· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Hybrid View

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Default Meds adverse react?

0 Not allowed!
    Hi, i have a jewel ciclid that was in a tank 2 other ciclids. He got bullied around and became very pale and then started to spit out the food which he hasnt been doing before. I moved him to a 60 L Quarantine, at first thinking that he might get better with some rest. He was spitting out the food so i switched to a very small pellets. Those he ate but only a few at a time. After 2 days he started to spit them as well. I also noticed that when he is trying to eat sometimes he shakes his head like it hurts to him. Yesterday i decided to start treating with meds and since i didnt know exactly what im treating i gavr him an overall treatment: Kanaplex,Furanol and levamisole-to cover parasites and bacteria.After giving the meds ive notice a stressed behavior from him including shakig and swimming rpidly. 2 hours later he was laying on his side. I started to do water changes, replacing about 90% in 2 hours.He is now swimming normaly but seems very very weak.
    Just fr mentioning ive checked about these meds and they are supposingly ok to use together and also i did used them together before with no adverse react.
    I dont know if it was overdosing or the mixture that cause him to be like this ,or that it was due to something else and i also have no idea what was wrong with him in the first place. I will appreciate any tips and help in diagnosing and for the next step to treat him. Thank you

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   My fish say thanks - KoryKat   

1 Not allowed!
    You put all three medications? If you did, I wouldn't put in the levamisole at the same time as the other 2.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Yes i did, Why wouldent you? do you know of any interaction?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   My fish say thanks - KoryKat   

0 Not allowed!
    You just indicated your fish had an interaction with all 3. Nitrofurazone and Kanamycin sulfate has been mixed before.

How much dosage (ppm) did you put of levamisole?

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    the product saying to put 0.5 gr for 40L so thats what i did. Ive used them befor together,all 3, without adverse effect.
    The question is what to do now.. the fish is better then in the morning when he was on his side, but he still looks very bad, which he was befor the medications. Whould i medicate again in some way?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by SaveThemAll1 View Post
    the product saying to put 0.5 gr for 40L so thats what i did. Ive used them befor together,all 3, without adverse effect.
    The question is what to do now.. the fish is better then in the morning when he was on his side, but he still looks very bad, which he was befor the medications. Whould i medicate again in some way?
    That's a lot of levamisole, about 10ppm dosing, any weakened fish will get hurt by a dosage this high or higher. You only need 2ppm dosage, so a 99% levamisole medication would be dosed close to 0.1 g per 40L.
    Last edited by Rocksor; 09-24-2018 at 06:59 PM.