· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

1 Not allowed!
    The stress of moving him over may do more harm than just watching and waiting, and fresh clean water.

I'd just leave things be as they are.
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For luck with your son's recovery - Slaphppy7   Healing prayers for Henry - RiversGirl   DIY water chnager, nice job! - Slaphppy7   My heart goes out to you and your little boy.  He is so strong and so are you. - angelcraze2   Healing prayers for little Henry (superman) - Silbar   
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Mspringer   Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Mspringer   Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Mspringer   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    The stress of moving him over may do more harm than just watching and waiting, and fresh clean water.

I'd just leave things be as they are.
    Copy that. I haven’t moved him yet so I’lol leave it as is for now. At what point would you move it over if any?
    ~Pray for Henry~

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

1 Not allowed!
    TBH, I wouldn't move it until it passes...

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For luck with your son's recovery - Slaphppy7   Healing prayers for Henry - RiversGirl   DIY water chnager, nice job! - Slaphppy7   My heart goes out to you and your little boy.  He is so strong and so are you. - angelcraze2   Healing prayers for little Henry (superman) - Silbar   
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Mspringer   Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Mspringer   Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Mspringer   

0 Not allowed!
    Lost one the other day and have two others that aren’t looking so hot. They are all the glow fish danios that I’ve had for like 3 months or so.

Additionally I tested water parameters today and noticed that my ammonia was registering. Not a lot by definitely registering. I dosed with prime and will do another water change soon but I’m a littler curious as to why this happened. The only thing I can think of is that maybe I cleaned the media a little to much last weekend. I used old tank water like normal I just got it Kesner than usual. Thoughts?
    ~Pray for Henry~

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Bump bump.
    ~Pray for Henry~

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

3 Not allowed!
    They may have been just weak stock...try buying your next fish from a different source

As long as you clean your media in old tank (or new treated) water, and never allow it to dry out, you shouldn't lose any BB

Maybe the fish deaths caused an ammonia spike, rotting carcasses can do that

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    They may have been just weak stock...try buying your next fish from a different source

As long as you clean your media in old tank (or new treated) water, and never allow it to dry out, you shouldn't lose any BB

Maybe the fish deaths caused an ammonia spike, rotting carcasses can do that
    All the other fish from there have been great I suppose 4 out of 26 being bad isn’t terrible.

I mean the dead ones were in there no more than a couple of hours but I guess I have no other explanation for it.
    ~Pray for Henry~

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    4 out of 26 isn't bad

Yeah, 2 small danios in a tank that size shouldn't have caused an issue, especially since you got them out soon after they died

You're not overfeeding, correct?
    Last edited by Slaphppy7; 02-24-2019 at 07:50 PM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Welcome back! - Slaphppy7   Celebrating your amazing restoration work! - showmebutterfly   Have a Candy cane ;-) Merry Christmas - steeler58   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Good point @Slaphppy7 overfeeding is really easy to do when you have that many little fish in the tank since you want to make sure they all get their fair share.

With a little ammonia in the tank it might have just stressed those fish out enough to cause the deaths. Maybe they were older and couldn't handle the small spike like the others. Either way i would watch the rest of your fish closely for a couple of weeks just to make sure this isn't the start of a mass die off.
    "They had learned to speak, and so had won their first great victory over Time. Now the knowledge of one generation could be handed on to the next, so that each age could profit from those that had gone before." 2001: A Space Odyssey
    Arthur C. Clark

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    4 out of 26 isn't bad

Yeah, 2 small danios in a tank that size shouldn't have caused an issue, especially since you got them out soon after they died

You're not overfeeding, correct?
    I’ve been feeding the same way for 6 months now. A pinch of generic flakes a pinch of spirulina which the danio and serpae eat within a minute or two and then once all the lights are out I put in about 2 pellets broken into pieces for the cories to get. Then I usually skip one day per week and then once a month I skip 2 days when we are at the hospital. This seems correct right?
    ~Pray for Henry~

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast