· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For luck with your son's recovery - Slaphppy7   Healing prayers for Henry - RiversGirl   DIY water chnager, nice job! - Slaphppy7   My heart goes out to you and your little boy.  He is so strong and so are you. - angelcraze2   Healing prayers for little Henry (superman) - Silbar   
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Mspringer   Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Mspringer   Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Mspringer   

Default New 38 gallon tank setup.

1 Not allowed!
    Tank-38 gallon 36/20/12 are the dimensions

Substrate-black sand with a very small amount of orange gravel mixed in(per my kids, but I like it) for just a little splash of color.

Filters-Aqua clear 50 and aqueon Quiet flow 30

Plan to use the big hollow tree from our current 29 gallon tank along with a couple of the artificial plants.

We found some very nice flat river rocks today that my son wants to silicone together into a rock cave of some sort. I picked up GE silicone 1 for this which is apparently aquarium safe.

Hoping to do some live plants.

Let me know if you have any thoughts/suggestions.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Sounds like a lot of fun!

GE silicone is the right stuff :) It would be best to let the cave structure cure dry for a week. When I tried this, I only left it dry for the recommended 24-48 hrs and the silicone came apart a bit after a while. Also keep in mind it's not easy to hide the silicone if it's left visible.
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For luck with your son's recovery - Slaphppy7   Healing prayers for Henry - RiversGirl   DIY water chnager, nice job! - Slaphppy7   My heart goes out to you and your little boy.  He is so strong and so are you. - angelcraze2   Healing prayers for little Henry (superman) - Silbar   
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Mspringer   Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Mspringer   Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Mspringer   

2 Not allowed!
    Buying 4 different live plants right now. Doing a little trial and error see what grows.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Which ones did you order? So exciting!
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Welcome back! - Slaphppy7   Celebrating your amazing restoration work! - showmebutterfly   Have a Candy cane ;-) Merry Christmas - steeler58   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Are you buying them online, or do you have a good lfs that you got them from? I'm asking because I've been trying to find a good lfs to buy plants from.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by angelcraze2 View Post
    I bought them at the fish store too many for me remember their names lol ill look at the receipt later.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nautilus291 View Post
    Are you buying them online, or do you have a good lfs that you got them from? I'm asking because I've been trying to find a good lfs to buy plants from.
    There is a pet value in sidney that I've had good luck with. I've been to others and had zero luck but this particular store I have had luck with so far. I was at a fish warehouse in dayton yesterday. They had rooms full of salt water and fresh water fish. If you were looking for a special fish or in bulk I would recommend it. I haven't bout anything there yet but just looked.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Welcome back! - Slaphppy7   Celebrating your amazing restoration work! - showmebutterfly   Have a Candy cane ;-) Merry Christmas - steeler58   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Was it called Gerber's? Because that is a really neat store!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by angelcraze2 View Post
    Got green myrio which I think is the one you said looked like the fake one I had on the left side of the 29. Got some sort of giant grass I can't remember the technical name. Then two others that I can't remember the name of and the receipt doesn't call out lol.

I will probably just have them in 5 gallon buckets of water for the next day or so till we finish setting up the tank.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nautilus291 View Post
    Was it called Gerber's? Because that is a really neat store!
    Sure was!!!!!