· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

2 Not allowed!
    New free-float handguard arrived yesterday. Wife put her foot down and said I am not allowed to buy anything else for myself now that it is so close to Xmas haha

She doesn’t care for the fact that it's a different color than the rest of the rifle. Messes with her OCD. I like it and am thinking of painting the stock and pistol grip tungsten grey to match the handguard.

Took it to an indoor range during lunch today to test it out and I’m loving the full-length guard as opposed to the carbine-length that was originally on there. I really like the feel. Over twice as long as the old quad rail and essentially the same weight, plus it is much narrower without the side rails and therefore much easier to get a good grip around it.

C4E90622-268D-4EDF-9B6C-6A47DDB4267C.jpg

rotated.jpg
    Last edited by BluewaterBoof; 11-30-2018 at 08:40 PM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas to You and Yours! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Win or lose, here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   

0 Not allowed!
    Wow that's crazy. You'd never know it's the same rifle that started this thread. I guess now you have a modern sporting rifle?

I guess I'm curious to know how many $s you have into it now?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

0 Not allowed!
    Sorry! Totally different gun hahaha That’s my AR-15. I should have stated that in my post. I have no idea why I didn’t. That was a total brain fart on my part.

Here is my .308. The only modifications I did to it was put a stronger scope and a sling on it, and wrap it with camo. I’ll be taking it elk hunting next month so I’m excited to bring it out in the field.

D1C1B785-F650-4178-B752-4A214C68EFA9.jpg

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas to You and Yours! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Win or lose, here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by BluewaterBoof View Post
    Sorry! Totally different gun hahaha That’s my AR-15. I should have stated that in my post..
    ...hey, I was about to ask if you could turn that thing into a 9mm next...now that would be an engineering marvel.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    You mean like this?

B37653EC-94AF-4F20-9657-91530DD554D2.jpg

AR is an incredibly versatile weapons system. The modular platform can accommodate whatever you wish. There is even a .50cal upper assembly, which is nicknamed Beowulf.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Great job on the dentist's tank! - Slaphppy7   Congrats on 3,000, have an oyster! (?) - Slaphppy7   For giving your daughter a tank, scaping rights included! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by BluewaterBoof View Post
    There is even a .50cal upper assembly, which is nicknamed Beowulf.
    Beowulf!

A January elk hunt? Interesting. Most of the animals up here would be in fairly poor shape by that time of year; probably wouldn't want to eat them.

Looks like that .308 shoves you around pretty good. My .270 makes me sore after a while. I like to think it's because I have really bony shoulders. I'm getting a butt pad put on it for Christmas.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah, I'm going with my uncle. He wants to go this month but I just can't get away from work during December.

The .308 has some pretty good recoil, but it isn't too bad. I shoulder it below the collar bone, so it is my pec that takes the brunt of the impact. My pec is a little tender the next day after shooting the rifle but nothing to write home about. If I shouldered it high like I do my AR I'd probably cry like a baby after a dozen shots haha

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhistlingBadger View Post
    Beowulf! :hmm3grin2orange :
    I'd love to have one.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Great job on the dentist's tank! - Slaphppy7   Congrats on 3,000, have an oyster! (?) - Slaphppy7   For giving your daughter a tank, scaping rights included! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   

1 Not allowed!
    That looks like a fun weapon! I have a friend who has a Barrett light .50 (he's a police sniper with a federal firearms license--he has lots of "interesting" weaponry) he's offered to let me shoot. I'd just have to pay for the ammo. Hm, take the wife out for dinner, or blow the crap out of a few milk jugs. Same approximate cost!