. Well now I have to also add doing something with the goldfish tank. I found a new 150 Rubbermaid tub for $100 on Facebook marketplace, the local Tractor supply sells it for ~$150. I would need to get it Saturday. The thing is my Mom loves the goldfish-they are in the Family room where she can see them. I was going to keep the dojos in the 75 and add some gold barbs to the tank instead as they are more aggressive and agile and can ward of those PITA dojos. Now I am unsure if I want to do that...the simplest thing would be to re home the two huge golden Dojos females and my weather loach beautiful male (in his wild colors). That would leave me with Tweedledee and dum, the two smallest golden dojos which maybe a male/female pair but are still too small to be sure. lot to think about as I love all of the loaches even if they are butt-heads when feeding.
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

3 Not allowed!
    I made some progress on the background yesterday. My day was a little broken up since I have to go and pick up the stock tub that I found on Facebook Marketplace, but when I got home I got started on the background and was able to get it all glued down. like I say in the video I've got to use some great stuff in the openings to keep any Critters out although the only one small enough to fit in there going to be a kuhli loaches. Once the Great Stuff sets up I'm going to go ahead and paint it in the meantime I will put the first coat on Hippie (my box turtle's) enclosure. Well those dry I will go ahead and wash a hundred pounds of sand for my 75 gallon tank. And then sometime today I will make lunches for the week planning on making a Ratatouille. Thankfully my sister's making dinner a chicken encrusted in mustard, recipe she found from Jacques Pepin.

5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

4 Not allowed!
    Busy day

I am pooped.
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you!  Miss you at the forum. - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   
    Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Silbar   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Silbar   Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - Silbar   

2 Not allowed!
    My gosh that is a lot of work but it's really starting to look like bamboo!!! You are so creative and talented!
    Sil's 2nd Time Around 75G...Journal
    Sil's 75G...Journal
    Sil's 20L...Journal
    Sil's 10G...Journal

RIP Deb, we miss you.

Real courage is moving forward when the outcome is uncertain~~Fortune Cookie

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    @Silbar
    Thank you so very much. I was going to add another coat onto everything last night but got rushed last minute at work with some stuff to do so I had to leave later, hit bad traffic and came home in a mood that needed some decompressing -so I played a little Minecraft. Recently got into that game when YouTube directed me into one of the survival guides videos after I watched a video on a DIY terrarium waterfall. Looked neat and I am a huge newbie but it does help me decompress at night-especially sine I play it on peaceful so my face doesn't get eaten my the hostile mobs in the game. Gaming on the PC is my guilty pleasure and I find it hard to find a game I like to play consistently. I maybe watch an hour of TV all week, and only get time for 2 or 3 hours on the computer at home all week. Most nights I come home, clean up and prep for the next day and look at the time-usually its too late to go downstairs so I just go to bed.

Tonight I have to make time to get another coat of Drylock on everything. Stressed or not
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    So I did get another coat on the background Tuesday after work. Had to rush the last 1/4 at the mosquitoes thought I was a, all-you-can-eat buffet the little b's! Today is a co worker's B-Day so last night I made a red velvet bunt cake with creame cheese frosting and colored some f the frosting as red and blue as I could since he is a cub fan . Forgot to take a pic this morning, but I guess its good...
    IMG_20190829_113532731.jpg
    IMG_20190829_113537542.jpg

Today is my Friday-yay! Also means closer to D-day, whenever that will be. Or M day, day to move the fish into the 125, 75 and 40B, move the shrimp into the 10 gallons and the plants, and break down the tubs.

Tonight I need to put coat #3 on the background when I get home from work. tomorrow I have an early (7:30a) appointment to get the car serviced and if i feel like it I cuuld get up at 4 am to put coat #4 on the background-if it is dry, or I can wait till I get home from the dealership. I also need to wash sand for the 75 and the 10 gallons and set them up and fill them. I also need to plant and decor all of the tanks. Plus grocery shopping too...

Saturday if i am lucky and get coat #4 on Friday I can put the final "pretty" paint job on the background and in the evening I can silicone it to the 125. 24 hours later I can add the sand, plants and DW; stuff the filter full of media and let her rip.
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 LastLast