· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 31 of 42 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   

2 Not allowed!
    Thank you Silvia. Sis does have a great eye for tank layouts.
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

1 Not allowed!
    Happy Birthday to your mom!
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   

0 Not allowed!
    She thanks you.
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

5 Not allowed!
    Well making some progress.

1. We cleaned the three 50L tanks and they are finaly out of the garage and in the basement. Two of them are on the rack, the third is on the floor as Sis wants to wait until she has a background made before she lifts it up to the third shelf.
    2. Cleaned the two 15g tanks that were in the garage and put them downstairs too.
    3. We set up two tubs for a cycling farm and threw all of the small sponges in there-I had a bucket full of water I used to clean the goldfish filter media in, and this weekend I will be cleaning the current sponges set up in the tubs as well as the Aqueon HOB set up on the gourami/pleco tub and adding that water to the tubs as well.
    4. I took Monday off and have a list of stuff I need to do this weekend for the basement. Will be getting some plywood so that the 20 and 30 gallons can go on the rack, right now they will fit but overhang by an inch which doesn't make us very comfortable. So plan is to get a 26" wide plywood to fit on the 24" wide shelf just so that all of the rims are on solid surfaces. Will be doing the same for the 40B as they also are right on the edges and I don't need that stress of thinking the weight will blow a seal. So the plywood will be cut at 74" long to fit the 72" long shelf. that extra 2" means the world to my anxiety levels.
    5. Finally figured out what we are doing for lighting, won't be DIY as that turned out to be too much $$$, and should be adequate for the majority of the tanks. For any that need an extra boost-I will add some grow light bulbs. One 4 ft light will be hanging on each shelf and will be less than 10' away so it should be bright enough and the spectrum is good for plants at 6500K. Plus the price is right for me :thumbsupleft:
    6. Working on figuring out what would be best for the electricity still not sure if I should go with a small surge protector on each rack where I plug everything in for that shelf, or a longer power strip with a series of smaller surge protectors plugged into it, with the surge protectors separated by lighting, heat and current makers/pumps. I really don't want a wire mess.

Please excuse my crude-quick at-work drawings, I think it gets the gist of what I am saying.
    IMG_20190509_123733274.jpg

IMG_20190509_123726183.jpg

Of course the cables will be attached to the shelves, and not in such a chaotic mess. Looking at the drawings, I think option 1 may actually be the better idea. Anyone know of a place to get a lot of 6-8 outlet surge protectors for cheap, lol.
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

6 Not allowed!
    Oh my I forgot to upload this video and ran out of time to add it to the above post.

I had some large pieces or mopani DW but they all are going into the 50 Low boy. I have some other DW left, just not mopani so I got a bulk box from Zoo Med . These beauties are going to go in the 75 blackwater tanks and in the 125. I may grab another box in a couple weeks and put some in the 40B too.

5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - ApistoJoe   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

3 Not allowed!
    Great assortment of Mopani you got. So much you'll be able to do with those and even the smaller pieces will add to the designs you come up with. Have fun with those.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

5 Not allowed!
    Well and wow its been a long time since I posted about the basement.

Not too much has been going on, we make plans to so stuff and then other stuff takes precedence-you got to cut the grass when its not raining, clean up outside so you can plant the garden, weed the flower beds to plant the flowers, Father's day, other life "stuff", just never ending what eats the weekend away.

I am (hoping) to have 4-5 days off the 4th of July weekend; 5 days if work gives us the fifth off-they are being super secretive or indecisive. So plan is to get the air system 100% set up. Means I have to drill the PVC and get the vales in for the manifold, also need to set up the PVC connection to the air pump and build/set up the shelf for the air pump. I am figuring a whole day for that. We would also like to get some tanks up and running with the plan to have the fish 100% out of the living room by the end of July-/first week of August.

This weekend I am planning (again for the 4th weekend in a row) to move my one planted tub from the living room to the basement and break it down some by moving the apanos to a separate tub and the buce to a shallow tub and keep the swords and crypts in the big tub and take stock of what I have. The tub has been 2/3 empty for a bit over a month now-because weeks ago we were going move it and something came up

Also will be pulling out the big tanks (120/125) from the unfinished to the finished side with the goal to silicone the braces for the corner matten filters. It wont be too hard-just laborious to clear a path (and herd cats out of the way) in order to get the tanks out.

I have a (too) long video where I ramble on about the basement. I spent a few hours Sunday cleaning it up as it has basically become a romper room for the cats and it was self carpeting with cat hair (eeeewwwww!) I talk a little about my sisters "rescue" frog- Sparky. One of her friends had an issue where she had to re-home all her fish and other pets, so my Sis took Sparky in. He is a lady killer-literally, having killed all his female friends in the tank. I also mention how we are putting plywood under the 40 breeders, 20 and 30 gallons because they are a little longer or wider than the rack shelf. The hilight towards the end is the I show you guys the first filled tank in the basement and its a river-tank, it was a spontaneous set up. Fortunately we have been cycling sponges for about a month; they are cycled already since I used the rinse water from cleaning our upstairs filters (HOB, Canister and multiple sponges). Well lets not say it was water-more like a brown gloppy liquid-lol. The goop water served its purpose and the sponges were cycled within a week, to keep the cycle we have been dosing ammonia every couple days.

Anyway back to our first tank. Sis and I had to split the cost for its inhabitants-they were a bit $$$$.$$! We are regulars at a LFS called Fish Planet, know the owner Steve and even referred my Sis's friend to work for him-now she is the store manager, learning the ropes in the hopes of purchasing the store from Steve when he retires (whenever that is). 70% of their stock comes form TWS, and this last order they (TWS) talked Steve into buying a controversial fish that they purchased under the label of "bycatch". Only when they identified the loach did they learn they weren't bycatch but poached from a wildlife sanctuary in Taiwan.

They talked Steve into buying them and when he got them and also realized they were a hot item that almost no one would know what to do with (or what they were buying or want to dish out what he needed to sell them for in order to recoup his cost for them); he and my Sister's friend-thought of us. We got $5 off each of them by the total still made my stomach drop. Now we are the proud owners of a group of 6 Schistura pridii also known as mini dragon loaches.

Here is a short video of them (not ours)

Here is a much longer video of the basement.

If you can't listen to audio-go to the setting (the gear) and you can turn on subtitiles to read (with YouTube translation) what I say.

BTW, I always got point off in English for run on sentences....my sentences are like the energizer bunny!
    Last edited by Boundava; 06-25-2019 at 05:45 PM.
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

1 Not allowed!
    Such an incredibly massive project. How long do you think it will be before all/most of the tanks are running and stocked?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Thanks @andre, I can't believe that October will be 3 years in this house.

The fish I currently have will be sit up into a couple different tanks that will be set up ASAP. Those tanks will be the 50 low boy/frag tank, the 125, a 75 and a 10 gallon for my shrimp. The other tanks will be fleshed (fished) out as $ allows. The other tanks will also be set up as budget allows. One of the tanks I am very excited to set up (not that I am not psyched about the others) is a little 40B river tank that will have some driftwood cats; Centromochlus Perugia. I have been wanting a tank of the since before we moved, close second is my hillstrea loach river tank, and close third is the S. American River tank. These will be set up later on though, as funds allow for the fish.

There is suppesed to be a catcom around here in October, I may pick up the catfish then.
    Last edited by Boundava; 06-26-2019 at 02:31 AM.
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

3 Not allowed!
    Wonderful updates! So much going on with you and your projects - I hope you continue to delight in the process. It seems like such great fun. It is good to know that you are doing well.

Congrats on your mini dragon loaches!
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Page 31 of 42 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast