· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Swollen eye

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on winning the DT! - Silbar   Congrats on the Platy fry - Silbar   Congrats on the shrimp! - Silbar   I loved the vid - Silbar   sfsamm - Boundava   

0 Not allowed!
    So there's really been no change in my poor Congo. The flap that looked like it was peeled back is gone and there's still no redness, swelling may have reduced a tad but that may just be wishful thinking on my part... This week's been hectic so I haven't gotten a wc on the tank since Sunday. I did manage to catch her relatively easily Saturday for a MB bath but now she's running when I open the lid at all so I've not forced another mb bath on her. To my amazement her eye although quite swollen isn't clouding over so at this point I'm somewhat hopeful that it's going to remain functional for her, but she is beginning to stay more towards the darker areas of the tank, maybe she's found comfort in them or maybe she's getting some sensitivity that the darkness helps prevent. She's still eating like a champ and appears healthy other than her eye.

It also definitely appears to be something happened to her to cause the injury and I'm beginning to wonder if the ctenopomas tried her out to see if she fits.... There's a couple platy females in there that are awaiting me to believe they're done dropping babies that are much more likely to be bite size and one was somewhat mauled a while back... But I've spied one of my ctenopomas scoping her out a couple times since she's been injured and I wonder....

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   You will win this battle against the nematodes. - RiversGirl   teacher/friend - marc4   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   

0 Not allowed!
    Oh no. That's not good about the ctenopomas, sorry to hear that. It could be they are stocking out an already wounded fish though, and not actually made a move out of no where. I don't know though. Can you put her in solitude to heal? Maybe even a divider or breeder net to protect her? My female angelfish I gave MB swabs to still hides if I have something in my hand and approach the tank too quickly. That was a month or so ago.
    Super sensitive. Hopefully she is able to rest and heal in the tank, my EB ram looked worst by now, so at least it doesn't look infected.
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat