· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Sorry, I'm out of milk...it went sour - Slaphppy7   Merry Christmas! - RiversGirl   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   

Default Guess who's getting a new heater ...

1 Not allowed!
    The ceiling heater in the cats' little house went kaput, with winter coming. We'll be installing a new one for them so they'll continue to be cozy and toasty, and their water won't freeze. What a hard life! LOL!
    20 gal. high: planted; 5 white cloud minnows, 4 golden White Clouds, several RCS, 2 blue shrimp, 5 Amano shrimp, several snails; Azoo air. 65 gal: planted; 6 rosy barbs, 6 yellow glofish, 3 red glofish, 3 zebra danios, 5 white cloud minnows, 3 dojo loaches, 6 crimson spot rainbow fish, 12 large Amano Shrimp, several snails; AC110.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

AC's defender from spammers! - Boundava   Thanks for the rep and support - Silbar   Happy Anniversary! - RiversGirl   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Not a blue one, but still a betta. Congratulations! - mermaidwannabe   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

2 Not allowed!
    Those are some spoiled felines, that is fact

Have you posted pics of the INSIDE of your cat-house yet?...I remember some outside shots...you should post a link to that thread here
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on winning the DT! - Silbar   Congrats on the Platy fry - Silbar   Congrats on the shrimp! - Silbar   I loved the vid - Silbar   sfsamm - Boundava   

0 Not allowed!
    Ooo they are spoiled kitties! I'd be interested in what you used for a heater in their house! I'll be building one for my kitty and I know when I was looking for one for the dog house a few years ago I didn't see anything I'd trust with flying fluffy kitty hairs! I am planning to build our ms pretty a cat house as she's often reluctant to come in at night (when she knows I'm closing up tight) and I always worry about her when it gets cold. She's a very fluffy lady I don't want her singed!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Sorry, I'm out of milk...it went sour - Slaphppy7   Merry Christmas! - RiversGirl   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   

0 Not allowed!
    I plan on taking some interior photos of it soon, and I shall post them once I get them stored. I would like to wait until both kitties are nestled inside on their carpeted ledges. With winter coming up, they will be spending much more time inside.
    20 gal. high: planted; 5 white cloud minnows, 4 golden White Clouds, several RCS, 2 blue shrimp, 5 Amano shrimp, several snails; Azoo air. 65 gal: planted; 6 rosy barbs, 6 yellow glofish, 3 red glofish, 3 zebra danios, 5 white cloud minnows, 3 dojo loaches, 6 crimson spot rainbow fish, 12 large Amano Shrimp, several snails; AC110.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by sfsamm View Post
    Ooo they are spoiled kitties! I'd be interested in what you used for a heater in their house! I'll be building one for my kitty and I know when I was looking for one for the dog house a few years ago I didn't see anything I'd trust with flying fluffy kitty hairs! I am planning to build our ms pretty a cat house as she's often reluctant to come in at night (when she knows I'm closing up tight) and I always worry about her when it gets cold. She's a very fluffy lady I don't want her singed!
    If you can locate the heater in the ceiling and at a considerable distance from the cat's ledges, she should be safe. The one we use is governed by a thermostat, and as long as it isn't turned up too high, the cats leave it alone. If they get too hot, and a thick-furred kitty would get warmer than a short-haired one, then they might try to paw at the heater. A log structure tends to hold onto heat pretty well, so I rarely turn the thermostat to 50 degrees F. Between the carpeted ledges and their own fur, they manage to stay pretty warm. The main function of the heater is to keep their water from freezing in its dish, so they always have a liquid supply.