· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    If I could just somehow get my head around adding water directly to the tank, I just can't do it! The holding tank is my biggest complaint.

Why can't you use the python on the largest tanks?
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    The Python will be used on all the tanks to drain and refill. Not sure where I said otherwise, sorry. We have 3 of them so we can use gravity to pull water out and refill as we go... assembly line style.

I see, mentioned it would be easy except for the largest... that was just in reference to the amount of water being changed, 50 to 75 gallons takes a while to remove and replace.
    Last edited by Boundava; 12-19-2018 at 11:05 PM.
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

2 Not allowed!
    Your plan looks great! I am looking forward to the time when you are able to hang out in the rec area. This is a grand adventure!
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Oh yes, I agree, changing out that much water at a time is a PITA I have recently found out! I used to change out 40-50% in the 120g, but that is not enough anymore. 40-50, no big deal, but 75 makes a huge difference in time. I don't need to remove that much to siphon the bottom and I find myself doing other things while the tank is draining for the rest. At least cuz I get bored the tank is really clean now lol.
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Yeah I figured once I get the draining started on the big tanks I can easily move onto working on draining/cleaning the smaller tanks. The majority of the filtration will be sponge in one form or other (basic sponge filter, tower filters or corner HMF) so that cuts down on the maintenance a lot.

Lol we just can't wash laundry or other things that may use hot water. The house has a 50 gall on tank, so I think we are good for the majority, there will be some tanks at 75 so the tap in the summer should be good. Will be a learning curve for us as well, lol.
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    That's a great idea about doing other tanks at the same time, especially since you have multiple pythons. Never thought about the hot water. You are right, you'll have to figure out a schedule, but that should be easy once you see what is all involved for each tank. Remember though things can change and maintenance has to be adjusted sometimes. Just to pass on what i'm seeing with my old 120g. Maybe it's old tank syndrome even though I think i'm taking good care....
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Yeah, that's one of the reasons I am not dirting my planted tanks, well that and the fact I will have bottom dwellers that may mix the layers

I don't need some issues right off the bat or a cause to break down tanks so soon. I only had one tank set up long enough to get old tank syndrome, that was my 29 and I remeber it fondly (NOT AT ALL) as I had a bunch of issues with the fish and water quality.

Even if we have to take a couple hours on Sat and Sun, I don't mind. I find fish maintenance preferable to doing dishes or laundry and cleaning the house. I do enjoy the cooking and baking part of my weekend though, lol.
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Funny, for me, I will dirting all my tanks. I just didn't want to dirt the 120g showtank because it is messier sometimes, especially with bottom feeders and intricate scaping designs that tumble and tend to flatten out I find my dirted tanks are the most stable and best params by a far shot. This time I set up dirted tanks, I will be using PFS to cap with a small layer of gravel to better hold the dirt down and still have a diversity of stone size and color for a more natural look IMO.
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Welcome back! - Slaphppy7   Celebrating your amazing restoration work! - showmebutterfly   Have a Candy cane ;-) Merry Christmas - steeler58   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    Aren't tankless water heaters pricey?
    If you are getting one solely for the purpose of filling fish tanks you could get one for around the same price as a regular water heater. Expensive for one fish tank, but would be more worth it if you have a big fish room.
    "They had learned to speak, and so had won their first great victory over Time. Now the knowledge of one generation could be handed on to the next, so that each age could profit from those that had gone before." 2001: A Space Odyssey
    Arthur C. Clark

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I saw some for about 150$, but are those good enough? Idk the price of a regular water heater, or what you mean by that exactly .
    -Kat

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast