· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For luck with your son's recovery - Slaphppy7   Healing prayers for Henry - RiversGirl   DIY water chnager, nice job! - Slaphppy7   My heart goes out to you and your little boy.  He is so strong and so are you. - angelcraze2   Healing prayers for little Henry (superman) - Silbar   
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Mspringer   Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Mspringer   Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Mspringer   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by angelcraze2 View Post
    I'm not sure what an ounce is. If it's a fluid ounce? One pack is 250 mg and is mixed into 4 oz, so if you reduce that it's 31.25 mg per 0.5 oz. Still a lot I think.....

Atm, i'm not sure how to reduce that further, but I know I used the 1/8 tsp fenben powder in some food equaling about 2 cubes of frozen food.
    I would like to get the kind that just goes in the water instead. I'd therr a good recommendation for a brand?
    ~Pray for Henry~

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You will win this battle against the nematodes. - RiversGirl   teacher/friend - marc4   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   

1 Not allowed!
    Ok, Levamisole HCI will do the trick. Follow the 'loaches' link I posted.

Here's an ebay link for 5 grams. I bought 10 grams, treated all my tanks twice and still have some leftover. 1/4 tsp treats 100 gallons.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Levamisole-...oAAOSwJJVb4jWs

To figure out the dosage for 20 gallons, you would make 10 equal piles out of 1/4 of a teaspoon. Each pile treats 10 gallons, so two piles equal a 2ppm dosage for a 20 gallon. It's all in the loaches link.

Or 1/8 teaspoon treats 50 gallons, so for 38 gallons, it would be a little less than 1/8 tsp. Dissolved in tank water first, distributed around the tank perimeter and gently mix through tank with hand or stick or something. The dosage is ok at 4ppm, but studies have shown that the minimum effective dosage is 2ppm, like that's all that is needed and more does not increase effectiveness.
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For luck with your son's recovery - Slaphppy7   Healing prayers for Henry - RiversGirl   DIY water chnager, nice job! - Slaphppy7   My heart goes out to you and your little boy.  He is so strong and so are you. - angelcraze2   Healing prayers for little Henry (superman) - Silbar   
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Mspringer   Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Mspringer   Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Mspringer   

1 Not allowed!
    Everything in the tank seems to be continuing to go well overall. The glofish have been in the main tank for a few days now and seem pretty happy/getting along well with the 8 other zebra danios that are in there. The mystery snail was in for about 2 weeks and died 2 days ago. He was such an active big and awesome looking snail, was sad that he died but I'm honestly wondering if he wasn't getting old as he was very large.

That being said at some point I will be looking for another one or two snails. I am wondering if there are any pros and cons of mystery snails compared to nerites and visaversa.
    ~Pray for Henry~

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Notice there's only ONE candle? Easy blowing, easy wishing. May your dreams come true. - mermaidwannabe   First round is on me, Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Another beer to help make up missing your birthday. - gadget228   Happy Birthday - Taurus   Hope you had a great Birthday! - discusluv   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

1 Not allowed!
    Nerites may lay eggs all over the place, which won't hatch...many consider them unsightly, others don't mind them

Mystery snails will lay a clutch up out of the water (that WILL hatch) that are easy to remove if you don't want dozens of baby snails
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    Nerites may lay eggs all over the place, which won't hatch...many consider them unsightly, others don't mind them

Mystery snails will lay a clutch up out of the water (that WILL hatch) that are easy to remove if you don't want dozens of baby snails
    Size is about the same right? Eat same variety of algae? Neither will eat plants?
    ~Pray for Henry~

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Notice there's only ONE candle? Easy blowing, easy wishing. May your dreams come true. - mermaidwannabe   First round is on me, Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Another beer to help make up missing your birthday. - gadget228   Happy Birthday - Taurus   Hope you had a great Birthday! - discusluv   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

1 Not allowed!
    Nerites are a bit smaller; diet is the same, from what I understand, I've never kept nerites.

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You will win this battle against the nematodes. - RiversGirl   teacher/friend - marc4   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   

1 Not allowed!
    My experience with mystery snails is they ate the new hygro rosenervig growth. They went back to the LFS. But others swear they don't eat plants unless they are dead decaying. Nerites eat all types of algae, excluding filamentous algae. They have the ability to rasp hard algae like green spot, but their favorite and most nutritious algae is brown algae. This is to feed them, not to keep the tank algae free. They usually leave mouth marks on the glass where algae was and it usually still has to be wiped.
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks everyone! Debating ordering some online? If I order some online should I still QT then at all?
    ~Pray for Henry~

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    I've never QT'd inverts...or fish, for that matter

I'm sure it will bite me one day

For me, the key is buying from well-known, established, respectable vendors