· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas! - RiversGirl   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   First round is on me, Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy late B-day to you ;-) - steeler58   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by BluewaterBoof View Post
    I wish we had one of those fancier ranges with the trenches/tunnels.
    Yeah, I hear you but that kind of stuff would probably come at a higher cost. Now having said that it's probably worth it in convenience and safety. Some of the rifles that are coming right from the factory are modern engineering marvels coupled with new manufacturing techniques which make them affordable.

Enjoy the resources that you have available my friend. I wish I had access to a couple of them here.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on winning the DT! - Silbar   Congrats on the Platy fry - Silbar   Congrats on the shrimp! - Silbar   I loved the vid - Silbar   sfsamm - Boundava   

1 Not allowed!
    I've always lived so rural that I have ranch ranges and county ranges. Everyone is generally pleasant and patient and most of them have a "road" to drive down to retrieve or check targets lol. You all are so fancy!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas! - Boundava   Merry Christmas - steeler58   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurus View Post
    Some of the rifles that are coming right from the factory are modern engineering marvels coupled with new manufacturing techniques which make them affordable.
    Yup. Mine cost me less than $300 brand new, and that is including after taxes and FFL dealer fee. Granted, if I had opted for the walnut stock as opposed to the synthetic one, it would have bumped up the price a few hundred dollars, but still. The cheap rifles of today are pretty close to performing as well as the exotics of yesteryear.

Quote Originally Posted by sfsamm View Post
    I've always lived so rural that I have ranch ranges and county ranges. Everyone is generally pleasant and patient and most of them have a "road" to drive down to retrieve or check targets lol. You all are so fancy!
    The indoor range is privately owned and has a much more urban feel. You walk in and it is a gun shop first, focusing a lot on assault rifles, ammo, and accessories. Electronic registration, waivers, all those sorts of things. The outdoor range is operated by the city and definitely a more rural experience. Once you hit the city limits it's still a good 10-15min drive down some lonely highways out into the middle of the desert. Bathroom and office are located in a small portable. Nothing for sale on site except for packets of ear plugs and paper targets for those who don't bring their own.

My grandfather used to have farms when he was alive and some of my fondest memories are of when we would go out to visit and just enjoy each other's company while plinking with his little arsenal that he had.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's a betta for you. - Slaphppy7   For your oscar heimlich rescue :) - BluewaterBoof   

1 Not allowed!
    I have not gone shooting in a while and do not own any firearms anymore except a couple of my dads 22's. but your comment about bringing extra ear plugs for the patrons around you reminded me that I used to stick cigarette butts in my ears for hearing protection. of course this was out in the boonies and not at a range.
    Brian

I wish I had a Fish Wish Dish.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas! - Boundava   Merry Christmas - steeler58   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by bpete View Post
    ...I used to stick cigarette butts in my ears for hearing protection.
    Hahaha that's awesome. I miss the habit but glad I was able to give it up after 20yrs. I've used wadded up moist tissue for makeshift earplugs, but never thought to use my butts.

This fella will always bring me a smile when I think of all his zany antics like what he used for hearing protection. RIP R. Lee Ermey.

2h30rur.jpg

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on winning the DT! - Silbar   Congrats on the Platy fry - Silbar   Congrats on the shrimp! - Silbar   I loved the vid - Silbar   sfsamm - Boundava   

1 Not allowed!
    Ohhhh lord. I remember that guy on TV I didn't know he'd passed RIP. And cigarette Burts for earplugs just about bust a stitch on that I can't imagine doing that... It's a habit I have almost been rid of on several occasions and it sneaks back around, I have quite shook it off yet but I keep trying. Figure every one I skip or every day I make it through even when they get sporadic or far apart is just more convincing for me to get it behind me once and for all... Started when I was 11, it's made for a tough habit it kick and keep kicked... Like a ball coming back down a hill and so far I can't outrun it lol, need to find me an ally to let it pass one of these tries.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Aaaawwww yeah!!!!! Going out tomorrow morning and having some fun! Excited to try out this budget ammo.

E8403EC4-1DC1-4149-8247-D3F00DC7EF1E.jpg

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    The PPU ammo was ok but I found that the rifle likes Federal 180gr Power Shok rounds much more. Works for me since I can get 20-round boxes of the stuff for $11 at Walmart. Was putting 1.25" groups @100yds with a hot barrel and a scope that wasn't fully zeroed, so I was pretty happy with that.

I get a lot of muzzle flip with the rifle. It wants to move sideways on me with each shot and is difficult for me to keep sight picture. I've been told that this is due to a combination of the light synthetic stock and the bipod not being supported, but I'm sure at least part of the issue is the way I'm bracing and lined up with the rifle. Whatever the cause, it's making it necessary to have to re-position the rifle after I send each round. I finally received some front and rear bag rests on Wednesday so I'm itching to see what kind of difference it makes using the bags as opposed to the bipod.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    I've always had good luck with Federal also! When I go plinking it's usually what I use as the price is right and I can get just about any round I want fairly easily.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah I like it a lot. Federal makes some pretty good stuff. For plinking with my 5.56 you can't really go wrong with their 100-round .223 value packs at Walmart. I grabbed a couple boxes the other day at $30 each. Put a big grin on my face.