· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Latest gifts & ribbons:

hero to a crayfish - RiversGirl   

Default Something's wrong with Sunkist!

0 Not allowed!
    Hi everyone. My guppy Sunkist didn't come for his morning feeding today (as usual) and I haven't seen him all day. I would usually take out all the decorations and do a search but I just got some danios, new guppies, and shrimp so I don't want to tear up the tank on their first day right after a stressful acclimation. Sunkist has been doing this in the past week;

Swimming vertically- sometimes upside-down

Eating well with full stomach

Pale colors

Limited activity; swimming jerk-ily

Hiding, isolating himself from the rest of the fishes and staying in one place behind a plant

There are no signs of bullying and he's quite comfortable with the other fish.
    It's better to have and not need then to need and not have; this is especially true when you're dealing with fish and you need itch medication.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I should have added this in my original post, but I forgot, and the editing window is closed; below is a picture of sunkist and a list of their new tankmates (all the other guppies and fish get along perfectly)

6 zebra Danios
    1 more guppy pair (4 total)
    3 shrimp (bloody mary, blue velvet, neon yellow)

The picture shown was before he started to get pale, but otherwise he's exactly the same.

DSCF4181 (2).jpg
    It's better to have and not need then to need and not have; this is especially true when you're dealing with fish and you need itch medication.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   My fish say thanks - KoryKat   

1 Not allowed!
    You need to feed less. I wouldn't be surprsied if the size of the stomach is messing with the swimming bladder. Mess with the swimming bladder, you get paler fish.

Stop feeding for 4-5 days and see if there is improvement.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Is Sunkist a tequila sunrise guppy? I have one too. His tail fin looks a bit nipped, maybe some of the new fish are bullying a bit? I guess the danios, but I've never kept them. I'd just make sure they aren't nipping at him (or anymore), especially while his motion is affected.

It happened to me, I overfed my angels once, and one of them was having SBDs the following day. I fasted all the fish for two days and fed sparingly for a week, isolated him in a breeder box to protect him from other angels for 12 hours, and he was fine again. It's crazy how sick they can look and pull thru the next day. Good luck with Sunkist!
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Yes, he was a tequila. And he was just healing up from a mosquito-fish picking incident.
    Sunkist hadn't eaten in about five days.
    He has passed away.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

1 Not allowed!
    Sorry for the loss.
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    I'm sorry for your loss. I don't think it was because he didn't eat though (if that's what you are thinking). He must have had an internal infection :(
    -Kat

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    No, I'm not thinking that. What kind of infection do you think it was, and will my other fish get it? I have danios and a betta in there with the gupps. Thanks for helping, everyone.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    A systematic septic infection. You don't have to worry about your other fish unless their immune is down for whatever reason. It is most probably an opportunistic bacteria that unfortunately got a hold of your guppy while he was down healing from the nipped fins :( But at least you can have some confidence it's not contagious....
    -Kat

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    What a relief!