· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New find

Hybrid View

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's a betta for you. - Slaphppy7   For your oscar heimlich rescue :) - BluewaterBoof   

Default New find

4 Not allowed!
    So I was at my wife's uncle house and he mentioned there was a bunch of junk in the back yard he was trying to figure out what to do with. He said i could go and see if there was anything I wanted. There among the odds and end junk was an aquarium that i hurried and checked out. It did not appear to be in too bad of shape or been in the weather for long. Just some hard water stains to clean up and then test for water holding integrity. Ahhh now what do domwith it? It looks to be between 15 and 20 gallon bow front. I have not measured it yet. This gave me a perfect excuse to try a nano sw tank. Now I just end to start piecing together some equipment when funds allow. I am thinking on using an aqua clear filter with this one. I also want to keep it super simple low tech. Now I just need to find room for it.
    Brian

I wish I had a Fish Wish Dish.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   AC's defender from spammers! - Boundava   Thanks for the rep and support - Silbar   Happy Anniversary! - RiversGirl   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

1 Not allowed!
    "Free" is my favorite price.
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's a betta for you. - Slaphppy7   For your oscar heimlich rescue :) - BluewaterBoof   

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    "Free" is my favorite price.
    Yup now I need to find a free filter, heater, etc etc
    Brian

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   AC's defender from spammers! - Boundava   Thanks for the rep and support - Silbar   Happy Anniversary! - RiversGirl   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

2 Not allowed!
    If you are considering SW, there's gonna be more than 2 "etc", lol

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    And that is my big concern, even with doing it low tech.
    Brian

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    It was just a guess on my part, I've never had a SW tank

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas! - Boundava   Merry Christmas - steeler58   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by bpete View Post
    This gave me a perfect excuse to try a nano sw tank.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas! - Boundava   Merry Christmas - steeler58   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by bpete View Post
    And that is my big concern, even with doing it low tech.
    Just depends on your goals. Nothing here but a $60 light off Amazon and a small air pump for water circulation.

large.gallery_86452_3_30107.jpg.4dc6a128cb5caca6643c32b4e951e175.jpg

The hobby is only as complex and expensive as you make it. You can get a saltwater tank up and running with just the same stuff as freshwater. People just end up adding more things to the tanks over time to make maintenance more easy.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas! We miss you. - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Welcome Back! - Boundava   Here is a coral to tide you over until you decide what to get for your 40 - bpete   Sorry for the ich, you'll defeat it. - mch1984   

2 Not allowed!
    Congrats on the free tank! SW doesn't have to be crazy expensive or complicated. Just do your research and figure out what kind of setup you want to have. Start simple and you can add whatever bells and whistles you want along the way as time and money permits. And start a SW journal, if you haven't already.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   You will win this battle against the nematodes. - RiversGirl   teacher/friend - marc4   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   

3 Not allowed!
    Nice score! Interesting, I will be following to learn about how to start an inexpensive SW tank.
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast