· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Welcome back! - Slaphppy7   Celebrating your amazing restoration work! - showmebutterfly   Have a Candy cane ;-) Merry Christmas - steeler58   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    It can stress your fish out also if you are getting big pH swings, so it's not only the bb you have to worry about.
    "They had learned to speak, and so had won their first great victory over Time. Now the knowledge of one generation could be handed on to the next, so that each age could profit from those that had gone before." 2001: A Space Odyssey
    Arthur C. Clark

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For luck with your son's recovery - Slaphppy7   Healing prayers for Henry - RiversGirl   DIY water chnager, nice job! - Slaphppy7   My heart goes out to you and your little boy.  He is so strong and so are you. - angelcraze2   Healing prayers for little Henry (superman) - Silbar   
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Mspringer   Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Mspringer   Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Mspringer   

0 Not allowed!
    Did you guys see what I said about the ammonia showing up the week I added the flourish?
    ~Pray for Henry~

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    I don't remember the Flourish part, but I began commenting when you started seeing ammonia

I don't use liquid plant ferts, I have easy-to-grow plants that don't require them, so no experience there

Consider the fact that the problems arose when you began adding the fert, and just IMO, it sounds more than coincidental

I know nothing about dosing that stuff, but when a tank is in it's "infancy", so to speak of, just being cycled and slowly becoming established, I would not add anything from a bottle except Prime, when needed during WC's

Just my two cents, others here have much more experience with plant ferts than your truly
    Last edited by Slaphppy7; 02-26-2019 at 11:39 PM.
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For luck with your son's recovery - Slaphppy7   Healing prayers for Henry - RiversGirl   DIY water chnager, nice job! - Slaphppy7   My heart goes out to you and your little boy.  He is so strong and so are you. - angelcraze2   Healing prayers for little Henry (superman) - Silbar   
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Mspringer   Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Mspringer   Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Mspringer   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    I don't remember the Flourish part, but I began commenting when you started seeing ammonia

I don't use liquid plant ferts, I have easy-to-grow plants that don't require them, so no experience there

Consider the fact that the problems arose when you began adding the fert, and just IMO, it sounds more than coincidental

I know nothing about dosing that stuff, but when a tank is in it's "infancy", so to speak of, just being cycled and slowly becoming established, I would not add anything from a bottle except Prime, when needed during WC's

Just my two cents, others here have much more experience with plant ferts than your truly
    I mentioned it just a couple of posts ago. At any rate I know my dosing is correct I’m not concerned with that, t was just another variable. I haven’t had ammo is in months and I happened to get it the week that o started the fertilizer...
    ~Pray for Henry~

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!

And at what point do you not consider it being in its infancy? 1 year? I feel like I’ve had it forever all read, only been like 6-7 months though I guess.
    ~Pray for Henry~

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mspringer View Post
    And at what point do you not consider it being in its infancy?
    When it doesn't maintain a cycle
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Ph in 20 gallon holding tank which was fresh from tap 48 hours ago is right around 8~8.1
    Ph in 38 gallon display tank is right around 8.1~8.2.

They are very close to one another but the tank is just barely a shade darker.

Ammonia in 38 gallon tonight is zero
    Nitrates between 5&10. 40% water change was just done on Sunday.
    ~Pray for Henry~

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!

It maintained a cycle for several months with no issue...

Only change points were I cleaned the filter media more thoroughly than normal(in old tank water but more thoroughly)

Two dead danios

And started using flourish.
    ~Pray for Henry~

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nautilus291 View Post
    It can stress your fish out also if you are getting big pH swings, so it's not only the bb you have to worry about.
    See the parameters I posted. PH seems pretty stable to me.

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Mspringer; 02-27-2019 at 03:43 AM.
    ~Pray for Henry~

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Did you catch my post about the parameters?
    ~Pray for Henry~

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast