· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For luck with your son's recovery - Slaphppy7   Healing prayers for Henry - RiversGirl   DIY water chnager, nice job! - Slaphppy7   My heart goes out to you and your little boy.  He is so strong and so are you. - angelcraze2   Healing prayers for little Henry (superman) - Silbar   
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Mspringer   Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Mspringer   Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Mspringer   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nautilus291 View Post
    Good point @Slaphppy7 overfeeding is really easy to do when you have that many little fish in the tank since you want to make sure they all get their fair share.

With a little ammonia in the tank it might have just stressed those fish out enough to cause the deaths. Maybe they were older and couldn't handle the small spike like the others. Either way i would watch the rest of your fish closely for a couple of weeks just to make sure this isn't the start of a mass die off.
    I’ve been feeding the same way for 6 months now. A pinch of generic flakes a pinch of spirulina which the danio and serpae eat within a minute or two and then once all the lights are out I put in about 2 pellets broken into pieces for the cories to get. Then I usually skip one day per week and then once a month I skip 2 days when we are at the hospital. This seems correct right?
    ~Pray for Henry~

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For luck with your son's recovery - Slaphppy7   Healing prayers for Henry - RiversGirl   DIY water chnager, nice job! - Slaphppy7   My heart goes out to you and your little boy.  He is so strong and so are you. - angelcraze2   Healing prayers for little Henry (superman) - Silbar   
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Mspringer   Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Mspringer   Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Mspringer   

0 Not allowed!
    Bump bump.
    ~Pray for Henry~

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    Yes, that is not overfeeding..I actually only feed every other day now, for several months, fish are fine

What is the ph in the tank, and the ph of your tap after a sample sits for 24H?
    Last edited by Slaphppy7; 02-26-2019 at 07:50 PM.
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    Yes, that is not overfeeding..I actually only feed every other day now, for several months, fish are fine

I haven’t tested ph in months but I know it’s high. Like 8-8.2. Last checked very stable though too in the tank because my water always sits in a tank and circulates for a week before pumping it over into the tank at water change.
    ~Pray for Henry~

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!

When I get the chance I can test it again tho.
    ~Pray for Henry~

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    Can't hurt to test again

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Can't hurt to test again
    And what exactly will I be looking for?

Like to what end am I testing?

If the ph is 8.5 at the tap...what?
    If the ph is 7 at the tap...what?
    Same for holding tank, main tank. What is the purpose of the test?

I’ve been told time and time again stable ph is more important than a certain ph.
    ~Pray for Henry~

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Because if it dropped dramatically, for whatever reason, your BB could die off

Just trying to cover all of the bases regarding sudden ammonia readings, that I can think of

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Because if it dropped dramatically, for whatever reason, your BB could die off

Just trying to cover all of the bases regarding sudden ammonia readings, that I can think of
    Copy that, like I said I was just trying to understand the premise behind testing. So the theory isthat if the PH dropped dramatically that it could kill BB...

Based on my past experience the ph out of the tap was in the 7 range and then in the 8s in the tank so t actually rose in the tank after a while but I can test again.

Here is one other variable that I thought of. The same week that the ammonia spike occurred was the week that I began using sechems flourish to assist with plant growth. Think that could cause anything?
    ~Pray for Henry~

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Welcome back! - Slaphppy7   Celebrating your amazing restoration work! - showmebutterfly   Have a Candy cane ;-) Merry Christmas - steeler58   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    It's a good thing to test it out, but with the limestone bed we sit on the PH of the water around her usually stays pretty stable.
    "They had learned to speak, and so had won their first great victory over Time. Now the knowledge of one generation could be handed on to the next, so that each age could profit from those that had gone before." 2001: A Space Odyssey
    Arthur C. Clark

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast