· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No arowanas or bichirs in the shop, so have a gourami instead - Slaphppy7   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Congratulations on winning POTM! - BluewaterBoof   

Default Favourite anabatoids?

3 Not allowed!
    Just curious of what the favourite species of everyone here are.

Mine is of course my red tail giant gourami.
    giantgourami.jpg

My second choice would have to be the Kingsley Ctenopoma. Basically a giant Leopard Ctenopoma minus the spotting. And then sizing down much smaller, the licorice gourami would be my third choice.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Looking forward to keeping the licorice gourami, sparkling gourami and the Valiant Chocolate/Samurai gourami in the future. I currently have some honey and pearls, and a banded/"giant" gourami and just love them. Also will be (hopefully-if available) adding some Betta imbellis, Betta mahachaiensis and Betta foerschi.

BTW your giant is absolutely stunning. He has to have such a great personality.
    Last edited by Boundava; 10-17-2018 at 01:21 PM.
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No arowanas or bichirs in the shop, so have a gourami instead - Slaphppy7   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Congratulations on winning POTM! - BluewaterBoof   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boundava View Post
    Looking forward to keeping the licorice gourami, sparkling gourami and the Valiant Chocolate/Samurai gourami in the future. I currently have some honey and pearls, and a banded/"giant" gourami and just love them. Also will be (hopefully-if available) adding some Betta imbellis, Betta mahachaiensis and Betta foerschi.

BTW your giant is absolutely stunning. He has to have such a great personality.
    Oh true, the samurai gourami is stunning too! We have most of these species at my work, so I get to appreciate them without having to take them home. Which is good for my home life haha

Thanks! And no, he's actually terrified of me because a year ago he jumped out of the tank during maintenance and thinks I hurt him ��

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you!  Miss you at the forum. - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   
    Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Silbar   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Silbar   Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - Silbar   

4 Not allowed!
    What is with everybody here posting FANTASTIC pics in the month where there is NO POTM???????
    Sil's 2nd Time Around 75G...Journal
    Sil's 75G...Journal
    Sil's 20L...Journal
    Sil's 10G...Journal

RIP Deb, we miss you.

Real courage is moving forward when the outcome is uncertain~~Fortune Cookie

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Silbar View Post
    What is with everybody here posting FANTASTIC pics in the month where there is NO POTM???????
    Second time called out for not using a picture for POTM, I really should enter...

Thanks!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by datfish View Post
    Second time called out for not using a picture for POTM, I really should enter...

Thanks!
    Yes you should! But unfortunately POTM is cancelled for the month of October. November! Would love to see you enter :)
    I've never kept an anabatoid fish :(
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by datfish View Post
    Oh true, the samurai gourami is stunning too! We have most of these species at my work, so I get to appreciate them without having to take them home. Which is good for my home life haha

Thanks! And no, he's actually terrified of me because a year ago he jumped out of the tank during maintenance and thinks I hurt him ��
    Wow, you work in a fish store, how fun. I haven't seen these guys locally-will have to order them online whenever I am set up for them.
    Ouch-too bad with your beautiful giant, I hope you can try to tempt him by feeding him some treats, either from hand or tongs. I have my goldfish and other gouramis trained to come up to hand or tongs. Sister has a pea puffer and she knows us or tongs means num time. Sometimes she is disappointed as its only maintenance time Sometimes she is so disappointed (=MAD) she will try to bite the python... that's why her name is Diva.
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by angelcraze2 View Post
    Yes you should! But unfortunately POTM is cancelled for the month of October. November! Would love to see you enter :)
    I've never kept an anabatoid fish :(
    I will enter November.

That's genuinely impressive that you've never kept a betta.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Impressive? No I don't think so lol. Pathetic is more like it. I actually just got my first guppy as a baby plant hitchhiker a few months ago lol. He's a tequila sunrise guppy in a sweeet planted 5.5g pad.
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boundava View Post
    Wow, you work in a fish store, how fun. I haven't seen these guys locally-will have to order them online whenever I am set up for them.
    Ouch-too bad with your beautiful giant, I hope you can try to tempt him by feeding him some treats, either from hand or tongs. I have my goldfish and other gouramis trained to come up to hand or tongs. Sister has a pea puffer and she knows us or tongs means num time. Sometimes she is disappointed as its only maintenance time Sometimes she is so disappointed (=MAD) she will try to bite the python... that's why her name is Diva.
    I work at one of the biggest in Canada and spend all my paycheque there

He'll come take treats and food, but he still ducks away even if I walk by the bedroom. It's been slowly getting better, but it is frustrating that this fish has such good memory.

Puffers are such a good time, I always enjoy hearing stories about them!