· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Betta Rescue

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   

2 Not allowed!
    That little fishy is going to have a peaches and cream life from now on. What are you feeding her? I'll bet she was pretty hungry when she was rescued.
    20 gal. high: planted; 5 white cloud minnows, 4 golden White Clouds, several RCS, 2 blue shrimp, 5 Amano shrimp, several snails; Azoo air. 65 gal: planted; 6 rosy barbs, 6 yellow glofish, 3 red glofish, 3 zebra danios, 5 white cloud minnows, 3 dojo loaches, 6 crimson spot rainbow fish, 12 large Amano Shrimp, several snails; AC110.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

2 Not allowed!
    Great job on this rescue! You and Lauren did a fabulous job! Peaches is one fortunate fish.

It's wonderful that you and Lauren could spend some quality time together. That is a treasure.
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

4 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mermaidwannabe View Post
    That little fishy is going to have a peaches and cream life from now on. What are you feeding her? I'll bet she was pretty hungry when she was rescued.
    I hope so!...right now, we are feeding her sparingly, since we are doing a fish-in cycle...she has taken everything we've given her (she goes crazy over the Bug Bites, but those I consider a once-a-week treat)...she surprised me last night though, she showed no interest in a Hihari Carnivore pellet, which all of the rest of my fish (and snails ans shrimp) love, so that was king of puzzling

Quote Originally Posted by RiversGirl View Post
    Great job on this rescue! You and Lauren did a fabulous job! Peaches is one fortunate fish.

It's wonderful that you and Lauren could spend some quality time together. That is a treasure.
    Thanks so much Rivers, it was an unexpected rescue, but we've had fun with it

Got some plants in last night, I let Lauren scape/plant like she wished...she wanted a nice big piece of botanical in there, it will go in that open left back corner, as soon as it sinks...here's a short vid of the results...water still cloudy from stirring up the sand, and the bacteria bloom continues, as well

10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

2 Not allowed!
    Lookin' good!
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

1 Not allowed!
    Thanks Rivers...I know we'll get some melting, but hopefully some new growth, as well

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you!  Miss you at the forum. - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   
    Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Silbar   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Silbar   Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - Silbar   

3 Not allowed!
    I like it a lot...very Zen and peaceful. You both did a great job.
    Sil's 2nd Time Around 75G...Journal
    Sil's 75G...Journal
    Sil's 20L...Journal
    Sil's 10G...Journal

RIP Deb, we miss you.

Real courage is moving forward when the outcome is uncertain~~Fortune Cookie

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Nice Matt and Lauren! I could be wrong, but I think Bug Bites are ok for juvenile fish. I know it was the green peas that can cause digestive issues long term. Actually, @Rocksor, what do you think? Still once a week?

Actually, my LFS is getting in a formula made by North Fin that contains black soldier fly larvae as a main ingredient without the green peas. I'm excited to try it!
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by angelcraze2 View Post
    Actually, my LFS is getting in a formula made by North Fin that contains black soldier fly larvae as a main ingredient without the green peas. I'm excited to try it!
    That sounds interesting. Please do let us know when you get it.
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Thanks Sil & Kat, much appreciated

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by RiversGirl View Post
    That sounds interesting. Please do let us know when you get it.
    I will! But don't wait for me, sometimes i'm slow and idk when they were getting it in.

I think this must be it!

The vid takes a while to get started, but her cichlid tank is impressive!
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast