· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Slap's QT

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boundava View Post
    Has the little one flared at anything, that would be a dead giveaway as to a little man.

Attachment 56700
    It did attack the antenna of the snail, which had to be removed. That suggests male, to me.
    20 gal. high: planted; 5 white cloud minnows, 4 golden White Clouds, several RCS, 2 blue shrimp, 5 Amano shrimp, several snails; Azoo air. 65 gal: planted; 6 rosy barbs, 6 yellow glofish, 3 red glofish, 3 zebra danios, 5 white cloud minnows, 3 dojo loaches, 6 crimson spot rainbow fish, 12 large Amano Shrimp, several snails; AC110.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   Thanks for the feedback, have a hot dog, LOL - Slaphppy7   

3 Not allowed!
    I have a male and female plakat right now and I would bet money that Tony would ignore the mystery snail (if I had one left) while Artemis would eat its antenna to stubs, she is such a feisty girl.
    75 Gourami/Eel tank
    Fish room-Astt tanks;all sizes

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Belated Birthday! - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

5 Not allowed!
    Sorry ladies, work has been super busy this morning, just now getting a chance to peek back in for a minute.

Thank you for all of the compliments and praise, I do believe Fate stepped in and had this little fish "find" us...Lauren knows how I feel about fish, and I hope I've instilled a little bit of that care in her, too...even though she's a teenager now and has other interests, she still has a special place for fish...we had so much fun last night setting up the tank together, it's been a while since we spent that much time together over the hobby

Anyhow, here's he/she checking out his/her reflection (I guess), because there was nothing else going on that I could see on that end of the tank...everything was fine this morning too, it was healthier looking and very active

10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   Thanks for the feedback, have a hot dog, LOL - Slaphppy7   

3 Not allowed!
    That seems to be a feisty girl, no real flaring-just a little flash of gill membrane. Look at her go! A real cutie, nice save and I glad you two got to spend some time together getting this one all set up.
    75 Gourami/Eel tank

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Belated Birthday! - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

2 Not allowed!
    Thank you Nat, Lauren will be glad to hear she's a female...our first for a betta

Funny, Lauren wanted to name her "Peaches" and the yellow mystery snail "Cream", lol....but Peaches was nibbling at the Cream too much, lol

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

3 Not allowed!
    Yeah, some fish just won't leave the mystery snails antennae alone. Bettas are notorious either because they are bettas or because they are bored and its a tasty distraction.

Thinking of fish and antennae, I have to see if the goldies are eating the trapdoor's antennae-they have such beautiful long ones and I haven't seen them out and about in a while. Those fish have gotten so big even in the pretty cold waters.
    75 Gourami/Eel tank

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    See, I had 2 different males in the past, in a tank full of mystery snails, and they never bothered them once...strange, I guess it's a personality thing

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Yup, like I said earlier Tony would not bother mystery snails. He has really mellowed to the point I probably could put him with some shrimp and he would more than likely leave 'em be. Now given my past history with betta (boys and girls) and shrimp-I would only use culls, lol.
    75 Gourami/Eel tank

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

4 Not allowed!
    That's so nice to read, you two saved a betta fish and got to spend some quality time together. I have a strong desire to spend time with my father, I have to see him too, I used to enjoy building stuff with him. Your betta is looking so great now, so nice to see him/her enjoying the new castle :)

I am not versed with bettas either, but from all the pics I've seen, it looks like a female, so slender, especially the face. Such a beautiful vibrant blue, very very nice addition to the Slaphppy residence haha :)

Regarding antennas and fish. Even my angelfish are biting at the ramhorns antennas when I went to feed the assassins. I had to turn out the lights because I don't want the angels tormenting them before the assassins do. Don't like to it, but the ramshorn situation gets out of hand in the pleco tank for some reason. I think it's all the veggie based foods. Other tanks can't keep them.
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Get a pea puffer and you have free food for life for the little puffer, lol.
    75 Gourami/Eel tank

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room

DebinWhitmore

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast