· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks. Does it matter when you add Prime? Like when you fill it up pre-aging or right before using it in the tank. Bare in mind, I am concerned about chloramines.
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   My fish say thanks - KoryKat   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by angelcraze2 View Post
    Thanks. Does it matter when you add Prime? Like when you fill it up pre-aging or right before using it in the tank. Bare in mind, I am concerned about chloramines.
    It depends how much you want to use in the long run.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For luck with your son's recovery - Slaphppy7   Healing prayers for Henry - RiversGirl   DIY water chnager, nice job! - Slaphppy7   My heart goes out to you and your little boy.  He is so strong and so are you. - angelcraze2   Healing prayers for little Henry (superman) - Silbar   
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Mspringer   Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Mspringer   Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Mspringer   

0 Not allowed!
    So even if I don't use all of the water in the container and then refill I should still dose for the entire container each time?
    ~Pray for Henry~

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For luck with your son's recovery - Slaphppy7   Healing prayers for Henry - RiversGirl   DIY water chnager, nice job! - Slaphppy7   My heart goes out to you and your little boy.  He is so strong and so are you. - angelcraze2   Healing prayers for little Henry (superman) - Silbar   
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Mspringer   Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Mspringer   Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Mspringer   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocksor View Post
    It depends how much you want to use in the long run.
    I think what she is also trying to get at is there preferred timing? Like is adding prime to the container when you add the water ok even f your not going to use it for another week or should the prime be added to the container right before the water change?
    ~Pray for Henry~

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   My fish say thanks - KoryKat   

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mspringer View Post
    So even if I don't use all of the water in the container and then refill I should still dose for the entire container each time?
    If you only dose for the amount of water added, and store it, you should circulate the water for at least 1 hour using a pump to make sure that Prime comes in contact with all of the chlorine/chloramine.

I think what she is also trying to get at is there preferred timing? Like is adding prime to the container when you add the water ok even f your not going to use it for another week or should the prime be added to the container right before the water change?
    It's fine to add Prime to the container to dechlorinate ahead of time, even if you don't use the water for 1 week.
    Last edited by Rocksor; 10-04-2018 at 12:11 PM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocksor View Post
    If you only dose for the amount of water added, and store it, you should circulate the water for at least 1 hour using a pump to make sure that Prime comes in contact with all of the chlorine/chloramine.

It's fine to add Prime to the container to dechlorinate ahead of time, even if you don't use the water for 1 week.
    Thanks! So I what I did last time was fill the container back up right after using water from it so if I continue doing that it will always have more than a day of circulating. Also I do have a QF 10 filter running in it circulating he water. So seems like based on what I just mentioned and what you said if I keep doing that I can just dose with prime for the quantity of water added to the container I should be fine. Right?
    ~Pray for Henry~

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Thanks! So I what I did last time was fill the container back up right after using water from it so if I continue doing that it will always have more than a day of circulating. Also I do have a QF 10 filter running in it circulating he water. So seems like based on what I just mentioned and what you said if I keep doing that I can just dose with prime for the quantity of water added to the container I should be fine. Right?
    that's fine

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Update: I swapped my 260gph pond pump for a 400gph pump. This is much better. It seems like a much more reasonable rate of flow without being overkill/blasting sand and gravel around. I would recommend this size to anyone with a 40 gallon and smaller tank. If you have bigger I would get even larger, say probably. 5 or 600gph rated pump.
    ~Pray for Henry~