· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on 3,000, have an oyster! (?) - Slaphppy7   For giving your daughter a tank, scaping rights included! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   sorry to hear about your knee. since you dont drink herea a slice - bpete   

Default Farlowella with angels?

0 Not allowed!
    Hi, kids. Anybody keep Farlowella/twig cats? I hear they're pretty shy; would a couple of them do OK in a 29g with a couple angelfish?

Background to this question: I want some algae eaters of some sort in my Orinoco/Rio Negro tank. BN plecos don't come from that region, and the rubberlip types need a lot more movement than I want. I like ottos and I kept them for a long time, but I gave up on them because the last several batches from the LFS were so starved that they didn't make it long.

Opinions on farlowellas? Any other options I'm missing?

Thanks!

Thomas

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    My friend had some whiptails in his tank for a little bit. He didn't keep them because they just sat around all day in the sand, but he would trade fish all the time, something I don't do myself. Also, all catfish (except some corydora types) are primarily nocturnal anyway. I think the angels would leave them alone after they initially check them out if that's what you were wondering. Maybe someone here knows more about them, but I think that's a cool catfish to keep. I didn't know they were algae eaters!
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on 3,000, have an oyster! (?) - Slaphppy7   For giving your daughter a tank, scaping rights included! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   sorry to hear about your knee. since you dont drink herea a slice - bpete   

1 Not allowed!
    Thanks! Rachel says they're pretty sedentary, but still extremely cool. Camo fish. :)

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Well, they are quite skinny, I suppose it really depends on your angels' personalities, but mine leave amano shrimp alone, so I would try them with my angels. I read they are sensitive and don't do well with large WCs, so not for my tanks if that's the case. I like the temperature they prefer and the fact that they eat algae, even filamentous! Don't know how they would eat it though if it wasn't right in their faces?
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Wishing You A Happy New Year!!! - Jill   Happy New year - Celtic Fins   May the Anti troll force be with you. - Celtic Fins   2001 posts! - Northernguy   For your helpful fry advice - Cliff   

1 Not allowed!
    I've never kept those myself, but I do have a couple whiptail cats in my 220. I've had them for years, one even outlived my 20+ year old featherfin Synodontis catfish. They never bother other fish, and generally seem to be ignored while they do their own thing.

^^^Please click the eggs/dragons, thanks...^^^

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons: