· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Default Baby Green terror, Oscar, Flowerhorn unable to eat medium Bio+ pallets.

0 Not allowed!
    I need to know why my Green terror, Oscars, Flowerhorn and African cichileds (No fish is bigger than 3.5 inch) aren't able to eat Medium pallets of Hikari bio+.
    They gulp it and then throw it out.

I crush those pallets before feeding but still they aren't able to eat it.

Please let me know what can be done.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   My fish say thanks - KoryKat   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by AnimalLover90 View Post
    I need to know why my Green terror, Oscars, Flowerhorn and African cichileds (No fish is bigger than 3.5 inch) aren't able to eat Medium pallets of Hikari bio+.
    They gulp it and then throw it out.

I crush those pallets before feeding but still they aren't able to eat it.

Please let me know what can be done.
    It's still too large for their throats to crush and swallow. Just because it fits in their mouths doesn't mean they can swallow it. Get a smaller sized pellet. They should be able to swallow small sized Hikari pellets or 2mm size pellets.

I don't advise soaking the pellets because it would decrease its nutritional value

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocksor View Post
    It's still too large for their throats to crush and swallow. Just because it fits in their mouths doesn't mean they can swallow it. Get a smaller sized pellet. They should be able to swallow small sized Hikari pellets or 2mm size pellets.

I don't advise soaking the pellets because it would decrease its nutritional value
    1) Would that be softer to crush? Because I'm already crushing it for them.
    Its a 250gm pack and kinda costly, i wouldn't want to waste it.

2) However, if you think it still won't work, then I'll go for tetra bits. They love it but I'm not sure if it's as effective as bio+

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   My fish say thanks - KoryKat   

0 Not allowed!
    1) Would that be softer to crush? Because I'm already crushing it for them.
    Its a 250gm pack and kinda costly, i wouldn't want to waste it.

2) However, if you think it still won't work, then I'll go for tetra bits. They love it but I'm not sure if it's as effective as bio+
    Try the tetra bits if you have it already, and the bio+ pellets for when they are bigger. I've never had an oscar or GT refuse the correct size bio+ pellets.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocksor View Post
    Try the tetra bits if you have it already, and the bio+ pellets for when they are bigger. I've never had an oscar or GT refuse the correct size bio+ pellets.
    Hmm even I'm wondering what's wrong with those pellets. They are not refusing to eat it, they aren't able to chew it in to their stomach.

Tbh these are so hard that I'm unable to crush some of those with my thumb.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   

0 Not allowed!
    Could you partly dissolve some of those pellets in a small cup of tank water, then pour the whole thing back into the tank to feed them? They should be able to handle the partly dissolved pieces. If you do this, be sure to use only your own tank's water in the cup. I do this to soften and break up algae pellets for my fish.
    20 gal. high: planted; 5 white cloud minnows, 4 golden White Clouds, several RCS, 2 blue shrimp, 5 Amano shrimp, several snails; Azoo air. 65 gal: planted; 6 rosy barbs, 6 yellow glofish, 3 red glofish, 3 zebra danios, 5 white cloud minnows, 3 dojo loaches, 6 crimson spot rainbow fish, 12 large Amano Shrimp, several snails; AC110.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mermaidwannabe View Post
    Could you partly dissolve some of those pellets in a small cup of tank water, then pour the whole thing back into the tank to feed them? They should be able to handle the partly dissolved pieces. If you do this, be sure to use only your own tank's water in the cup. I do this to soften and break up algae pellets for my fish.
    Yes, that's what I'm thinking as well. I'll try it.

Can you guys tell me if the pallets supposed to be that hard? I'm wondering if I've got genuine bio+ from Amazon.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Yes, that's what I'm thinking as well. I'll try it.

Can you guys tell me if the pallets supposed to be that hard? I'm wondering if I've got genuine bio+ from Amazon.
    Yes they are supposed to be hard. You can hear fish crush them when they are able to do so.