· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on the new salties - Slaphppy7   Have a clownfish! - Slaphppy7   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   A bit of good luck to get you through Irma. - Taurus   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

Default J's 20g high nano reef

2 Not allowed!
    Will start my journal over here since I have decided to do a nano reef instead of a freshwater.

Got the stand built last month, picked up a standard 20g high marineland a couple weeks ago, picked up a 10g last week that will be my sump.

Today I picked up an overflow box from a local reef shop (what a great find and close too home. No more driving 45 mins one way)

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on the new salties - Slaphppy7   Have a clownfish! - Slaphppy7   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   A bit of good luck to get you through Irma. - Taurus   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Here are a couple more pics

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Welcome Back! - Boundava   Here is a coral to tide you over until you decide what to get for your 40 - bpete   Sorry for the ich, you'll defeat it. - mch1984   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   

1 Not allowed!
    Congrats on getting the overflow box! One more piece of the puzzle marked off the list.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah buddy!

Any stocking ideas so far?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by showmebutterfly View Post
    Congrats on getting the overflow box! One more piece of the puzzle marked off the list.

I'm really considering the current LOOP system minus the light (maybe) not sure how the lights do growing coral cause I at least want one or two sps.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by BluewaterBoof View Post
    Yeah buddy!

Any stocking ideas so far?
    A side from snails and maybe some hermits I haven't thought about livestock much in the form of fish. Coal on the other hand, I know I want at least a couple of sps. Not sure which yet. But I know I want a few colonies of zoas and I want some acans and definitely want some frog spawn...i honestly miss my gsp I had growing on my back wall of my red sea so I may do something similar with that. Man I can't start thinking about stock yet lol or I will go nuts!

So far I got a few of the main bits of hardware just got to put together the rest and I will be rocking and rolling.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For luck with your cycle. - Slaphppy7   Have a tetra, glad your here ;-) - steeler58   They didn't have an eel so here's a foxface haha - BluewaterBoof   

0 Not allowed!
    So excited to see another salty journal. Iíve heard great things about the eclipse boxes, that was a great pick up.

My 2 cents on the current lights is donít do it. I had them on my 34 and now on my dads 20 gallon high. They will support lower light coral but I donít feel the higher demand stuff will make it with them. I hoping to buy a pair of the lights boof has for my dad for his 20 high for Christmas. Weíll see how big our Christmas budget is.

Looking great so far!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah I have Andres lights in my shopping cart on Amazon... I may spring for something else when it comes time to buy lights though. Who knows lol

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Now I have to decide if I want to mount the overflow on the middle or towards the side hmm.

Also I am planning on a herbie style, need to start researching on plumbing now.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Man sitting here lookin at this overflow it is really going to be slim and sexy in the tank. Really looking forward to this build finally. :)