Aquarium Forum
 


Menu
  · Tropical Fish Home
· Fish News
· Aquarium Forum
· Calculators
· Free Aquarium Ebook
· Feedback
· Photo gallery
· Plant species
· Tropica Plant DB
Tropical fish species
· By Common name
· By Scientific name
Tropical Marine fish
· By Common name
· By Scientific name

Articles
  · African Cichlids
· Algae Control
· Aquarium Decoration
· Aquarium Resources
· Aquatic Plants
· Barb Fish
· Betta Fish
· Breeding Fish
· Catfish
· Central American Cichlids
· Cichlids
· Clownfish
· Corals
· Corydoras Catfish
· Discus Fish
· Dwarf Cichlids
· Fish Diseases
· Frogs and Turtles
· Goby Fish
· Goldfish
· Gourami
· Invertebrates
· Jellyfish
· Killiefish
· Lake Victoria Cichlids
· Livebearers
· Malawi Cichlids
· Marine Aquariums
· Marine Aquarium Fish
· Other Fish
· Pleco
· Predatory Fish
· Photography
· Pond Fish
· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 29 of 29
  1. #21

    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    northern IL
    Posts
    982

    Awards Showcase

    Latest gifts & ribbons:

    Congrats on cycling your tank! - Silbar   Thanks! - Boundava   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   
    Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - KENR   

    Default


    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by discuspaul View Post
    Diamond's music was not pop, or jazz, or anything else but rock.
    Keep in mind he received a Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award for rock music.
    Jethro Tull also won a Grammy over Metallica and ACDC For best hard rock/metal performance in 1989. That dont even show any hard rock/metal awards now, so the Grammys pretty much suck IMO.
    If it's too loud you're too old
    If it's too fast then it must be thrash

  2. #22

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Gods Country, Eastern High Sierras, California
    Posts
    17,489

    Awards Showcase

    Latest gifts & ribbons:

    To new fish! - Slaphppy7   Second round ;) - Slaphppy7   It's a hot toddy. - Taurus   Here's to the "blue ribbon" tetra! - Slaphppy7   Hope you had a happy birthday! We are both March babies :) - discusluv   
    Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Slaphppy7   

    Default


    1 Not allowed!
    I was thinking of Ozzy too because of longevity and what he's put himself through, also been a solo artist for much of his career after being booted from Sabbath, definitely in the 'rock" category.
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

    Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.” ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep

  3. #23

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Gods Country, Eastern High Sierras, California
    Posts
    17,489

    Awards Showcase

    Latest gifts & ribbons:

    To new fish! - Slaphppy7   Second round ;) - Slaphppy7   It's a hot toddy. - Taurus   Here's to the "blue ribbon" tetra! - Slaphppy7   Hope you had a happy birthday! We are both March babies :) - discusluv   
    Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Slaphppy7   

    Default


    2 Not allowed!
    Nobody mentioned Clapton.........he fits well in this discussion IMO. He is the only three-time inductee to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

    Last edited by steeler58; 10-09-2018 at 10:34 PM.
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

    Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.” ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep

  4. #24

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Southeast Texas
    Posts
    51,594

    Awards Showcase

    Latest gifts & ribbons:

    Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

    Default


    3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by discuspaul View Post
    P.S. And he is an inductee in The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame
    In my personal opinion, "Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame" is the biggest (and worst) misnomer I know...it should be called "Music Hall of Fame", because there's so many inductees (again, in my opinion) that didn't/couldn't/wouldn't play what I consider "rock and roll"...for example, see here...Janet Jackson, a "rock and roll" artist???...seriously???....https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/09/enter...ees/index.html

    I was born in '63, so maybe some age bias there, but still...c'mon...

    Here's another "take" on the subject: https://www.ranker.com/list/most-und...f-fame/rockboy

    Quote Originally Posted by bpete View Post
    one thing I have noticed while trying to think about this is many do not fall into any one category. it is kind of like when someone asks me what or who my favorite band, guitarist, album etc. it come down to what genre and even what day you are asking. example. many say Jimmi Hendrix is the best guitarist. well that all depends on what you are after. there are so many greats in all genre. many that folks have mentioned about being the most iconic are nowhere near my favorites but there is no arguing the impact many have had on music.
    Excellent points, agree 100%

    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey nut View Post
    Jethro Tull also won a Grammy over Metallica and ACDC For best hard rock/metal performance in 1989. That dont even show any hard rock/metal awards now, so the Grammys pretty much suck IMO.
    I remember the controversy over that, stunning

    Quote Originally Posted by steeler58 View Post
    Nobody mentioned Clapton.........he fits well in this discussion IMO. He is the only three-time inductee to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

    NOW we're talking!!

    That's all I have to say on the subject, as civil as I could be to convey my feelings on the subject...

    Paul, thanks for the interesting conversation
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

    “If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

  5. #25

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Surrey, B.C., Canada
    Posts
    219

    Awards Showcase

    Latest gifts & ribbons:

    welcome to the community! - mojosodope   Welcome to AC - you have some great discus photos! - ~firefly~   Great advice you have Judi ;-) - steeler58   

    Default


    1 Not allowed!
    Yes, there are many different opinions out there - some based on logic, fact, and/or real life knowledge & experiences, and some not so much so.

    All I will add to this discussion is that I feel the words "...... of all time" - convey & mean to me, to comprise the very things that Neil Diamond has amply demonstrated in abundance, around the world, to many 100's of thousands of fans, regularly, for over 50 years - and that is to wow audiences that have been comprised of people of all ages over the time - youngsters (yes, even teeners, as well as persons of my generation), from his public singing start around 1964 to his last appearance at the L.A. Dolby theatre on July 14, 2018 (at the age of 77, just before his diagnosis of having Parkinson's disease), where he sang 'I'm a Believer', and 'Sweet Caroline' to a packed house of young & old, in a strong voice just about as well as he did in his 20's.

    That to me is 'living legend iconic', and in my opinion surpasses what has been accomplished by the others mentioned in this thread. That's my take, and I stick with it.

  6. #26

    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    utah
    Posts
    495

    Awards Showcase

    Latest gifts & ribbons:

    Here's a betta for you. - Slaphppy7   For your oscar heimlich rescue :) - BluewaterBoof   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Clapton and BB King for sure. Anyone see the documentary,Life of Riley?
    Brian

    I wish I had a Fish Wish Dish.

  7. #27

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Southeast Texas
    Posts
    51,594

    Awards Showcase

    Latest gifts & ribbons:

    Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by discuspaul View Post
    Yes, there are many different opinions out there - some based on logic, fact, and/or real life knowledge & experiences, and some not so much so.

    All I will add to this discussion is that I feel the words "...... of all time" - convey & mean to me, to comprise the very things that Neil Diamond has amply demonstrated in abundance, around the world, to many 100's of thousands of fans, regularly, for over 50 years - and that is to wow audiences that have been comprised of people of all ages over the time - youngsters (yes, even teeners, as well as persons of my generation), from his public singing start around 1964 to his last appearance at the L.A. Dolby theatre on July 14, 2018 (at the age of 77, just before his diagnosis of having Parkinson's disease), where he sang 'I'm a Believer', and 'Sweet Caroline' to a packed house of young & old, in a strong voice just about as well as he did in his 20's.

    That to me is 'living legend iconic', and in my opinion surpasses what has been accomplished by the others mentioned in this thread. That's my take, and I stick with it.
    Understood...the man is indeed a musical icon, I agree...he happens to be my mom's favorite musician, as a matter of fact

    A "rock" icon, I disagree...if by "rock", we mean "rock and roll", which I assume are one and the same, he's not a "rock" star....once again, just my opinion
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

    “If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

  8. #28

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Surrey, B.C., Canada
    Posts
    219

    Awards Showcase

    Latest gifts & ribbons:

    welcome to the community! - mojosodope   Welcome to AC - you have some great discus photos! - ~firefly~   Great advice you have Judi ;-) - steeler58   

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    Understood...the man is indeed a musical icon, I agree...he happens to be my mom's favorite musician, as a matter of fact

    A "rock" icon, I disagree...if by "rock", we mean "rock and roll", which I assume are one and the same, he's not a "rock" star....once again, just my opinion
    OK, so now we're splitting hairs about the words 'rock' and 'rock & roll', and you saying he's not a 'rock' star ?-
    pretty weak in my view. If he's not a 'rock star', then what the hell is he ? A 'pop star' - a soft rock singer ? - what ? - give me a break !

    Give me stats - facts & figures, time frames, whatever, on any other single singer named herein who has surpassed what Diamond has accomplished in his lifetime of singing - that is longer, better regarded & followed by more people , and more convincing of what Diamond has done to be called 'the living legend male icon singer of all time'. You'd never convince me there's someone else - not from Elvis to Elton !

  9. #29

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Southeast Texas
    Posts
    51,594

    Awards Showcase

    Latest gifts & ribbons:

    Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

    Default


    2 Not allowed!
    Again, it's all about personal opinion, and musically, that is a very subjective matter

    This thread has taken a "dramatic" turn, I feel it's best to be closed now.
    Last edited by Slaphppy7; 10-10-2018 at 03:12 PM.
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

    “If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •