· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Welcome back! - Slaphppy7   Celebrating your amazing restoration work! - showmebutterfly   Have a Candy cane ;-) Merry Christmas - steeler58   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    Yep I love that place. It's been awhile since I've gone there though. They also rescue fish that have gotten too big for people's tanks, so that is also a good reason to support them.

When I went there last year they had a half dozen 2 foot red tail sharks that they had rescued. I saw a couple of months ago they gave them to a rescue center in Cleveland. Kind of nice to see in a hobby where so many people just release their large fish into bodies of water where they are destined to die, or devastate the local environment.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For luck with your son's recovery - Slaphppy7   Healing prayers for Henry - RiversGirl   DIY water chnager, nice job! - Slaphppy7   My heart goes out to you and your little boy.  He is so strong and so are you. - angelcraze2   Healing prayers for little Henry (superman) - Silbar   
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Mspringer   Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Mspringer   Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Mspringer   

0 Not allowed!
    Any recommendations for cleaning the rocks before siliconing them together? What about cleaning decorations from the old tank?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For luck with your son's recovery - Slaphppy7   Healing prayers for Henry - RiversGirl   DIY water chnager, nice job! - Slaphppy7   My heart goes out to you and your little boy.  He is so strong and so are you. - angelcraze2   Healing prayers for little Henry (superman) - Silbar   
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Mspringer   Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Mspringer   Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Mspringer   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nautilus291 View Post
    Yep I love that place. It's been awhile since I've gone there though. They also rescue fish that have gotten too big for people's tanks, so that is also a good reason to support them.

When I went there last year they had a half dozen 2 foot red tail sharks that they had rescued. I saw a couple of months ago they gave them to a rescue center in Cleveland. Kind of nice to see in a hobby where so many people just release their large fish into bodies of water where they are destined to die, or devastate the local environment.
    Ya they had some big catfish there yesterday every bit of a foot long maybe longer. And I agree, very cool!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Welcome back! - Slaphppy7   Celebrating your amazing restoration work! - showmebutterfly   Have a Candy cane ;-) Merry Christmas - steeler58   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    I used vinegar and a new tooth brush to clean off rocks in the past.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Be honest with me guys. What do you like? Should I do differently? I haven't glued anything yet.IMG_7546.jpgIMG_7547.jpgIMG_7548.jpgIMG_7549.jpgIMG_7550.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Keep in mind tank is 12 inches deep 36 long and 20 tall plan to use the hollow tree from 29 also and the substrate is going to be black with a tiny bit of orange mixed in.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Too big? Too little? Wrong shape? Wrong color?

Kindof showed you two different designs. Lol. I want this tank to look sweet so I'm being picky!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - ApistoJoe   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Do what's pleasing to you and your kids, first. I haven't used rocks before so I'm not the best judge. But, using that cardboard in about the same size as the tank's footprint, lay out the rock structure and the hollow tree together to see how they'll fit in - front or back, left or right, centered or cornered. Even lay out the plants a bits where you think they might go (but don't let them dry out.) You might want to leave some room behind the rock structure for taller plants since the tank is so high.
    Last edited by SueD; 09-17-2018 at 12:35 AM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by SueD View Post
    Do what's pleasing to you and your kids, first. I haven't used rocks before so I'm not the best judge. But, using that cardboard in about the same size as the tank's footprint, lay out the rock structure and the hollow tree together to see how they'll fit in - front or back, left or right, centered or cornered. Even lay out the plants a bits where you think they might go (but don't let them dry out.) You might want to leave some room behind the rock structure for taller plants since the tank is so high.

Took your advice...IMG_7554.jpg

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    I like the depth of that one compared to the other. Although I like how the support rock on the left looks on the other one too.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nautilus291 View Post
    I like the depth of that one compared to the other. Although I like how the support rock on the left looks on the other one too.
    So basically I just added another thing in the middle on the one that the other didn't have. Otherwise they are relatively the same. Think it will look ok? With black substrate? It's about 7" tall several areas fish could go through or hide.