· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No arowanas or bichirs in the shop, so have a gourami instead - Slaphppy7   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nautilus291 View Post
    Seems to be, hard to tell because the house temperature is so close.

I cranked the thermostat up and it started acting up. Here's a video. It seems to me like the thermostat is broken,. What are your thoughts?

If it turns out to be the thermostat, try adding this. At any rate, it certainly looks like something is stalling out or failing to make a connection.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you!  Miss you at the forum. - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   
    Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Silbar   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Silbar   Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - Silbar   

0 Not allowed!
    Do you have a controller connected to the hydor?
    Sil's 2nd Time Around 75G...Journal
    Sil's 75G...Journal
    Sil's 20L...Journal
    Sil's 10G...Journal

RIP Deb, we miss you.

Real courage is moving forward when the outcome is uncertain~~Fortune Cookie

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Welcome back! - Slaphppy7   Celebrating your amazing restoration work! - showmebutterfly   Have a Candy cane ;-) Merry Christmas - steeler58   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Silbar View Post
    Do you have a controller connected to the hydor?
    No i just have it plugged into an outlet.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    There's always been good water flow through it?

And of course, it's always off when the filter isn't running?
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Welcome back! - Slaphppy7   Celebrating your amazing restoration work! - showmebutterfly   Have a Candy cane ;-) Merry Christmas - steeler58   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Oh no,. My acara is acting really strange... I'm not sure if it is related or not though. She is just half laying on the bottom with her fins all the way out. She will move around the tank every once in awhile, but always looking like she's showing off. Then back to half laying on the bottom hiding. She never hides...

Here is what I've done tonight. Fed them frozen brine shrimp (she did grab a piece that could have still been frozen because a group was sticking together. Fed the plecos a small piece of bell pepper. And then messed with the heater.

I am now doing a large water change, and I've already removed the hydor from the tank. Just checked parameters. Ammonia 0 trite 0 trate 10.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Water change is done. She was swimming around a little, but still hiding some. I'll see what she looks like in the a.m.

Heater is off the tank now.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    There's always been good water flow through it?

And of course, it's always off when the filter isn't running?
    Ya my filter still has good flow even with the extra hose I used to add the heater. I also cleaned the filter out recently (ended up doing it again tonight) so I don't the debree would have been slowing down the output. I aways start my filter on low flow while I'm filling up the tank, and then once filled I turn it to max flow and then plug in the heater.

Thanks for the help! I'm glad someone else on this forum has this heater to help problem solve.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

1 Not allowed!
    Hope your acara turns out OK

Yeah, you never want to have the heater plugged in if no water is running through it, it could possibly overheat and fry the innards

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   My fish say thanks - KoryKat   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    Hope your acara turns out OK

Yeah, you never want to have the heater plugged in if no water is running through it, it could possibly overheat and fry the innards
    If you turn off the canister, why would the heater still be heating if the water is up to temperature? Don't these heaters shut off when the temperature of the tank has been reached? There's still water in the tube inside the heater.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I always err on the side of caution, there's no reason for the heater to be plugged in if the filter isn't running.