· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Good luck with the cycle! - Slaphppy7   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    I forgot to post the pic last night.

This test is from just now. I did not do a wc last night.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

New fish ;-) - steeler58   They got it done, yay! ;-) - Taurus   Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

1 Not allowed!
    Large WC is in order.

Are you keeping your media submerged in old tank water during water changes?

Seems like you are losing BB somehow, this tank was cycled, and you haven't overstocked with fish
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I do keep it submerged, yes. I unplug everything while I do the wc.

My media consisted of the piece of foam that came with my filter and also a bag of seachem "matrix".

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Two of the fake plants that I have in there used to be in my old ammonia with the soap in it. I put them in after you said my tank was cycled. I rinsed them really really well, is there any chance that they tainted my tank?

I just did another 60% wc.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

New fish ;-) - steeler58   They got it done, yay! ;-) - Taurus   Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    I wouldn't think so, since you rinsed really well.

You are dosing Prime for the entire tank amount at every WC, correct? (2 ml)

Check params again after 24 hours

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    You are dosing Prime for the entire tank amount at every WC, correct? (2 ml)
    Yes, 2 ml.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Any recent deaths in the tank, that may have gone unnoticed?

I highly doubt it, you've kept a keen eye on the tank, for weeks. Depending on the setup, one small death can sometimes cause serious issues, decaying flora/fauna can produce ammonia, and a new setup and cycle can be sensitive to the smallest changes in water params

Overfeeding can cause the same issues...be sure no one is "sneaking" a feed to the fish

Remind me which filter you use, is it a HOB filter?...Aquaclear or other?

Overfeeding will

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I use a seachem tidal 35 hob filter.

The tank is clean and I always pulled the dead zebra danios out as quickly as possible.

I don't think I've been overfeeding them and no one else here feeds the fish.

The only thing I can think of is my tank maybe wasn't cycled when I added my fish. I do remember reading somewhere, that someone was talking about the nitrite test, something along the lines of if your test goes dark purple and then slowly changes to blue that it was a bad test and there were nitrites present. I wish I could remember exactly what they said, but it was something along those lines. That's what my test kit was doing, making me think that my tank was not fully cycled.

My test would indeed go dark purple and then change slowly to blue, not stay blue the entire time like it did in the beginning when there was indeed zero nitrites present.

I could be completely wrong about all of that, but wanted to mention it.

I'm thinking that the tank wasn't fully cycles when I added my fish.
    Last edited by SixtyForty; 02-14-2019 at 12:37 AM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Check the expiration date on your liquid test kit

If all is good, and you are performing the tests correctly, then proceed with a fish-in cycle, as described here: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492

It shouldn't take long, but every tank is different when it comes to cycling, many factors involved.

I'm not familiar with that HOB, but many here have had great success with it...it has a sponge, do you rinse it, or just let it soak with the other media during a WC?

Do you leave the media in the filter during a WC, or remove and submerge in a bowl of tank water?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    If you haven't already, do a ph test on your tap (a 24H sample that has been reserved), and a ph test of the tank water, 24H after a WC

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415