· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For luck with your son's recovery - Slaphppy7   Healing prayers for Henry - RiversGirl   DIY water chnager, nice job! - Slaphppy7   My heart goes out to you and your little boy.  He is so strong and so are you. - angelcraze2   Healing prayers for little Henry (superman) - Silbar   
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Mspringer   Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Mspringer   Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Mspringer   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    I would have them at opposite ends of the tank.

You'll just have to play with the flow until you like the results
    Unfortunately the hood is not designed to have them at opposite ends. I already cut the opening larger where they are in order to get them to both fit.
    ~Pray for Henry~

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   You will win this battle against the nematodes. - RiversGirl   teacher/friend - marc4   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   

1 Not allowed!
    I add filter output baffles if the flow is too much for my calm water loving fishies. Like the middle of a plastic water bottle cut to the length of your output flap with a slit cut all the way thru. Then you just stretch it over your filter and the water pours out both sides instead out straight out.

Look up filter baffles on YouTube
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For luck with your son's recovery - Slaphppy7   Healing prayers for Henry - RiversGirl   DIY water chnager, nice job! - Slaphppy7   My heart goes out to you and your little boy.  He is so strong and so are you. - angelcraze2   Healing prayers for little Henry (superman) - Silbar   
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Mspringer   Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Mspringer   Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Mspringer   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by angelcraze2 View Post
    I add filter output baffles if the flow is too much for my calm water loving fishies. Like the middle of a plastic water bottle cut to the length of your output flap with a slit cut all the way thru. Then you just stretch it over your filter and the water pours out both sides instead out straight out.

My fish seem fine I just know that serpae are supposed to like calm water. About half the tank is calm anyway even with the flow wide open on both of the filters right now. And I have the other reduced down to half which in theory I'm an aqua clear filter has no impact to the filtering
    ~Pray for Henry~

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by angelcraze2 View Post

You should post a picture of this sometime
    ~Pray for Henry~

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   You will win this battle against the nematodes. - RiversGirl   teacher/friend - marc4   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   

2 Not allowed!
    I actually do something different because I like the output to flow across the surface instead of straight down. The fish can stay lower where the flow isn't as much. It still gets flow tho because the water rolls around the tank sides, it's just not as strong. Also, the food I put on the water surface gets pushed around making it look better to the tetras (like live food).
    20181011_141723.jpg
    It's a cleaned out cut up juice jug. It's ugly tho, I just taped it together, it's my permanent QT tank in the spare bedroom. I'd put more effort into the aesthetics if it was a showtank.

Here's a vid for making a baffle
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat