· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

2 Not allowed!
    Look at java fern, java moss, amazon swords, many of the crypts are easy beginner plants
    @Boundava and @Angelcraze are 2 of our plant gurus, they could help more than me

Espeis would do better than harleys, IMO, with a 20 tall, they're pretty much identical, but the espeis are smaller

Also look at false (green) neons, ember tetras, and some of the smaller barbs and rasboras

I'm a huge fan of the rummy nose tetras, but they need alot of lateral swimming room, not sure they'd have enough in a 20T

A single pearl gourami may work, nut I like the suggestion of the honeys, that stay a bit smaller

Depending on what fish you finally decide on, you could keep shrimp and a snail or two, also
    Last edited by Slaphppy7; 12-15-2018 at 03:59 PM.
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Good luck with the cycle! - Slaphppy7   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    The next time Im at petco, I will see if they have any of these plants for sale. As far as I know, its the only lfs that sells plants.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

3 Not allowed!
    You can order plants online, as well, lots of vendors out there

Here's a little beginner package I started out with for my 40B

https://shop.plantedaquariumscentral...kage_p_62.html

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Day 8, still no nitrites. Hopefully they show up soon!

I use a really expensive filter in our furnace here that is supposed to filter very well, I wonder if our air in the house here is just really clean and there isn't much bacteria floating around?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Nah, the bacteria is there, just give it time...temp is around 82F, air bubbler going, treated with Prime before starting, all that fun stuff?

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    Nah, the bacteria is there, just give it time...temp is around 82F, air bubbler going, treated with Prime before starting, all that fun stuff?
    Yup, was treated with prime, bubbler is going, water is at 82 degrees.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Just let her go for now

Some have had faster cycle success by introducing BB colonized media from an established tank to a new tank

You could ask for a bit of cycled media from an LFS, but the unknowns are too great for me to even consider...who knows what else is in those tanks?...pathogens, maybe?...more than likely?...probably?...who knows

If you had a fellow aquarist nearby, who has some safe, colonized media, much better

The good news is, when you set up your next tank, you'll have trusty, established media to borrow from

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    Just let her go for now
    Will do.

My lfs is kind of dirty or I would ask them.

What is the longest you guys have ever seen for nitrites to show? Just curious.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    I usually see them within 8-10 days, sometimes quicker

How about your ammonia level?...what PPM did you start with, and what does it measure now?

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I started with 2ppm and it still tests at that level.

Seems that my cycle is just taking a while to start.

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast