This is becoming really frustrating. My cichlids and petricat have now gone through several treatments for ich, and when that did not help, I treated them with an API powdered medication for "body slime". There was a few days between treating for ich and beginning treatment for body slime. During that time, I looked through available medications and modes of treatment, and my fish had symptoms fitting body slime.

My fish are still ill, and getting worse. Many of them seem to have bulpoptholmia with a white rim around each eyeball. The flat slimy lesions previously there are now more extensive and new ones have appeared. Most have good appetites, but a couple of the, don't come out at feeding time as quickly as they once did.

This is the distribution of lesions by fish

electric yellow- eyes, probably body lesions, although his color makes it difficult to see white lesions

Demasoni- lower lip is white, several flat slimy lesions on his body, obvious decline in color, lethargy, sticking to within inches of the heater

yellow top mbuna- lower lip white, body has extensive lesions that are white and slimy, he has gone from free swimming in all areas of the tank to hiding between a rock and the wall of the tank, color has gone from brilliant blue to hazy grayish blue.

Blue Orchid-color had just begun and has now dulled. upper lip has flat slimy lesion, eyes beginning to protrude somewhat, two small body lesions

petricat-seems only minimally effected although skin color makes evaluation difficult

yellow asei- minimally effected, but eyes are now showing a cloudy ring around the iris lower lip white

Red zebra peacock- used to be striking peach color which has dulled, some swelling under his chin, lesions were much slower to evolve and did not start until about three days ago

Zebra Obliquidens- lesions very similar to the red zebra's, also did not start appearing until two -three days ago (red zebra and this fish were a set, always together, )

polit-first fish to develop lesions, white lesion from cranial aspect of dorsal fin extending in a blaze between the eyes that had stopped halfway down the face is now all the way to the upper lip in a blaze, several body lesions, dull body color

fire red urganda- ring around the iris that is cloudy, lesions that are flat with the slimy white look, he was still young, and his body had not yet colored up

congo black calvus-dead-this fish had been well accepted, allowed to take food out of the mouth of the others and share the caves with even the most territorial of my fish. his black body with bright white spots (normal coloring) had become very dull, his behavior depressed the only lesion was a flat white stripe between his eyes. he died fairly quickly after lesions appeared

although they have lesions, peacocks seem to be most resistant to what ever is plaguing them. At this point, i expect to lose more fish. The antibiotics and ich medications can't be used together but I am running out of options. My ceramic rings were taken out during antibiotic treatment, kept in old tank water and fed a small amount of ammonia during this time. Any suggestions?