· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on 3,000, have an oyster! (?) - Slaphppy7   For giving your daughter a tank, scaping rights included! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   sorry to hear about your knee. since you dont drink herea a slice - bpete   

1 Not allowed!
    Excellent. You know, I'm with you on the harleys. Mine are starting to look rather long in the tooth, and I lost one the other day, probably to old age (I'd guess I've had them over five years, since I started evolving my 55g toward being an Asia tank). I think that I'll replace them with espies if they start dying off. Harleys are wonderful fish. Espies are prettier, though not quite as tough, I hear.

Anyway. I wish I could see this once it's all up!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

3 Not allowed!
    I told Matt its free admission to everyone here, lol. We are going to try and do some stuff this weekend-though without the PVC system and the surge protectors, I am not sure if we should be setting up the racks without these foundations. Sis is eager and to be honest I am too, but I don't want to have to deal with working around the industrial shelving I bought to hang the PVC piping for the central air system.
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Because I back our Blue...thanks for your service - Silbar   Welcome back! - Slaphppy7   Have another angel fish... - Slaphppy7   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   No Message - Law Dog   

0 Not allowed!
    Any updates Nat?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

4 Not allowed!
    Been trying to get stuff done in there, but it's tough. Mom tore a tendon in her knee some time last week. The one she had surgery on. Had to take Friday off to take her to the Dr. Also had to take, additional care of her this weekend. She is in a brace-supposed to be 24/7... How can you reason with your mom? :doh;

Did get a little done...
    IMG_20190304_153816609.jpg

The PVC is up temporarily, and 50‰ of the racks are up.
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Because I back our Blue...thanks for your service - Silbar   Welcome back! - Slaphppy7   Have another angel fish... - Slaphppy7   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   No Message - Law Dog   

1 Not allowed!
    Oh no! I hope your mom heals quickly!

The room is starting to take shape! Is the PVC gray or did you paint it?
    * 100gal show
    - planted w/ Crypts, Vals, Java Fern, Staurogyne repens and Amazon Swords
    - Neons, 4 Angelfish, Sunset Honey Gourami, BN Pleco, Spotted Sailfin
    Pleco, Odessa Barbs, Corydoras schwartzi, Serpae Tetras, Silver tip tetras
    * Fluval Spec V
    - Dwarf Gourami, , 1 Kuhli loach, 2 Black Phantom Tetras
    - planted w/ Crypts

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

2 Not allowed!
    Coming along nicely, sorry to hear about your mom
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Law Dog View Post
    Oh no! I hope your mom heals quickly!

The room is starting to take shape! Is the PVC gray or did you paint it?
    I hope so too. It's a bit hard for her to get in/out of the car with the brace limiting her bending her leg.

The PVC is schedule 80, thicker than 40 and gray so you can tell the difference on sight, It costs a little more, but I think it is worth it. They also make a black furniture grade schedule 40, but that is the most expensive and I would have had to order it so if I needed more there would be no quick trips to the hardware store for connectors or elbows.
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boundava View Post
    I hope so too. It's a bit hard for her to get in/out of the car with the brace limiting her bending her leg.

The PVC is schedule 80, thicker than 40 and gray so you can tell the difference on sight, It costs a little more, but I think it is worth it. They also make a black furniture grade schedule 40, but that is the most expensive and I would have had to order it so if I needed more there would be no quick trips to the hardware store for connectors or elbows.
    I would've went with schedule 80 also. Not only can it handle more pressure but it doesn't bend (sag) as much as 40. I'm sure I don't have to say this, but make sure to dry fit everything before you glue it.
    * 100gal show
    - planted w/ Crypts, Vals, Java Fern, Staurogyne repens and Amazon Swords
    - Neons, 4 Angelfish, Sunset Honey Gourami, BN Pleco, Spotted Sailfin
    Pleco, Odessa Barbs, Corydoras schwartzi, Serpae Tetras, Silver tip tetras
    * Fluval Spec V
    - Dwarf Gourami, , 1 Kuhli loach, 2 Black Phantom Tetras
    - planted w/ Crypts

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

2 Not allowed!
    Your fishroom is coming along well. The colors you've selected are lovely. You were wise about the ceiling - it looks really nice.

Healing thoughts, to your mom. I'm sure you'd be forgiven if you have to nag her about keeping her brace on. Perhaps tag-team with your sister about 'reminding' your mom. I hope she listens and rests her knee.
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

3 Not allowed!
    Thanks RG, I love how the basement turned up and is progressing (very slowly but progress is progress, right?)

As for Mom, she is realizing that work may not be a good idea-so she may decide to take some time off when she can. There are 3 people in the insurance office and one of them is currently out till Friday, and the other doesn't have a producer's licence so she "has" to be there. she stays home Friday till her DR appointment on Friday. I don't see how she is allowing the tear in her tendon to heal with all the stress she is putting herself through getting in and out of the car. Not to mention the stress on me, I sprained my wrist lifting her leg into the car-there just isn't any clearance when you can't (and shouldn't) bend your leg.

On the better news side, I got promoted at work-so now an underwriting assistant and am learning some new things at breakneck speed as the underwriter will be on vacation at the end of the month for 6 business days. I also need to train my replacement next week, another that this one works out better than the last one.
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast