· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Welcome Back! - Boundava   Here is a coral to tide you over until you decide what to get for your 40 - bpete   Sorry for the ich, you'll defeat it. - mch1984   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   

2 Not allowed!
    It's so great to see an update from you Nat! It looks like things are trucking right along. :-)

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on 3,000, have an oyster! (?) - Slaphppy7   For giving your daughter a tank, scaping rights included! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   sorry to hear about your knee. since you dont drink herea a slice - bpete   

3 Not allowed!
    Holy smoke, Natalia! Everytime I update myself on your journal I am blown away at how much you are doing. It is going to be absolutely amazing.

Oh, and now I want a mini dragon loach. Thanks a lot.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by RiversGirl View Post
    Wonderful updates! So much going on with you and your projects - I hope you continue to delight in the process. It seems like such great fun. It is good to know that you are doing well.

Congrats on your mini dragon loaches!
    Thanks Rivers, It is intimidating but fun when I face my self perceived limits and find I can do it, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by showmebutterfly View Post
    It's so great to see an update from you Nat! It looks like things are trucking right along. :-)
    Hey, how are you! Its been tough with work to stop in-and the weekends are a busy mess. Basement is plodding along, but its moving. This month should start off with speed as I should have 5 days off this end of week (4th - 8th) to

Quote Originally Posted by WhistlingBadger View Post
    Holy smoke, Natalia! Everytime I update myself on your journal I am blown away at how much you are doing. It is going to be absolutely amazing.

Oh, and now I want a mini dragon loach. Thanks a lot.
    Thanks Tom, I think those loaches are adorable, they are still getting used to us so hide more than come out-but I am sure once we get some other fish in there to fill up the top of the tank, they will be out and about more.

Well I has two things I wanted to do, the daunting breakdown and move o the planted tub and the moving of the 120 & 125 to the finished side of the basement and the gluing of the braces for the corner matten filters. 50% isn't bad after doing other stuff (take Mom out to breakfast, shopping, laundry, clean house, cut the grass, cooking for the weekend and the week).

Sis's friend-the one who works as the manager of that LFS came over Sunday after work and the three of us lifted the 120 and 125 onto their "forever homes"

She also helped us put the plywood down under the 40 breeders.

Attach0.jpg
    The cardboard on the 125 leaning against the rack of tanks is a bad kitten blocker (hopefully). She tries every which way to get UP-the stinker! Plus she has grown some-well her legs have gotten much longer, so she is super springy (and she knows it )

IMG_20190414_171836497_BURST000_COVER.jpg
    Here she is in April, we should have called her Loki instead of Zelda!

Stinkey.jpg
    She almost looks like a real cat...

So the plan before Thursday is to go to Home depot and see if they have any scrap lumber I can use to make a small shelf for the air pump, it a Jehmco DAP600. I have to get it in the little sump closet (its cool in there ) and get the fittings to hook it up to the rest for the system. It comes with a connector to hook up to 1"PVC-and I have some extra PVC to hook it up to the looped system I set up.

I may be able to get some time in the evenings before Thursday to get the shelf attached to the beams in the sump closet and the air pump ready to be hooked up to electricity and the manifold (which isn't 100% set up yet). This is based on how busy it is at work (sometimes I am 1/2 late leaving because I am finishing something), the traffic going home, or how stressed out I was at work and how tired I am going home (plus the stuff I have to do at home prior to work the next day like wash dished, make coffe, get lunches packed prior to doing anything else.

So Thursday (hopefully) be drilling the PVC and inserting valves to set up the manifold and getting the 120 and 125 set up and filters running. We will be putting a bunch of the seeded sponges behind the corner filters in the hopes of getting those big sponges off to the right start. I may also try and find some time to clean out the sponges/HOB upstairs again and pour some yummy filter media rinse water in both tanks behind the matten filter sponges as an added boost.

Hoping to set up some additional tanks Friday (the low-boy and maybe a 75). Need to stop for a few-dozen bags of play/pool sand at Menard's. Awesome quality play sand that needs no rinsing at all vs Home Depots which is super dusty.

Also need/must/WILL be taking the plants downstairs and setting them up among 2-3 tubs versus the one. Or maybe after setting up the 125, 120, and the low boy I have no plants left; lol...not going to happen. I would also like to get some time to get Hippies box started, still trying to get an idea on what I want to do for her wading/soaking pool.

So much going on and super excited to be getting 5 days off to do what I can. The Greenwater Aquarist Society's summer picnic is coming up-which means member points auction for fish/plants and supplies. May add some plants or fish if I see anything I like. Now I can see where I would have room to place it.

My head is whirling with ideas and things to remember to do, plus it has taken me all day (full of interruptions) at work to get this out!
    Last edited by Boundava; 07-01-2019 at 07:06 PM.
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    Well another crazy week is done at work. Tomorrow is off and they told us at 10 am that they will be closed Friday (I was going to take off, this saves me a vacation day ). So I have the next 5 days off and we got started by picking up a little sand...
    IMG_20190703_191230056.jpg
    IMG_20190703_191239456.jpg
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

2 Not allowed!
    A "little" sand?....hope you don't need new shocks, lol
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Lol, car is OK. About 850lbs of sand... piece of cake! Hope everyone is having a great 4th!
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Welcome Back! - Boundava   Here is a coral to tide you over until you decide what to get for your 40 - bpete   Sorry for the ich, you'll defeat it. - mch1984   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boundava View Post
    Lol, car is OK. About 850lbs of sand... piece of cake! Hope everyone is having a great 4th!
    Wow! Your poor car and your poor backs! I hope you had a great 4th and enjoy your long holiday weekend.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

3 Not allowed!
    Lol, we're OK. Sand is in the garage. We hit a couple of road blocks, but did get a big item off the list today (finally).

5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

1 Not allowed!
    Congrats!....now, what is that?.............
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    Congrats!....now, what is that?.............
    I will assume your not kidding around and clarify for anyone else who is wondering what that is...

It a Jehmco diaphragm air pump for 40-60 outlets; DAP-60. It is going to power the PVC manifold system I have set up for all of the tanks that will be filtered with sponge filtration. There are a few tanks that will be set up like the loaches; sponge filtration utilizing a power head versus air in order to get #1 a higher current, and #2 greater turnover and oxygenation.

I have 10 outlets set up in 4 different locations for a total of 40 valves, since I didn't buy a bleeder for any extra pressure build up in the system I will just leave some valves open once I balance the system. From what I understand is you want the system to be pressurized, but too much back pressure isn't good for the pump-it makes it work too hard.

If you look at the video again I have 20 valves on the side with the 75 gallons. The end of that area by the door that separates the "finished" area from the non finished is where I am going to set up a mini-rack with a couple-few small tubs for quarantine/fry and feeder like scuds, possibly daphnia, brine shrimp, microworms and blackworms.

Then it pans over to the rack over by the inside wall where I have 10 more valves set up for some tubs I want to get going. I was going to set up the 5th 40 breeder there, but right now I want to get some planted tubs going. So that tank is going to go back to the other side and I will be getting some smaller tubs for grow tanks for plants. Something wide and shallow and I will get my CO2 system set up in the hopes of getting some plants out for possible sale in the future. We also will be setting up two tubs for breeding, those will go on the floor like what we currently have the tubs set up on. Each tub will be getting two sponges. The other rack with the 50 longs will not be using any air as they are going to be river tanks that may be a down-the-road build. The last set of valves are for the 20/30 and 40B tanks. Two of the four 40B we have are going to be river tank set up, and will be utilizing powerheads instead of air to power the sponge filtration. That will take care of filtration and current; the whole one stone/two birds thing, lol

This weekend focus #1 is going to be to do as much as possible background wise, #2 will be to grab some polycarbonate/greenhouse panel to cut up for some lids and #3 will be to (hopefully) get the lowboy set up and running so next week I can get some fish in there.
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast